Status
Not open for further replies.

Txaggiesaunt

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 16, 2013
Texas
I would find some ejuice locally or order from a few places in the US. I myself wouldn't vape juice from China not knowing what they allow in it. Also try all different kinds till you find something you like. I've been vaping over 4 yrs now and still do tobacco flavored daily, especially if having a drink.

Pamawoman

Too Blessed To Stress
ECF Veteran
Jul 14, 2012
Orlando
I don't know if anyone has said this already, but you should find a local shop to test some ejuice flavors. I went through so much money on juice until I finally figured out that I prefer desert flavors. I don't know about the laws in Idaho but here they will let you test vape a juice before you buy it. Plus it will give you a little more into the how to's of vaping.

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
Hi,

New here, first post. I've been smoking cigs for 20years. I'm waiting for my Kangertech subvod starter kit to arrive in the mail. I'm nervous about how this is going to go as I am highly addicted, both physically and psychologically to smoking ciggerettes. I love smoking, except lately I feel like a total loser about half way through my cig. I'm convinced that I'm invested in all aspects of smoking, the inhale, the hand to mouth, and the stepping outside or removing myself to have a "break." So I feel like, *if* I'm going to give up cigarettes, vaping may be the only way as I will still get to do a few of those things.
I'm concerned about the site I ordered the vapes from tho. It's called fast tech, and the vaperizers (I ordered two) *one for me & my bf, are shipping from Singapore. My bf is convinced I ordered counterfeits and that the batteries won't last. The price was so good tho, that I talked myself into gambling. I'm on a fixed income (one huge reason I'm hoping to switch to vaping) and I would not have been able to afford all the things I need to get started vaping in one purchase.
Does anyone have personal experience ordering from that site, and also, did anyone here successfully quit smoking by switching to vaping? I'd appreciate any tips or advice on things I can do or that might help in my success in transitioning. Thanks, Sarah
Welcome and glad you joined. Should be ok with FT, very popular vape supply site.
You made the right choice as to quitting smoking, you will be shocked on how much better you will start to feel.
Could read:
VapeWild Test Results
http://info-electronic-cigarette.com/the-truth-about-second-hand-vapor/
Are Electronic Cigarettes Safe?
Search
http://www.thevaperstable.com/medical/
A list of symptoms when quitting tobacco and changing to an ecigarette
Health, Safety and Vaping

Davs

Apr 26, 2017
Lewiston, Idaho
I'm thinking on replacement coils for her, she will probably like the NiCr 1.5 ohm to start out..

Does this kit give her two coils to start out with? One .5 ohm and one 1.5? I'm not seeing any mention of that...
I did order a 5 set of .5 replacement coils on eBay, but my bf told me we might want to try 1.5 coils next, can't remember why.

Davs

Apr 26, 2017
Lewiston, Idaho
Welcome! Be sure to let us know when you get your unit and try it for the first time. We are all here for you and will do all we can to make this a successful transition for you. I never thought I would be able to stop smoking, and so grateful for vaping. You can do this! :)
Thank you. :) I will check back when I get started. The more I read about all the different things to learn about vaping the more excited I become. :)

Davs

Apr 26, 2017
Lewiston, Idaho
Over 5 years cigarette free thanks to vaping. I was nervous as well...the sheer thought of being without my "ball and chain" would send me into panic mode.

I was addicted to the taste, the social aspect of hanging out with friends that smoked and at how I knew that it would help me relax if I was having a rough day. The thing is, in the back of my mind, I wanted to quit; I NEEDED to quit, and every cigarette was a slap in my face.

One day, when buying my usual pack of Parliament Lights (that I was able to transition to from Marlboro reds and ick menthol) my friend at the shop showed me a cigalike and how it was helping him to curb hos cravings. I didn't believe it, but figured I'd give it a shot. Much to my astonishment, after a couple bouts of hacking my lungs out, I realized it was working! I still craved the smoke, but it was genuinely curbing that craving!

I vaped and smoked for about 3 months, and one of the best feelings was realizing a pack was lasting longer and longer, just before I realized I didn't need those stinkies anymore, and I was finally able to break free from those chains that bound me...I hope your transition goes as smoothly :)

FYI: Fasttech's nickname is Slowtech for a reason lol. I've dealt with them before, and if something says authentic and not style/styled or clone, it's the real deal.
That's awesome! Yeah, I'm definitely scared of not smoking, but I hate being a smoker. So many little things I'm afraid of giving up with cigs, which is why I'm really going to give vaping a good go. Would love to not smell like cigs anymore too! Congratulations, btw :)

Davs

Apr 26, 2017
Lewiston, Idaho
Yeah, I don't think you will find yourself liking tobacco flavored juice. Myself and many others, have found that we end up preferring flavors that are not tobacco based (I'm more into fruit flavored juices). I have all the supplies needed to DIY, but I still find myself buying juice since it is just so convenient. There are a ton of really cheap juice places online. Two of my favorites are Beyond the Bottlez (they regularly offer coupon codes where you can get 120 ml bottles of juice for $5, and if you order 4 or 5 bottles of juice, you get free shipping) and Tomorrow Vapes (they sell 120 ml bottles for $10 and first time customers get 20 percent off, while repeating customers can get 15 percent off). Tomorrow Vapes also have a huge selection of flavors.
Thanks for the heads up! I'm going to need to remember that!

dyanaprajna

ECF Veteran
Feb 6, 2017
Indiana
20 year smoker, pack to a pack and a half a day. I started on a Blu e-cig for a week, then got a Subvod. It worked amazingly well to help quit smoking. So you're getting a good mod-if it is authentic. But Fasttech generally has good products, even if you do end up getting a clone. But congrats on taking the first step to a healthier life.

Davs

Apr 26, 2017
Lewiston, Idaho
I was a pack a day smoker for over 30 years, and quit smoking the day I started vaping. I haven't had a cigarette for almost 27 months now. The biggest thing that vaping does is it totally replicates the sensation of smoking, which is something that Chantix, gum, patches, and lozenges doesn't do. The first couple of weeks, whenever I got the craving to smoke, I just vaped until the craving went away. The first couple of days, I would actually get nic sick from the nicotine (not really that bad, just a little upset stomach, maybe a little light headedness). Your body will tell you if you got too much nicotine and no, you will never get too much nicotine to the point of overdosing. The important thing is finding the right nicotine level for you to satisfy the cravings.
Awesome, congrats! I buy cigs a carton at a time, so I was thinking when the vape arrives, I'm going to allot myself 5 cigs a day of whatever's left of the carton until they're gone and planning on spending my cig money on something else real quick so I don't even have the option to buy them again, until I know it's not going to be an issue. :)

Davs

Apr 26, 2017
Lewiston, Idaho
Also, I smoked for almost 2 years before I got into vaping. A pack up to a pack and a half a day. I was addicted to smoking myself. Not just the nicotine. I've found that when I use the right nicotine level, I can't stand the thought of a cigarette. But when I try to lower the nic level I use, I may have a few cigarettes a week or if I am highly stressed. But for the most part, I don't smoke anymore
That is awesome! Yeah, i'm def into cigs for more than just nicotine, I tried to use a nicotine patch some months ago, and still smoked cigs. I think I will like vaping because it has a lot of the things I like about smoking in it. :)

Davs

Apr 26, 2017
Lewiston, Idaho
Haha, I'm not either! It's unfortunate for me because I don't have Internet at my house and normally if I'm not home I am at school where I can't vape or I am with someone who can help me with just about any issues I have. The only info I really know is hit the button, how to change coils, and if I want temp control or what watts/joules level I want. You should be perfectly fine between ECF and YouTube
I'm desperately trying to get my bf into cpthis so he can teach me! He's really good at absorbing lots of info and breaking it down for me in a way that I can understand. :)

Davs

Apr 26, 2017
Lewiston, Idaho
Welcome to the vape fam!

I popped a look at the kit you ordered and it's a good one. I think you'll really like those coils, there's a few variations available to adjust the vape style if needed. The .5ohm ones are the popular Direct to Lung coils, the 1.8ohm are for Mouth to Lung. I used to describe the difference as breathing through a slurpee straw (DTL) or breathing through a coffee straw (MTL).

It does take some getting used to, but after a week or so, you'll find yourself reaching for the vape instead of the cigarettes. Nowadays, I'm not addicted to the smokes, but I have definately acquired a new disease called shinyitis, an affliction where you compulsively collect the new shiny devices, not because you need them but because they're new and shiny.

I'm East Coast and tend to receive my FastTech orders within 8 days or so, but things with built in batteries take a bit longer in shipping due to restrictions so you're probably looking at about 3 weeks or so.

And like everyone said, if you have questions, post! Somebody's usually available and willing to help.

Also, for juice/liquid, online is typically cheaper than store. There's been a lot of good recommendations so far so I'd just like to add one more. Vapewild (dot)com is a good site with a large selection and sample packs of 6x 10ml flavors for $17. Plus they send freebies with every order. My first order with them, I ended up liking 3 of 6 I selected and loving the two freebies they sent.
Ok, to me, it seems like I'm going to want BTL at first, just cuz I *think* a friend's vape that I tried was probably a MTL and I felt like I was inhailing nothing. I'm kind of think MTV, is more the feeling of inhailing a real cig?? I got some .5 replacement coils.

Also, thx for the juice recommendation. :)

Reactions: Opinionated

Frenchfry1942

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 12, 2014
Welcome to ECF @Davs, it is here, for me anyway. I really got tired of all the baggage, like smell and health, that came with smoking. I talked myself into an attitude about it. Just kept thinking of why cigs were messing my life up. My result is said in the first line of my Sig block below.

Get an attitude. No Mercy!

;)

Davs

Apr 26, 2017
Lewiston, Idaho
Welcome and glad you joined. Should be ok with FT, very popular vape supply site.
You made the right choice as to quitting smoking, you will be shocked on how much better you will start to feel.
Could read:
VapeWild Test Results
http://info-electronic-cigarette.com/the-truth-about-second-hand-vapor/
Are Electronic Cigarettes Safe?
Search
http://www.thevaperstable.com/medical/
A list of symptoms when quitting tobacco and changing to an ecigarette
Health, Safety and Vaping
Thanks for the links. :)

Reactions: BrotherBob

jseah

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 16, 2015
Hudson Valley, NY, USA
Ok, to me, it seems like I'm going to want BTL at first, just cuz I *think* a friend's vape that I tried was probably a MTL and I felt like I was inhailing nothing. I'm kind of think MTV, is more the feeling of inhailing a real cig?? I got some .5 replacement coils.

Also, thx for the juice recommendation. :)
When I started, I spent waaaaaaayyyyy more than I needed to. Just kept buying different mods and different tanks. It's always nice getting new toys. A couple of comments....if you are using 0.5 ohm coils, you are 'subohming', which means you are using coils below 1.0 ohms. Basically, using a lower ohm (resistance) coil generally means that you have to vape at a higher wattage, and you will get much more vapor production. Along with this, it also means that you can using lower nicotine level juice. When I used Nautilus tanks and was using 1.6 ohm coils and vaping MTL, I was vaping 12 mg juice. When I started subohming and using (at the time) the Subtank Mini with 0.5 ohm coils, I had to go down to 6 mg juice because the higher nicotine content of the 12 mg juice was too rough on my throat. That and with the higher wattage and more vapor production, I started doing direct to lung inhales. Now all I ever do is DTL inhales and use subohm coils, and I'm down to 3 mg juice.

Oh, and subohming will also use more juice as well, since it vaporizes the juice quicker and you are using lower nicotine levels. Back with the Nautilus tanks and plus-ohm coils and 12 mg juice, I would go through may 4-6 ml of juice a day. Now with subohm coils and tanks and 3 mg juice, I easily go through 30 ml of juice a day.

Davs

Apr 26, 2017
Lewiston, Idaho
When I started, I spent waaaaaaayyyyy more than I needed to. Just kept buying different mods and different tanks. It's always nice getting new toys. A couple of comments....if you are using 0.5 ohm coils, you are 'subohming', which means you are using coils below 1.0 ohms. Basically, using a lower ohm (resistance) coil generally means that you have to vape at a higher wattage, and you will get much more vapor production. Along with this, it also means that you can using lower nicotine level juice. When I used Nautilus tanks and was using 1.6 ohm coils and vaping MTL, I was vaping 12 mg juice. When I started subohming and using (at the time) the Subtank Mini with 0.5 ohm coils, I had to go down to 6 mg juice because the higher nicotine content of the 12 mg juice was too rough on my throat. That and with the higher wattage and more vapor production, I started doing direct to lung inhales. Now all I ever do is DTL inhales and use subohm coils, and I'm down to 3 mg juice.

Oh, and subohming will also use more juice as well, since it vaporizes the juice quicker and you are using lower nicotine levels. Back with the Nautilus tanks and plus-ohm coils and 12 mg juice, I would go through may 4-6 ml of juice a day. Now with subohm coils and tanks and 3 mg juice, I easily go through 30 ml of juice a day.
Thank you so much for explaining this to me! I was reading a bit about nicotine and vaping earlier, but nothing about subohming, and 1.0 coils vs below 1.0. I ordered 5 .5 coils for my tank, because I think that was the coil that comes with the starter kit, or was suggested, but I didn't have any clue as to what that meant. I also order a juice with a 24mg nicotine content. D: so now I'll know if the vape hits too hard on my throat, to find a juice with lower nicotine. Also, was reading about kind of accidentally overdoing nicotine intake when vaping, especially at first, and what kind of affects that might have. I didn't think about that at all. Kinda worried about the juice I ordered now. Is it at all possible for me to order a nicotine free juice and mix it with my high nicotine content juice? I really don't like the idea of it going to waste.

Tonee N

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 24, 2017
Nevada
Thank you so much for explaining this to me! I was reading a bit about nicotine and vaping earlier, but nothing about subohming, and 1.0 coils vs below 1.0. I ordered 5 .5 coils for my tank, because I think that was the coil that comes with the starter kit, or was suggested, but I didn't have any clue as to what that meant. I also order a juice with a 24mg nicotine content. D: so now I'll know if the vape hits too hard on my throat, to find a juice with lower nicotine. Also, was reading about kind of accidentally overdoing nicotine intake when vaping, especially at first, and what kind of affects that might have. I didn't think about that at all. Kinda worried about the juice I ordered now. Is it at all possible for me to order a nicotine free juice and mix it with my high nicotine content juice? I really don't like the idea of it going to waste.
You can also thin down your juice if it's too strong by either getting that flavor in a 0 nic or buy some plain VG or PG. I tried the gum but I kept burning my lips when I tried to light it.[emoji3]

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

Canadian_Vaper

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 30, 2015
ON. Canada
Hi,

New here, first post. I've been smoking cigs for 20years. I'm waiting for my Kangertech subvod starter kit to arrive in the mail. I'm nervous about how this is going to go as I am highly addicted, both physically and psychologically to smoking ciggerettes. I love smoking, except lately I feel like a total loser about half way through my cig. I'm convinced that I'm invested in all aspects of smoking, the inhale, the hand to mouth, and the stepping outside or removing myself to have a "break." So I feel like, *if* I'm going to give up cigarettes, vaping may be the only way as I will still get to do a few of those things.

I'm concerned about the site I ordered the vapes from tho. It's called fast tech, and the vaperizers (I ordered two) *one for me & my bf, are shipping from Singapore. My bf is convinced I ordered counterfeits and that the batteries won't last. The price was so good tho, that I talked myself into gambling. I'm on a fixed income (one huge reason I'm hoping to switch to vaping) and I would not have been able to afford all the things I need to get started vaping in one purchase.

Does anyone have personal experience ordering from that site, and also, did anyone here successfully quit smoking by switching to vaping? I'd appreciate any tips or advice on things I can do or that might help in my success in transitioning. Thanks, Sarah
Welcome to ECF!

Your story sounds almost exactly the same as mine, I smoked 22 years myself, tried everything to quit but couldn't, I came to the realization that I love smoking or well as it turn out nicotine, I also have a bit of anxiety and used smoking as a way to get out of situation quite often, anyways as for fasttech, I have been using them for 2 years now without issue, I had one item arrive broken, I sent them a picture of it and they sent out another, anyways if the item is listed as "Authentic" it's real and not a fake but... Your shipping method may be an issue, Singapore Post takes forever to ship, you will get it but my estimation with them generally is 20-40 days give or take a few, remember it's not fasttech's fault it takes so long to get to you it's the oh so slow singapore posts fault :(

Davs

Apr 26, 2017
Lewiston, Idaho
Welcome to ECF!

Your story sounds almost exactly the same as mine, I smoked 22 years myself, tried everything to quit but couldn't, I came to the realization that I love smoking or well as it turn out nicotine, I also have a bit of anxiety and used smoking as a way to get out of situation quite often, anyways as for fasttech, I have been using them for 2 years now without issue, I had one item arrive broken, I sent them a picture of it and they sent out another, anyways if the item is listed as "Authentic" it's real and not a fake but... Your shipping method may be an issue, Singapore Post takes forever to ship, you will get it but my estimation with them generally is 20-40 days give or take a few, remember it's not fasttech's fault it takes so long to get to you it's the oh so slow singapore posts fault :(
Ok, I'm glad you specified about singapore's post, because that's where they said it was shipping from. I can wait, I feel like I got my vapes for such good prices ($16 each) that I'm ok with waiting. :) I have generalized anxiety disorder, so definitely I use smoking as one of the ways to cope.

JoeMischief

Apr 21, 2017
Southsea
Hi,

The massive response to your post is because everyone here has improved their life transitioning from smoking to vaping. It is a transition and everyone's journey is different. Including all 4 of us in my house young, old, male, female etc who have given up the stinkies for a healthier better but also really fun way of life. There is an epic community here that will help you through the learning process which has ups downs and sometimes the occasional fall off the wagon. Don't give up though. It will be the best decision you ever made. Between the 4 of us here we had between 50 and 60 years of smoking. Now we have 4 ex smokers ranging from 6 months and counting to 2 years experience. It'll take you a little time to find exactly what works for you best but you'll never look back... Zophie Vapes on YouTube is pretty good for some nice uncomplicated tutorials on how to use many bits of equipment etc out there...
Visit here IF you fancy as there's a few vapers sharing stories and fun stuff like pics etc. Very few better places than the ECF though for all your vaping questions.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/abillionvapers/?ref=group_cover

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread