New Kid on the block - MOM AND POP VAPOR SHOP- ECF Discounts*** - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

pwyll

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 24, 2011
Frank's ford, in the Caintuck
Yes, but from what I've read the Provari is robust enough to be an out-and-about. I know a lot of people have PV's that are home-use only, but the only way I can see me having something like that is if it's an art-piece. My homemade vv box is a stay-at-home, but that's because I mounted the electronics on the outside of it. When finished it will look like it came off the set of the first alien movie--"retro-tech," kind of the opposite of steampunk--but it will be very inconvenient to carry. Other than that, though, I buy my equipment to use and abuse. I've carried around a SS GGTS, I still carry (or did up until a couple of days ago ;)) the hand-made ePipemod for which I traded the GG. I'm chasing the perfect vape, but my first (and main) criteria is that the PV be rugged enough to stand "normal daily use" since I can't afford to acquire or maintain a zoo of prestige mods.

So while your question is relevant and does make a point, I actually would park the Rolls at the mall--just because I'm a jerk that way :laugh:

Wuzznt Me

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 2, 2011
Twilight Zone
Mine will be a stay at home. When I'm outside I have limited pocket space to start with between my keys, knives, gun, tools etc and my phone is on my belt in a case. I still trash a phone at least twice a year and often get wet either from wading or sweat. I'd have the screen and tube scratched up beyond recognition in less than a month lol. I know me. I usually wear an 808 auto around my neck on a lanyard so I can hit it when I want and if it gets lost or damaged nbd. The Vmax may be a "poor vari" but it's the fanciest mod I've ever owned. I take my wave mod out occasionally when I'm not going to be in rough situations but it stays home more than it goes bye bye car. It still looks and works like the day I got it. I call it my Sunday go to meeting mod. I've been inside for a while now but hopefully when I see the sawbones next week I'll be back in my normal habitat. I'm ready to go wrestle some aligators and slap a few bears around.

pwyll

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 24, 2011
That's why I wear cargo pants--and all my pockets are still full. :laugh:

I don't use plastic mods; I've built a couple (they're in a parts box) and Pop sent me a beautiful Blue Metal Flake vv as the Grand Prize for finally (and barely) winning the 2011 Armageddon Battle (I used it at home for a couple of days since it was my first vv, but it's been on display ever since), but they just wouldn't stand up to my "normal daily use." The GG would go in a pocket (side pocket with no keys or change). Wooden ones (Hogs and Pipes) and the VMax get carried by hand and only put in a pocket very temporarily if I need both hands and don't have a stable place to set them down.

But my daily routine does not include a lot of outdoors. For hiking and geocaching and stuffs I have a Prodigy that I've "ruggedized" with the heat-shrink tubing they use for deep-water fishing pole handles.

And good luck with getting back to molesting the wildlife :lol:

Morfeeus

ECF Veteran
Mar 5, 2011
Blue Springs, MO
I've had my Provari for just over a year and it is still going strong. It does have a couple minor paint chips due to dropping it on concrete and what not but overall, still looks pretty good. I run dual coil tanks on it. I did have to upgrade to the 2.0ohm cartos over the 1.5ohm ones because if the resistance dropped below 1.3, I would get the E2 error due to the cutoff switch. I run the 2.0's at 5.1-5.3 with no issues. If it ever dies, I will have no qualms about buying another one. I have more than gotten my moneys worth out of it.

pwyll

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 24, 2011
I think you'd love a zenesis pwyll!

Oh yes, I know I would. But I can't even keep up with that thread, so I know it will be a while before I am able to get one.

Actually, when I was talking about wanting to be able to get myself a reward for my one year vapeversary, a Zenesis was the top of my list with a Z-Atty being a very close second. An Orion v2 (being a fully hybrid but with adjustable battery sizing) kept waffling with the Z-Atty for second place. Someone had a Genesis Mini for sale in the classies and I jokingly asked if he was interested in trading for my GGTB (since he's a known collector and I knew he was looking for one) and he happened to mention in a PM that he had the Orion v2 he wasn't using. Several PM's, a couple of phone calls to Pheonix and a lot of emails later and I have no GG stuff left but the Post Office is telling me that I should have an Orion and a Genesis Mini tomorrow. And since one of the mods that's been done to the Orion is replacing the Poly tank for Fused Quartz, it seems to be the closest thing you can get to a Genesis without having the Zen~ logo on it...
woohoo.gif

Still planning on becoming a Zenfidel when I can, but I think this'll tide me over... :laugh:

pwyll

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 24, 2011
Ohhhh... congratulations Pwyll! You'll have to let me know what you think - I've only tried the Zenesis for rebuildables.

I surely will. Though I don't know how much good it will do since this will be my first actual foray into rebuildables. From everything I've read the Orion can be quite fiddly and frustrating to get dialed in, but once you do it's magic. I'm looking forward to the learning curve ;)

pwyll

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 24, 2011
Let me guess...the Pink Pchela right?

Those are in production and have not been released yet. Pchela's been using a Zenesis for a while, now, so that will be at least her second ;)

Thanks. Look nice but they don't speak my language.

Nope. Despite how evangelical some people get when they've gotten a Genesis-style atty/hybrid working, any kind of rebuildable atomizer is going to be a relatively niche product (until atty/cartos become impossible to obtain or much more expensive). Some people want their vaping stuff to just work. Some people want it personalized, but they want to set it and forget it. Some people fiddle and play with it constantly, even if it's already working perfectly fine. Right now, rebuildable attys are really only appropriate for that last group. Technology and technique are advancing rapidly, and I don't think it will be long before they will be appropriate for most people in the second group. But right now rebuildables are for the fiddlers--the people for whom "good enough" is never good enough and if they ever found perfection would immediately seek to improve on it.

I rolled my own cigarettes--when I quit smoking last year I was spending just under $25 for the equivalent of 1.5 to 2 cartons of cigarettes. Even if I'd just stuck to the Riva/eGos on which I started, vaping would have never saved me money. But I collected pocket ashtrays, restored antique lighters and cigarette cases, and collected vintage rolling supplies. Smoking was much more a hobby for me than a habit and it was the very facet of the equipment and accessories that drew me to vaping since no other method of quitting could replace the biggest aspect of smoking to me.

Rebuildables do speak my language ;)

Last edited:

Wuzznt Me

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 2, 2011
Twilight Zone
I used to roll mine and my wife's also. Everybody thought I had a machine but I never used one. We've even grown our own tobacco. I also used to build and fly models. Some from kits and some scratch built. Until they came out with what they call ARF. (Almost ready to fly.) Just glue a few things on and put a radio and engine in it. What used to take two weeks then took half a day. I had built my last model. Now they've got Plug N Play and RTF. (Ready to fly) Plug and play you put your radio gear in and go. RTF you take it out of the box, bolt the wing on and charge the battery. Radio is already installed. I've put my last ARF together. Haven't even had to buy a plane in several years since my son quit flying. I'm just not a fiddler unless it's absolutely necessary. More power to you.

Wuzznt Me

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 2, 2011
Twilight Zone
Got my batteries for my Vmax today. Woulda posted earlier but couldn't type one handed. It vapes like a lot higher voltage than what it's set at. 3.0 carto in a mini sub tank and at 3.4 it's like a 1.7 carto at 3.7 volts. I've been vaping like a lab monkey on it since this morning and still got plenty of battery. Tank full of BRM and life is good. Real good.

pwyll

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 24, 2011
Got my batteries for my Vmax today. Woulda posted earlier but couldn't type one handed. It vapes like a lot higher voltage than what it's set at. 3.0 carto in a mini sub tank and at 3.4 it's like a 1.7 carto at 3.7 volts. I've been vaping like a lab monkey on it since this morning and still got plenty of battery. Tank full of BRM and life is good. Real good.

I know, right? I'm running a Boge 2.0 on mine right now and I've been keeping it at 3.0 volts and breathing out smokescreens. It's reeeeeaaallllly good at 4.0, but I want to make the batteries last as long as possible since only one set of my 18350's will fit...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread