Status
Not open for further replies.

SkyFallHate

Jun 2, 2019
Hello guys,

New here.

I have a problem with my mod. I have the smok I-PRIV kit and today after checking the batteries and turning on my device it says "Check Device". I have checked everything and I can't get it to work.

Any help will be appreciated. I have searched everywhere but I couldn't find a soulution

Thank you.

Attachments

• 453d44ed-d9c5-4ffd-9da8-df7662322fda.jpg
    453d44ed-d9c5-4ffd-9da8-df7662322fda.jpg
    117.5 KB · Views: 108

Izan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2012
Mallorca, Spain
Yes. The same thing. I am getting check device when it's plugged in via USB to my laptop. Without it plugged in it won't turn on
Hi and welcome,
What batteries are you using? Are you using an 18650 or 2X700? Please provide more than the mAh rating and 3.7V.

What is the condition of the batteries? Do you have a way to check the voltage of the batteries?
Did you charge the batteries via an external charger?
How many married sets of batteries do you have for your device?

Do you have a back up device to use to prevent you from returning to cigarettes?

How old is the device and did you buy it from a physical store or on-line?

Cheers
I

TrollDragon

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2014
NS, Canada
Yes. The same thing. I am getting check device when it's plugged in via USB to my laptop. Without it plugged in it won't turn on
There is a problem with the batteries, battery door or contacts inside the mod... If it only turns on when plugged into USB, one of your batteries is not making proper contact.

The Check Device error shows when there is a problem with the mod getting proper power.

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
There is a problem with the batteries, battery door or contacts inside the mod... If it only turns on when plugged into USB, one of your batteries is not making proper contact.

The Check Device error shows when there is a problem with the mod getting proper power.
I'm so proud of you!:D

SkyFallHate

Jun 2, 2019
Hi and welcome,
What batteries are you using? Are you using an 18650 or 2X700? Please provide more than the mAh rating and 3.7V.

What is the condition of the batteries? Do you have a way to check the voltage of the batteries?
Did you charge the batteries via an external charger?
How many married sets of batteries do you have for your device?

Do you have a back up device to use to prevent you from returning to cigarettes?

How old is the device and did you buy it from a physical store or on-line?

Cheers
I

What is the condition of the batteries? Batteries were bought with the mod around 7-8 months ago
Do you have a way to check the voltage of the batteries? I don't think I can
Did you charge the batteries via an external charger? Yes, always. Using NiteCore i4
How many married sets of batteries do you have for your device? I have 2 pairs (18650 ). The mod comes with an adapter to properly fit the batteries
Do you have a back up device to use to prevent you from returning to cigarettes? Yes

Reactions: stols001

SkyFallHate

Jun 2, 2019
I concur with I ^^^^^^^^^^^ and Shadav ^^^^^^^^^^

Do you have another device to try with your batteries as I alluded to?

Just a thought ... but have you tried another known good USB cable?

The batteries are working just fine in another mod.

Btw thanks to everyone trying to help me. I am a noob with this stuff still learning sorry if my responses are not super detailed

ShowMeTwice

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 28, 2016
The Forest
Curious, have you tried cleaning the battery contacts inside the mod as TrollDragon suggested?

There are four of them inside your mod where your batteries go. Try cleaning those, use can use a q-tip or cotton swab and some rubbing alcohol or paper towel. Then try it again.

See pic .. see the four battery contacts .. clean those.
Smok I-Priv 5-600x600.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread