New & nervous

Status
Not open for further replies.

Davs

Apr 26, 2017
Lewiston, Idaho
Hi,

New here, first post. I've been smoking cigs for 20years. I'm waiting for my Kangertech subvod starter kit to arrive in the mail. I'm nervous about how this is going to go as I am highly addicted, both physically and psychologically to smoking ciggerettes. I love smoking, except lately I feel like a total loser about half way through my cig. I'm convinced that I'm invested in all aspects of smoking, the inhale, the hand to mouth, and the stepping outside or removing myself to have a "break." So I feel like, *if* I'm going to give up cigarettes, vaping may be the only way as I will still get to do a few of those things.

I'm concerned about the site I ordered the vapes from tho. It's called fast tech, and the vaperizers (I ordered two) *one for me & my bf, are shipping from Singapore. My bf is convinced I ordered counterfeits and that the batteries won't last. The price was so good tho, that I talked myself into gambling. I'm on a fixed income (one huge reason I'm hoping to switch to vaping) and I would not have been able to afford all the things I need to get started vaping in one purchase.

Does anyone have personal experience ordering from that site, and also, did anyone here successfully quit smoking by switching to vaping? I'd appreciate any tips or advice on things I can do or that might help in my success in transitioning. Thanks, Sarah

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2010
between here and there
Hello and welcome to ecf.

Yes, everyone here(almost) has successfully transitioned to ecigs. Some members are using both, while making the switch.

We all find the exact addiction you are describing in your post. Since smoking encompasses so many aspects of our lives, it makes it one of the hardest habits to break. And with ecigs, the only real thing you are giving up is all the tar and cancer causing chemicals that are in them.

Tell us what all you ordered from Fasttech? Anything besides the Kangertech subvods? A lot of members use that site all the time, but be prepared for a long wait until you receive these items, especially if internal batteries are in them. The powers that be have determined that batteries are too dangerous to fly except by their rules.

I would advise to watch a lot of You tube videos on your particular items to learn how to use them. You can google by asking how to xxxxxx and some should pop up.

Until then, if you have questions, feel free to ask. Usually someone is here 24/7/354.

:)

Last edited:
Reactions: Opinionated

batteredwombat

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 18, 2015
My addiction now is building mods, coils, and making my own juice. If you like to hyper focus on stuff, vaping is a good choice. I have never ordered a battery device from fasttech but a lot of other stuff. Takes about 3 weeks and doubt it is flying from singapore as it is illegal. Usually from china. If you like all the aspects of smoking, they will transfer just fine to vaping as it did for me! Stick with it, for the first weeks might be rough but once over the bump its all gravy!

Tonee N

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 24, 2017
Nevada
Welcome Davs to your new life! All the help you need is on ECF, if you have any questions you have an entire world of people here to help you.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

906c1cfb0c85a1c84a2280ddce71d4d7.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

Steamix

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 21, 2013
Vapistan
Hiya,

Fasttech are only fast when you paying extra for faster shipping.
Else it's registered airmail which can take from a while to a looong while ( especially with batteries ).
When shopping there, 'authentic' is the keyword:
Means it's the real thing. If it doesn't say 'authentic' , it's a clone.
Not necessarily a bad thing.

Got almost all my hardware from them, including a Subvod, no issues, all good :)

Enjoy your journey towards a smoke-free or smoke-reduced life :)

tazzle

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 5, 2014
Athens, Greece
Does anyone have personal experience ordering from that site, and also, did anyone here successfully quit smoking by switching to vaping? I'd appreciate any tips or advice on things I can do or that might help in my success in transitioning. Thanks, Sarah

Many of us order from Fasttech! They are reliable, but shipping is slow. Items that are advertised as "Authentic" on Fasttech are the real deal, and if it's a copy or clone, it will say "styled"; so "Authentic Acme Jet Propelled Pogo Stick" will be the actual Acme product, while "Acme Styled Jet Propelled Pogo Stick" will be a jet propelled pogo stick designed to be like the original Acme product.

And almost everyone here quit smoking via vaping, so you've come to the right place! Welcome!

Davs

Apr 26, 2017
Lewiston, Idaho
Hello and welcome to ecf.

Yes, everyone here(almost) has successfully transitioned to ecigs. Some members are using both, while making the switch.

We all find the exact addiction you are describing in your post. Since smoking encompasses so many aspects of our lives, it makes it one of the hardest habits to break. And with ecigs, the only real thing you are giving up is all the tar and cancer causing chemicals that are in them.

Tell us what all you ordered from Fasttech? Anything besides the Kangertech subvods? A lot of members use that site all the time, but be prepared for a long wait until you receive these items, especially if internal batteries are in them. The powers that be have determined that batteries are too dangerous to fly except by their rules.

I would advise to watch a lot of You tube videos on your particular items to learn how to use them. You can google by asking how to xxxxxx and some should pop up.

Until then, if you have questions, feel free to ask. Usually someone is here 24/7/354.

:)
Hi, Thanks for responding. :) I ordered a Kangertech subvod starter kit, and some dekang tobacco flavored e-juice. I did a lot of reading before I chose that specific device, including watching some YouTube videos, but I know I have tons more to learn, and probably even rewatch some of the vids, just cuz I'm nit the best at absorbing information.

Davs

Apr 26, 2017
Lewiston, Idaho
Hiya,

Fasttech are only fast when you paying extra for faster shipping.
Else it's registered airmail which can take from a while to a looong while ( especially with batteries ).
When shopping there, 'authentic' is the keyword:
Means it's the real thing. If it doesn't say 'authentic' , it's a clone.
Not necessarily a bad thing.

Got almost all my hardware from them, including a Subvod, no issues, all good :)

Enjoy your journey towards a smoke-free or smoke-reduced life :)
Awesome! I did order an authentic Kangertech than. I'm relieved. And I can totally wait for the order. Free shipping is worth the wait, imho. :)

Bunnykiller

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 17, 2013
New Orleans La.
on transitioning... dont expect to simply swap one for the other ( ciggies for vaping) vaping is different from smoking, its a different feel and "buzz", vape when you can, expect the ciggie cravings to continue for a while. When the craving hits hard, have the ciggie ( smoke it slow and about 1/2 of it put it out and do some vape). Vaping supplies nic, flavor, and some "texture"... ciggies are loaded to the gills with all sorts of other "goodies" that the body desires... it takes a while to get over the loss of the "goodies" we so desire... give it time and make it your main goal... :)

Davs

Apr 26, 2017
Lewiston, Idaho
My addiction now is building mods, coils, and making my own juice. If you like to hyper focus on stuff, vaping is a good choice. I have never ordered a battery device from fasttech but a lot of other stuff. Takes about 3 weeks and doubt it is flying from singapore as it is illegal. Usually from china. If you like all the aspects of smoking, they will transfer just fine to vaping as it did for me! Stick with it, for the first weeks might be rough but once over the bump its all gravy!
Yes, I am hoping to learn how to make my own coils and e juice after I get the hang of it. Can I ask you, do you I hail a vape different than a real cig? I read something here in this forum about that and it was hard to wrap my head around bringing the "mist" into my mouth before inhaling it into my throats rather than just a straight hit like when smoking cigs. I even attempted to inhale my cig smoke in the way it was explained, not sure if I fully grasp the concept.God, I hope I don't sound stupid!

Davs

Apr 26, 2017
Lewiston, Idaho
on transitioning... dont expect to simply swap one for the other ( ciggies for vaping) vaping is different from smoking, its a different feel and "buzz", vape when you can, expect the ciggie cravings to continue for a while. When the craving hits hard, have the ciggie ( smoke it slow and about 1/2 of it put it out and do some vape). Vaping supplies nic, flavor, and some "texture"... ciggies are loaded to the gills with all sorts of other "goodies" that the body desires... it takes a while to get over the loss of the "goodies" we so desire... give it time and make it your main goal... :)
Good advice. Yeah, right now I smoke about a pack a day, was thinking I might try to a lot myself a small amount of cigs a day, and slowly eliminate one until I am only vaping. But yeah, I also asked someone else, but I read that i should be inhaling a vape different than a cig, is that right? Can you maybe explain this to me? I didn't quite understand what I read.

Reactions: Opinionated

Davs

Apr 26, 2017
Lewiston, Idaho
shipping from FT is quick when its in stock. Its the delay in US Customs that can be irksome.
I used to ship art worldwide so I was expecting the shipping to take a while. The free shipping tho. I would be less patient if I were paying full price + shipping.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread