New member having troubles setting up Innokin Itaste v3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alex Hendriks

Dec 29, 2014
Hi,

I'm new to this site and I found a thread for the Itaste v3. But since I can't post it there I hope someone can help me out.

I'm using this VV/VW mod with different tanks and coils. Evod 2 and T3s are my favorites.
However when I use 6w at VW mode I get a burnt taste very fast with every tank (1.5, 1.8 and 2.2 ohms).
When I set it to VV at 3.4 the vape is ok but no throat hit. But it won't burn my coils. I thought using VW was the way to go but I can't set it lower then 6 watts. I have tried different juices but it doesn't matter. The coils will burn pretty fast using VW. Found some charts which would suggest that I could go with a 2.2 coil as high as 8w. But that will immediately burn the juice/wicks. When I put the tanks on my Evod battery I have no problems. So what am I doing wrong?

Robert Dupre

Nov 27, 2014
houma, louisiana
How long are you letting the tanks sit with a new coil before you try to vape it. If you try to soon you could be getting dry hits because the wick isnt wet enough yet or it could even be a bad batch of coils. I have went up to 15 watts on my itaste svd with my nautilus mini on a 1.8 ohm coil with no burnt taste. I also had a problem with the first couple coils for it also where i was getting burnt taste at any wattage or voltage i tried no matter how long i let it sit so the coil was bad or it just wasnt wicking properly i still dont know and havent had the issue after going through those first 4 coils.

JayWer

Dec 28, 2014
How long have you been vaping? Have you used any other VV batteries in the past?

It sounds like its an issue with your habits and the wicking material in those tanks which is only why I asked as its something you learn to deal with. I have a V3 and I really like it. I was able to set Aspire tanks to any setting without a burnt taste ( well eventually if I chained it) but I think thats because the wicking material. I prefer Kanger tanks but I always change the wicks out for strands of cotton before I even instal them. I know with Kanger tanks on this battery I had similar issues as you explain before I started changing to cotton.

Alex Hendriks

Dec 29, 2014
Well with new coils I always leave them 10-15 minutes. Then the first few hits and then I slowly try to increase the wattage. Going higher as 6.5 is always getting a burnt taste. The higher I go or the longer I press power the taste gets dirtier (off course). So I clean the coil and tank in pure alcohol and let it dry overnight. In the beginning at 3.4v everything is ok. But switching to watts it goes wrong. Tried also different set of coils.

How can some use 10 watts even though the charts recommend you can't use that on any power setting without burning?

Jockamo

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 15, 2014
Philadephia,PA,USA
The problems I was having with the kanger coils drove me to the rebuildables recently. It sounds to me like your not getting enough liquid in there. Might be good for one hit but then the next is awful. I was using the coils with the holes on the side. The slotted version was worse. I found that if poked on the silica a bit with a pin it helped.

Last edited:

H0llyw00d

Verified Member
Dec 18, 2014
GA
Well with new coils I always leave them 10-15 minutes. Then the first few hits and then I slowly try to increase the wattage. Going higher as 6.5 is always getting a burnt taste. The higher I go or the longer I press power the taste gets dirtier (off course). So I clean the coil and tank in pure alcohol and let it dry overnight. In the beginning at 3.4v everything is ok. But switching to watts it goes wrong. Tried also different set of coils.

How can some use 10 watts even though the charts recommend you can't use that on any power setting without burning?

Great question, I have wondered the same thing. I have also had the same problem. I have the iStick and just discovered last night the vv and vw is not accurate on it, which was causing me to get a terrible burnt taste all the time. Now I'm even more confused because my genitank works great now that I have adjusted for the inaccurate watts, but my genitank mega still tastes burnt with a new coil that sat overnight. I know this isn't any help but I hope someone can help both of us!

blechlit

Dec 29, 2014
Ohio
Great question, I have wondered the same thing. I have also had the same problem. I have the iStick and just discovered last night the vv and vw is not accurate on it, which was causing me to get a terrible burnt taste all the time. Now I'm even more confused because my genitank works great now that I have adjusted for the inaccurate watts, but my genitank mega still tastes burnt with a new coil that sat overnight. I know this isn't any help but I hope someone can help both of us!

The iStick hits hotter than the reading, which is probably causing your problem.

H0llyw00d

Verified Member
Dec 18, 2014
GA
The iStick hits hotter than the reading, which is probably causing your problem.

I just figured that out and have turned it down to the lowest setting possible (5w 3v) which works fine with the genitank but the genitank mega still tastes burned. Very confusing. New coil, left alone overnight.

blechlit

Dec 29, 2014
Ohio
I just figured that out and have turned it down to the lowest setting possible (5w 3v) which works fine with the genitank but the genitank mega still tastes burned. Very confusing. New coil, left alone overnight.

That is odd, the only other thing that I would think of is a juice wicking/airflow problem - sorry I can't be of more help.

raitizz

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 11, 2014
Riga, Latvia
Hey Alex. So, If I understand correctly, you use the upgraded kanger coils with 4 holes, not 2 long holes? If so, good. These work better for most. They are quite capable, my GF runs em in an Aerotank V2 on around 11-13 w. I have used em too. I had a few problems, but some trial and error sessions led to a fair quality vape. Coil prep, primer puffs as always, and knowing your voltage and wattage.
What mod are you using?
Is the ego connector detachable? They sometimes are pure crap.
Edit. Just read its an itaste v3. Those tend to work fine. Check what Ebates said. And coil prep always.
R

Last edited:

raitizz

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 11, 2014
Riga, Latvia
Hey Alex. So, If I understand correctly, you use the upgraded kanger coils with 4 holes, not 2 long holes? If so, good. These work better for most. They are quite capable, my GF runs em in an Aerotank V2 on around 11-13 w. I have used em too. I had a few problems, but some trial and error sessions led to a fair quality vape. Coil prep, primer puffs as always, and knowing your voltage and wattage.
What mod are you using?
Edit. Just read its an itaste v3. Those tend to work fine. Check what Ebates said. And coil prep always.
R

Alex Hendriks

Dec 29, 2014
What mod are you using?
R

Jockamo; I will try that. But I think I have tried that already.

EBates: my mod shows the resistance is 2.3 ohms. So that's pretty accurate for 2.2 ohms. According to the table I should be able to increase power to about 8w.

Yes I have also those Kanger coils with 4 holes. They are 1.8 ohms. How can you go up to 13w without burning it? The chart suggests not go higher as around 7.61w. If I understand prime puffs correct those are just dry puffs without the power button correct?

Last edited:

raitizz

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 11, 2014
Riga, Latvia
Yes I have also those Kanger coils with 4 holes. They are 1.8 ohms. How can you go up to 13w without burning it? The chart suggests not go higher as around 7.61w. If I understand prime puffs correct those are just dry puffs without the power button correct?

She mainly uses 50/50 juice. And I .. that may be not a good advice ....did not look much on the table. I just experimented. And it works.
Yes, these are the primer puffs. Cover one or both arhole on your tank. Look for bubbles in the tank, that means juice is soaking the coil wick. Start on low watts, work up.

R

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread