The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

New & nervous

Discussion in 'New Members Forum' started by Davs, Apr 26, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Txaggiesaunt

Txaggiesaunt Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Mar 16, 2013
    Texas
    I would find some ejuice locally or order from a few places in the US. I myself wouldn't vape juice from China not knowing what they allow in it. Also try all different kinds till you find something you like. I've been vaping over 4 yrs now and still do tobacco flavored daily, especially if having a drink.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Pamawoman

Pamawoman Too Blessed To Stress ECF Veteran

Jul 14, 2012
    Orlando
    I don't know if anyone has said this already, but you should find a local shop to test some ejuice flavors. I went through so much money on juice until I finally figured out that I prefer desert flavors. I don't know about the laws in Idaho but here they will let you test vape a juice before you buy it. Plus it will give you a little more into the how to's of vaping.

• Like Like x 3
  3. BrotherBob

BrotherBob ECF Guru ECF Veteran

Dec 24, 2014
    Sunnyvale,CA,USA
    Welcome and glad you joined. Should be ok with FT, very popular vape supply site.
    You made the right choice as to quitting smoking, you will be shocked on how much better you will start to feel.
    Could read:
    VapeWild Test Results
    http://info-electronic-cigarette.com/the-truth-about-second-hand-vapor/
    Are Electronic Cigarettes Safe?
    Search
    http://www.thevaperstable.com/medical/
    A list of symptoms when quitting tobacco and changing to an ecigarette
    Health, Safety and Vaping

• Like Like x 2
  4. Davs

Davs Full Member

Apr 26, 2017
    Lewiston, Idaho
    I did order a 5 set of .5 replacement coils on eBay, but my bf told me we might want to try 1.5 coils next, can't remember why.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Davs

Davs Full Member

Apr 26, 2017
    Lewiston, Idaho
    Thank you. :) I will check back when I get started. The more I read about all the different things to learn about vaping the more excited I become. :)

• Like Like x 3
  6. Davs

Davs Full Member

Apr 26, 2017
    Lewiston, Idaho
    That's awesome! Yeah, I'm definitely scared of not smoking, but I hate being a smoker. So many little things I'm afraid of giving up with cigs, which is why I'm really going to give vaping a good go. Would love to not smell like cigs anymore too! Congratulations, btw :)

• Like Like x 3
  7. Davs

Davs Full Member

Apr 26, 2017
    Lewiston, Idaho
    Thanks for the heads up! I'm going to need to remember that!

• Like Like x 1
  8. dyanaprajna

dyanaprajna Super Member ECF Veteran

Feb 6, 2017
    Indiana
    20 year smoker, pack to a pack and a half a day. I started on a Blu e-cig for a week, then got a Subvod. It worked amazingly well to help quit smoking. So you're getting a good mod-if it is authentic. But Fasttech generally has good products, even if you do end up getting a clone. But congrats on taking the first step to a healthier life.

• Like Like x 3
  9. Davs

Davs Full Member

Apr 26, 2017
    Lewiston, Idaho
    Awesome, congrats! I buy cigs a carton at a time, so I was thinking when the vape arrives, I'm going to allot myself 5 cigs a day of whatever's left of the carton until they're gone and planning on spending my cig money on something else real quick so I don't even have the option to buy them again, until I know it's not going to be an issue. :)

• Like Like x 1
  10. Davs

Davs Full Member

Apr 26, 2017
    Lewiston, Idaho
    That is awesome! Yeah, i'm def into cigs for more than just nicotine, I tried to use a nicotine patch some months ago, and still smoked cigs. I think I will like vaping because it has a lot of the things I like about smoking in it. :)

• Like Like x 3
  11. Davs

Davs Full Member

Apr 26, 2017
    Lewiston, Idaho
    I'm desperately trying to get my bf into cpthis so he can teach me! He's really good at absorbing lots of info and breaking it down for me in a way that I can understand. :)

• Like Like x 3
  12. Davs

Davs Full Member

Apr 26, 2017
    Lewiston, Idaho
    Ok, to me, it seems like I'm going to want BTL at first, just cuz I *think* a friend's vape that I tried was probably a MTL and I felt like I was inhailing nothing. I'm kind of think MTV, is more the feeling of inhailing a real cig?? I got some .5 replacement coils.

Also, thx for the juice recommendation. :)

• Like Like x 1
  13. Frenchfry1942

Frenchfry1942 Chillin' Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 12, 2014
    Rivanna
    Welcome to ECF @Davs, it is here, for me anyway. I really got tired of all the baggage, like smell and health, that came with smoking. I talked myself into an attitude about it. Just kept thinking of why cigs were messing my life up. My result is said in the first line of my Sig block below.

Get an attitude. No Mercy!

;)

• Like Like x 2
  14. Davs

Davs Full Member

Apr 26, 2017
    Lewiston, Idaho
    Thanks for the links. :)

• Like Like x 1
  15. jseah

jseah Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Feb 16, 2015
    Hudson Valley, NY, USA
    When I started, I spent waaaaaaayyyyy more than I needed to. Just kept buying different mods and different tanks. It's always nice getting new toys. A couple of comments....if you are using 0.5 ohm coils, you are 'subohming', which means you are using coils below 1.0 ohms. Basically, using a lower ohm (resistance) coil generally means that you have to vape at a higher wattage, and you will get much more vapor production. Along with this, it also means that you can using lower nicotine level juice. When I used Nautilus tanks and was using 1.6 ohm coils and vaping MTL, I was vaping 12 mg juice. When I started subohming and using (at the time) the Subtank Mini with 0.5 ohm coils, I had to go down to 6 mg juice because the higher nicotine content of the 12 mg juice was too rough on my throat. That and with the higher wattage and more vapor production, I started doing direct to lung inhales. Now all I ever do is DTL inhales and use subohm coils, and I'm down to 3 mg juice.

Oh, and subohming will also use more juice as well, since it vaporizes the juice quicker and you are using lower nicotine levels. Back with the Nautilus tanks and plus-ohm coils and 12 mg juice, I would go through may 4-6 ml of juice a day. Now with subohm coils and tanks and 3 mg juice, I easily go through 30 ml of juice a day.

• Like Like x 3
  16. Davs

Davs Full Member

Apr 26, 2017
    Lewiston, Idaho
    Thank you so much for explaining this to me! I was reading a bit about nicotine and vaping earlier, but nothing about subohming, and 1.0 coils vs below 1.0. I ordered 5 .5 coils for my tank, because I think that was the coil that comes with the starter kit, or was suggested, but I didn't have any clue as to what that meant. I also order a juice with a 24mg nicotine content. D: so now I'll know if the vape hits too hard on my throat, to find a juice with lower nicotine. Also, was reading about kind of accidentally overdoing nicotine intake when vaping, especially at first, and what kind of affects that might have. I didn't think about that at all. Kinda worried about the juice I ordered now. Is it at all possible for me to order a nicotine free juice and mix it with my high nicotine content juice? I really don't like the idea of it going to waste.

17. Tonee N

Tonee N Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Mar 24, 2017
    Nevada
    You can also thin down your juice if it's too strong by either getting that flavor in a 0 nic or buy some plain VG or PG. I tried the gum but I kept burning my lips when I tried to light it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 2
  18. Canadian_Vaper

Canadian_Vaper Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Jul 30, 2015
    ON. Canada
    Welcome to ECF!

Your story sounds almost exactly the same as mine, I smoked 22 years myself, tried everything to quit but couldn't, I came to the realization that I love smoking or well as it turn out nicotine, I also have a bit of anxiety and used smoking as a way to get out of situation quite often, anyways as for fasttech, I have been using them for 2 years now without issue, I had one item arrive broken, I sent them a picture of it and they sent out another, anyways if the item is listed as "Authentic" it's real and not a fake but... Your shipping method may be an issue, Singapore Post takes forever to ship, you will get it but my estimation with them generally is 20-40 days give or take a few, remember it's not fasttech's fault it takes so long to get to you it's the oh so slow singapore posts fault :(

• Like Like x 2
  19. Davs

Davs Full Member

Apr 26, 2017
    Lewiston, Idaho
    Ok, I'm glad you specified about singapore's post, because that's where they said it was shipping from. I can wait, I feel like I got my vapes for such good prices ($16 each) that I'm ok with waiting. :) I have generalized anxiety disorder, so definitely I use smoking as one of the ways to cope.

20. JoeMischief

JoeMischief Senior Member

Apr 21, 2017
    Southsea
    The massive response to your post is because everyone here has improved their life transitioning from smoking to vaping. It is a transition and everyone's journey is different. Including all 4 of us in my house young, old, male, female etc who have given up the stinkies for a healthier better but also really fun way of life. There is an epic community here that will help you through the learning process which has ups downs and sometimes the occasional fall off the wagon. Don't give up though. It will be the best decision you ever made. Between the 4 of us here we had between 50 and 60 years of smoking. Now we have 4 ex smokers ranging from 6 months and counting to 2 years experience. It'll take you a little time to find exactly what works for you best but you'll never look back... Zophie Vapes on YouTube is pretty good for some nice uncomplicated tutorials on how to use many bits of equipment etc out there...
    Visit here IF you fancy as there's a few vapers sharing stories and fun stuff like pics etc. Very few better places than the ECF though for all your vaping questions.
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/abillionvapers/?ref=group_cover

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.