The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

New & nervous

Discussion in 'New Members Forum' started by Davs, Apr 26, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Continuity

Continuity Super Member ECF Veteran

Apr 19, 2015
    Manchester, UK
    I got my order from Fasttech here in the UK the other day, and it set a new personal record - 4 days in transit from China using the ePacket service - it was only $0.90 extra, as well.

The order had no batteries or juice in it - it was mainly replacement glass, O-rings and screws for some of my RTAs and a couple of pocket fidget gadgets for the missus.

Oh, and an Origen OT22 clone with 5 extra spare glass tanks - it's a great MTL/flavour RTA - I'm really loving it!

I think I like it almost as much as my beloved Taifun GT2! :D

2. theday1smine

theday1smine Full Member Verified Member

Apr 11, 2017
    CA
    Hey. Im new here too!
    Congrats on giving it a try!
    I've been vaping for 5 years now and have never looked back.

To me—back when I originally started vaping—the biggest hurdle to get over was getting the e-cigarette to give me the same throat hit as a normal cigarette. Until that e-cig had a throat hit I was craving me some smokes.

Back then I remember discussing this with my friend.
    He said something along the lines of,"It's because you're a smoker".
    He was absolutely right. I would still technically call myself a smoker, even though in five years I haven't smoked a cigarette. To me, it's all about emulating a real cigarette.

In the throat hit department:
    I've found that the juices that had a PG/VG ratio of Pg50%/vg50% to be the sweet spot in the throat hit department—for me at least. That in conjunction with a nic. level of 20-24-mg.

Many would say those are high nic levels...but...it worked.

In the beginning—transferring from cigs to e-cigs—you want to do a full on blitz attack whereby you subject yourself to the full spectrum of vaping has to offer.

The only other thing I would suggest is that if you find that you like it immediately invest in a good power source — some type of good mod that you can use all day.

To summarize: throat hit, throat hit, throat hit! LOL

3. Maestro

Maestro Super Member ECF Veteran

Feb 19, 2012
    Windsor, Ontario
    24mg is way too much for a .5 ohm coil for most people. You're going to be disappointed with your kit based on that because it's going to be so harsh on your throat. Make sure you try juice with less nicotine before deciding you don't like vaping. 6mg would be a good place to start.

4. Skold

Skold Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Jan 24, 2016
    Maestro is right most people use 3mg-6mg with a sub ohm tank, I have gone as high as 12mg but even that's rare with most people doing direct lung/sub ohm hits. Definitely start at 6mg & go up if you need too

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.