New KR808 Auto Batteries

Status
Not open for further replies.

mOjO_420

ECF Veteran
Nov 9, 2010
Illinois, United States
Oh... sorry... I partied a little too hard back in college. Brain no workie so good no more.

So... just to make sure I'm getting this straight.
This kit here: New Smart PCC Kit
Comes with the new-fangled batts and those are the regular size?

And this one here: KR808D-1 Style Smart PCC Kit
is the new batts or mini's or reg's?

Sorry to be such a doofus here but its really not a very descriptive listing and i'm not exactly the sharpest tool in the shed to begin with. ;-)

That $90 PCC looks like exactly what I want but $90 is an investment I won't be able to make real soon. Maybe I'll splurge. Unlike the Smart Style one the $90 one doesn't say it won't charge other 808 batts so am I to assume that it will?

analog

ECF Veteran
Feb 19, 2011
Was it something I said?
The smart pcc kit comes with one 65mm battery. It will only charge 65mm batteries as it is, but it would be really easy to make it fit a 78mm battery. The only reason it's 65 only is because of a very thin plastic "lip" that holds the battery against the connector. An xacto or razor blade would remove this lip in about 5 seconds. A spring, or spacer could be used to hold the batteries flush against the charging connector.

I only have 65mm batteries or I'd do it and post a how to.

And just because I haven't posted it yet, the smart pcc is wonderful with bloog batteries too. The nhaler battery that came with the kit is indistinguishable from my bloog batteries, meaning it's the best there is as far as I can tell.

One question for drew, the bloog's voltage is regulated so there isn't the high 4.2 V when they are freshly charged. I haven't taken the time to test yours (and don't really know how to do it with a load on it which I've read I need to). Do yours have the same voltage regulation too? Thanks!

mOjO_420

ECF Veteran
Nov 9, 2010
Illinois, United States
One question for drew, the bloog's voltage is regulated so there isn't the high 4.2 V when they are freshly charged. I haven't taken the time to test yours (and don't really know how to do it with a load on it which I've read I need to). Do yours have the same voltage regulation too? Thanks!

I was going to ask the exact same question. I'm really liking my bloog batt lately and only use the kangers when I have to. The combo of the bloog batt and his new kr808 dripper cartos is superb. I've been tempted to order more but waiting for nhaler to release their batts and that dual PCC case separately.

Drewsworld

Resting In Peace
Mar 14, 2009
New Jersey
www.nhaler.com
Today!!!! They are being counted and inventoried as we speak...I also have 6 colors of the batteries including, Red Pearl, Hot Pink Pearl,Black, White, Pearl Blue, Browm Pin Stripe...These are all rubberized paint and look exceptionally sharp...Also matching Giant Telescopic USB Passthroughs in the same Red, Blue, Black and White...Drippers in Black and SS...
I also have another little surprise, so keep an eye on this thread or check back later...Thanks
Drew

mOjO_420

ECF Veteran
Nov 9, 2010
Illinois, United States
Today!!!! They are being counted and inventoried as we speak...I also have 6 colors of the batteries including, Red Pearl, Hot Pink Pearl,Black, White, Pearl Blue, Browm Pin Stripe...These are all rubberized paint and look exceptionally sharp...Also matching Giant Telescopic USB Passthroughs in the same Red, Blue, Black and White...Drippers in Black and SS...
I also have another little surprise, so keep an eye on this thread or check back later...Thanks
Drew

WOOT! Is there a limit how many times I can hit refresh on the website. ;-)
How about a coupon code to sweeten the deal? (pushing my luck?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread