New Mod Please help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

BADxSANTA

Aug 26, 2010
cambridge,uk
have been back smoking for about a year :-(
was using a SB with LR 510

What I really want is a device that is tough, good battery life, not too big (sb was too big), i like quite a thumping hit, and something that has a nice button you know that you can just feel that you have pushed it.
Am I asking too much and price isn't an issue I would rather spend the cash for something that just works.

I appreciate your feedback
Adam

Nomoreash

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 9, 2010
Chattanooga, TN
Out of your above list I would recommend the Provari because it's the only VV listed and to me VV is a must, just makes life much easier with not having to be concerned with matching attys to the battery your using to get the correct vape, just adjust accordingly and your there, plus it's regulated so the vape will stay consistent through the battery charge cycle.

I'd also recommend the Buzz Pro or Infinity Pro. They don't have the bells and whistles of the Provari but they meet your said requirements for less money.

Goldenkobold

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 23, 2010
Florida
have been back smoking for about a year :-(
was using a SB with LR 510

What I really want is a device that is tough, good battery life, not too big (sb was too big), i like quite a thumping hit, and something that has a nice button you know that you can just feel that you have pushed it.
Am I asking too much and price isn't an issue I would rather spend the cash for something that just works.

I appreciate your feedback
Adam

The Prodigy and Precise are going to hit like the SB, if that's good or bad is up to you. There both smaller than a SB and both as tough as you can get.

The Provari is smaller than a SB and can go up and give you a stronger hit, Battery life will not be as good as a SB though (with with the 18650 extension if you vape at higher voltage its going to drain the battery faster). I don't know if you would call the provari button a big clicky button though. You can occasionally find one in the classified if you look.

Nomoreash

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 9, 2010
Chattanooga, TN
hmm I am going to have to think about it, by the way how big is the provari?
and also it looks a bit cheap, is it?

Cheers again
Adam

The Provari measures 4.1" L x 0.90" D with the standard end cap and the extended end cap for using a 18650 battery adds 0.50" to the length. I don't get where it looks cheap but to each his/her own. It's a well built durable mod.

kpms0n

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 2, 2011
Honolulu, Hi
considering u want something that hits hard. i'd say the provari is best suited for you. you could definitely use a regulated 5v mod like the GLV2 but you'll have to adjust your stash of cartos/attys to be used for the fixed voltage. it'll be so much easier to be able to adjust the voltage to your current stash and any future carts/attys that you want to try but can't due to the voltage restriction. plus, having a VV would be a good way to know for sure where in the voltages and ohms you actually enjoy vaping. the Provari does have a cut off though. at 2.5 amps (i'm not sure), the PV cuts off and wont let u use it since it's protection feature kicks in but i dont think that would affect you much. Also, if you are not satisfied with the provari, you could always put it up on the classifieds and it'll for sure sell quick.

BOREMAN

ECF Veteran
Aug 1, 2009
RVing the USA
I have had my Provari now for a week. I have vaped for over 2 years. The Provari is by far the "BEST" I have ever used, and I have tried and owned many. The Provari is very versatile. You can reach that vape nirvana instantly with a few clicks of the button. The Provari is built solid (not cheap by any means). Comes with a 12 month guarantee, with an optional xtra 12 month warranty you can purchase. Customer service is beyond reproach. I LOVE MY PROVARI ! ! ! ! ! I also have a SB, Omega, Reo Mini, eGos, Alpha, kr808s, etc. They are all sitting in the drawer now. The Provari is the only one I use, constantly. It is great with a tank on it (vaporescence, DCT Map, etc.). The 18650/2500 mah batts with a 5ml tank lasts me all day with consistant hits every time. Have I said I LOVE MY PROVARI?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

orachel

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 2, 2010
Mesa, Arizona...USA
Look at warranties too get something with a lifetime warranty.I think Precise,GGTS,and other have it.

GLV offers the lifetime warranty as well. Here's the site. I'm hunting for my first mod, also. I reeeehehaaaly love the looks of the GLV units. Plus, they're supposedly powerhouses w lifetime warranty. Were I you and price wasn't that big of an object, I'd check out the GLV3, for sure. I'm looking at GLV2, but it has less bells and whistles. They are NOT variable voltage, however. Just available in 5v or 3.7v, i think. But I've just been informed that since it self regulates/adjusts output to just about any type of carto/atty you put on it, that its actually more accurate to call it an 11 watt mod. Lots of people who love em say they prefer their GLV's over their provari, but it really is different since its not VV. The only negative I've heard about them is that they run a little hot (ie intense) for people who prefer a slightly lower voltage. But geez, in terms of sleekness and awesome button and general sturdiness, it looks unparalleled to me. And if you want something that REALLY hits, here's a guy who's tried a ton of mods talking about his...says it hits twice as hard as anything else he's tried. Plus they really are the perfect size, imo. You'll see that in the link with the colors/etching options, as he's holding them.
http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/greatlakesvapor/235843-wow-glv2.html

Here's site. Glv3 has an optional juice feeder. You can use it or leave it off...theres a ton of video reviews on the site.
GLV Electronic Cigarettes : Electronic Cigarettes and E-Liquid - Great Lakes Vapor
and here's what the GLV2 units look like. GLV3 is similar, i believe, if you leave off juice feeder...
http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/greatlakesvapor/100824-glv-colors-custom-etching.html
And the Great Lakes Vapor forum here has loads of info on em.

I think what I'm going to do is buy a super cheap boxmod from madvapes at $35. I don't like the looks of the boxmods, but it'll give me the chance to figure out (since VV is new to me as well) if I really like the ability to adjust the voltage, or if I'm really happiest vaping around the 5v mark. If I like the VV, I'll probably look at a lava tube or buzzpro (provari or darwin.. darwin actually sounds more my style...is way out of my price range). If I'm happy at the 5V mark, I'm gonna jump right over to Great lakes vapor and grab a glv2!

Good luck, and I'd love to know what you end up with! This 'hunt' would be a lot more fun for me if I could afford anything I wanted, so sounds like you're gonna have a blast! ;)

BTW, you can use any cartos/attys you want with the GLV2... it doesn't behave like a normal '5v' mod that way. here's this article w attached demonstration...
http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...lv2-atty-compatibility-consistent-output.html

Last edited:

Jiggity-J

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 4, 2010
Long Beach, Ca
If you can afford it, the Provari would be my pick. It is TOP quality and very solid. You can tell they put 100% effort into the design and actually looks more expensive than it really is( the black/chrome one at least). Put a tank on it and there really isn't much else you can ask for in this current stage of the vaping world.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread