New Genesis type atomizer by DID!

Status
Not open for further replies.

wasabi5858

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2012
Los Angeles
Interesting. I did check my "Order Information" on e-vape.gr and no such number exists on that page.

Just says: Shipping Method: RealTime Tracking Very Fast .. and it doesn't show up in the comments or anywhere on the order information page.

That's what mine say and no tracking. Like you, I am not pm/email him about it. It gets here when it gets here... probably save me some aggravation from refreshing the tracking # every few hours and it is always nice to receive a package and go... what is this and be very pleasantly surprised.

VAPNJ350

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 26, 2011
Jacksonville,FL.
In my DID review, I'm vaping Pink Spot Vapor's Blue Spot, which is 70/30 PG/VG I believe. Lately, I've been vaping more pure VG juices though, including Bobas, Gorilla Juice, and COV Butterscotch.

Side tip.....If you want a "REAL" butterscotch juice that isn't Vg diluted down and thinned to water consistency with PGA go to virginia custom blends .com ....hands down the most spot on best true flavor of butterscotch I've EVER tasted. Bruces honestly doesn't hold a candle to it.

I really hope the mini is one of the products on the site by the end of the week. Jim's probably on the edge of fearful to put it on the site due to the 800+ orders he'll have in 2 days time for it.....I would be.

Ezkill

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 26, 2012
Los Angeles
Since there was a bit of a tank discussion can someone enlighten me if there is a material difference between the Kir Franis tanks and say the Clearomizer's and Vivi Nova's. Obviously his tanks are much nicer I know that.

The juices I use have NOT cracked Clearomizers, Vivi Nova or the tank on the Katana. I don't really know what any of these tanks are made of. I do use some fruit juices but they do not have citrus which I understand could be a problem on some tanks.

Last edited:

sw9668

Jul 17, 2012
CA
What a POST!!!
I am sure those info will help most of you !!
I do not have the time to reply here with answers and I am not more experienced from many genesis fans in this thread
So a big thank you to all of you that helping me with this and post like this one must be linked from the oldres to newbes (lol)

Thanks, Jim.

Added the following to the original post Here at the end of "THE RESISTANCE:" section.

-------------------------
Note 2: In this case, for those who have concerns about brass, it is better to have gold plated center post and nuts instead of stainless steel center post and nuts. If you are interested in how to gold plate: Click here
-------------------------

Last edited:

Cloud Wizard

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 24, 2012
Somewhere in PA on my Ultra Limited
Anyone know if this will fit the DID Clear Tanks ?

Or any glass tank that will, i'm not real interested in plastic seems a shame to slap plastic on this thing.

BTW Jim great product i'm very happy with mine :)

Lot's of pages now, but if you look back through this thread someone posted the dimensions. That glass tank you linked looks too long and (don't quote me on this...) I think I remember it being 18mm ID and the glass one you posted is either 19 or 16.5 ID (can't tell from the post). If you find one that fits, post it! Lot's of folks would like Pyrex.

principle

Verified Member
Jun 26, 2012
Prague
Lot's of pages now, but if you look back through this thread someone posted the dimensions. That glass tank you linked looks too long and (don't quote me on this...) I think I remember it being 18mm ID and the glass one you posted is either 19 or 16.5 ID (can't tell from the post). If you find one that fits, post it! Lot's of folks would like Pyrex.

Thanks if I find one I will. The Kir Fanis tanks are good, i'd just like to go the extra mile and find Pyrex.

Darryll

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 11, 2012
Brick, NJ

I just measured the SS tank.

Height is 27.3mm
ID is 17.4mm
OD is 19.8mm

dspin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 2, 2010
USA
Hot Spots For The DID Rebuildable Atty - YouTube

Here is the video on avoiding SHORTS on the DID.

Mike N

Ok, benefit of the doubt - watched the video. First place, anybody who knows anything knows brass has much better conductivity. Wrapping wire around a bare post is first generation genisis and mod makesr have moved on and away from that for better connections.

Also anybody who is experienced with genisis, KNOWS that leaving the screw in the fill hole, you will have less flavor and vapor.

Learn to do it right folks. Also if people are having trouble with securing the wire (for some unknown reason) with the two top nuts - get an extra one and use four.

This is all my opinion, like the reviewer in video - perhaps I should list every mod and genisis I have owned or own now. Perhaps people would listen then..

Avoiding shorts means - Properly prepare the mesh and properly attach the coil. This takes, time, patience and effort. It can take many tries before you get it right.

dspin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 2, 2010
USA
I have my DID bored out to 1/16" as well and I'm REALLY happy with how it performs! Whenever I get a new genesis I always vape a few ml through the coil to break it in and test the draw on the stock cap, and then almost always end up opening it up to 1/16". From there, I either stick with 1/16" or bump it up to 5/64" (which I always do with at least one cap if I can get replacements for that particular device) as I'm a total sucker for vapor production. Where I'm at with the DID currently is that I think I'm going to keep it at 1/16" as the flow dynamics within the vapor chamber are perfectly executed and ultimately increase the vapor production without sacrificing flavor, th, or a tighter draw (which I'm impartial to, but I know it's important to many new genesis adopters).
And while I'm on the topic of flow dynamics, those of you who are just wrapping your wire around the post are severely hindering the DID's performance as any air that enters the vapor chamber and passes over the wick goes straight up into your mouth, rather than being forced around the post, creating a vortex of sorts, and thusly drawing more air over the coil. Not to mention that you'll get a much stronger connection with the nuts, will experience far fewer shorts and hot spots, and will be able to better preserve the linear shape of your wick, thus reducing potential kinks which will severely hinder wicking capabilities.

Lets bring this back to the forefront on reason for the nuts and flow dynamics

Tonytiger1

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 22, 2012
Houston
There's no doubt a genisis atomizer is more advance to use, I just find folks are trying to make it a do things it was not intended.
IMO the goal is to replace the 100 reds. Not make ridiculous clouds of smoke,

I've used 510's and resurrectors. Still felt and have cheated.
With the Did I have been smoke free and enjoy the taste and vape better.
Try to get the smoke out of a cig like you try in a genisis no way.

It you are a tinker, tinker with the genisis and have fun but dont bash the product. If you want to really get off of the rods and enjoy a consistent vape get a genisis with a big battery mod. the Did is a fine choice. And so damn cheap to rebuild. 100 feet of wire 5 bucks thats 400 atti's thats the price one 510 ! send me a pm if you can't get it to work. I'll be more the happy to help. Once you get it. The smile will be ear to ear.

Mr.Mann

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2011
All over the place
Here's a good video to watch

I posted a message to this guy about the watts used with his DID and he said, "The setup featured in the review is running at 16.1w." Can someone tell me how that is possible on a 3.7 device? (He is using a Precise+ BTW, not kicked, which could only go to 10w anyway.)

Last edited:

Mr.Mann

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2011
All over the place
.8ohms at 3.7 theoretically can achieve 16 watts if it can lay out the amperage.

From what I can see, he is using a 3 wrap coil; would this produce that low of ohms? Though it is theoretically possible, would this provide a good vape? I can't imagine that it would...maybe I am missing something?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread