Status
Not open for further replies.

Bunnykiller

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 17, 2013
New Orleans La.
there are 2 different ways to inhale, one is called mouth to lung (MTL) and direct to lung (DTL)
DTL is like trying to breathe thru a straw... and MTL is like drinking thru a straw, you pull on the ciggie/vape to fill the mouth first and then you inhale... ( like when you first lite the ciggie)

djsvapour

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2012
England and Wales
I am having a little laugh at the expensive of all you poor people.
I get FT goodies in 6-8 days when I get lucky.
You see, it pays to be famous.
(in my mind...) :eek:

Honestly though, FT is OK. If it says authentic, it is!
Batteries go via the outer ring on Jupiter.... I don't know why. They take a long time. I blame NASA.

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2010
between here and there
Yes, I am hoping to learn how to make my own coils and e juice after I get the hang of it. Can I ask you, do you I hail a vape different than a real cig? I read something here in this forum about that and it was hard to wrap my head around bringing the "mist" into my mouth before inhaling it into my throats rather than just a straight hit like when smoking cigs. I even attempted to inhale my cig smoke in the way it was explained, not sure if I fully grasp the concept.God, I hope I don't sound stupid!
I just vape like I smoked. Don't worry about that part anyway, we all have our own ways of doing things. It is not a really big deal. Some will try to explain it, but to me its just putting a label on it that is not needed.

You have time to look around for ejuice from the US. The one and only time I ordered ejuice from China it wasn't good at all. You can find some good deals just keep looking.

:)

Davs

Apr 26, 2017
Lewiston, Idaho
Many of us order from Fasttech! They are reliable, but shipping is slow. Items that are advertised as "Authentic" on Fasttech are the real deal, and if it's a copy or clone, it will say "styled"; so "Authentic Acme Jet Propelled Pogo Stick" will be the actual Acme product, while "Acme Styled Jet Propelled Pogo Stick" will be a jet propelled pogo stick designed to be like the original Acme product.

And almost everyone here quit smoking via vaping, so you've come to the right place! Welcome!
So good to hear!

Reactions: Opinionated

Davs

Apr 26, 2017
Lewiston, Idaho
I just vape like I smoked. Don't worry about that part anyway, we all have our own ways of doing things. It is not a really big deal. Some will try to explain it, but to me its just putting a label on it that is not needed.

You have time to look around for ejuice from the US. The one and only time I ordered ejuice from China it wasn't good at all. You can find some good deals just keep looking.

Ok. Yeah, I have a lgreat cal smoke shop that sells e juice. I did order the dekang tobacco flavor to try just because it was $5 + free shipping. I think I'll get it locally just cuz I don't want to pay shipping. If I'm successful at vaping I hope to get into making my own e-juice.

Davs

Apr 26, 2017
Lewiston, Idaho
Me too.

Until the entertainment value of clouds and DL gets me heading for the vape attic. :D
Are you a cloud chaser? I think the Kangertech subvod is not one that produces much cloud, but the ones that do look pretty satisfying. I was thinking that they are a bit more spendy tho, is that true?

djsvapour

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2012
England and Wales
Are you a cloud chaser? I think the Kangertech subvod is not one that produces much cloud, but the ones that do look pretty satisfying. I was thinking that they are a bit more spendy tho, is that true?

LOL. Not really a cloud chaser, no. I just have a play around with lots of stuff.
The Subvod is quite a strong device... certainly a cut above many basic vape pens.
I have one (no, really :D) and quite like it.
Its a good device for the pub.

Davs

Apr 26, 2017
Lewiston, Idaho
there are 2 different ways to inhale, one is called mouth to lung (MTL) and direct to lung (DTL)
DTL is like trying to breathe thru a straw... and MTL is like drinking thru a straw, you pull on the ciggie/vape to fill the mouth first and then you inhale... ( like when you first lite the ciggie)
Ok, you explained that better than what I read. :)

Davs

Apr 26, 2017
Lewiston, Idaho
and as far as juice ( if you havent found your favorite yet) check out Heather Heavenly Vapes... been using thier stuff for about 4 yrs now... my favorites are Dragon Fire and Pirates Booty ( I prefer the tobacco types of flavors)
Good to know. Yeah I think I'd probably like sweet fruity flavors, but I read that sweet juices wear out coils faster so I ordered tobacco flavor. I'll check out the brand you mention tho, cuz I think I'll always want tobacco flavor on hand.

Davs

Apr 26, 2017
Lewiston, Idaho
LOL. Not really a cloud chaser, no. I just have a play around with lots of stuff.
The Subvod is quite a strong device... certainly a cut above many basic vape pens.
I have one (no, really :D) and quite like it.
Its a good device for the pub.
Yay! I did a lot of reading before I chose the subvod. I was really into a vape by smok, but then stumbled upon a lot of complaints about leaking, and how spendy the replacement could are.

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2010
between here and there
Can you provide a link to the subvod you bought? Was wondering what type of tank comes with it.
Usually its the subtank mini (which I use all the time) and I am just curious.

To post a link go to ft and copy what is in the address bar where the www part is(while viewing the item you purchased). Then just come back here and paste it in a post.

Davs

Apr 26, 2017
Lewiston, Idaho
I am having a little laugh at the expensive of all you poor people.
I get FT goodies in 6-8 days when I get lucky.
You see, it pays to be famous.
(in my mind...) :eek:

Honestly though, FT is OK. If it says authentic, it is!
Batteries go via the outer ring on Jupiter.... I don't know why. They take a long time. I blame NASA.

Opinionated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2015
My Mountain
You won't get ripped off from fasttech, they are a reputable company so no worries there.

Most of those built in batteries like that don't last more than a year or two, depending upon your vaping habits, but it's way cheaper than smoking even if you replace the unit once a year, so it's all good. (My first device with a built in battery lasted me right at the one year mark before dying)

Your average e cigarette user vapes anywhere from 3 to 6 ml of e liquid a day - so you will figure in a 30 ml bottle a week to your cost (I know a place where you can get 120ml for 37.00 that is good so the cost is doable even on a budget)

You will be replacing your atomizer coils about once a week but coils are in the general range of 2.00 each so again, it's a doable cost even on a budget.

All in all, with everything considered, you will still spend only a fraction of what you were spending on combustible cigarettes. Your looking at your monthly expenditure being about the cost of 1 carton of cigarettes. (Or cheaper depending upon where you live)

It takes a couple weeks for orders to get to the states coming on the slow boat from China, so have some patience, it will get here. :)

I was able to quit smoking (I had a two pack a day habit) after a 32 year addiction through vaping. Quitting,even with vaping is a process but if your determined you WILL succeed!

My son wasn't even looking to quit smoking, but since i was so successful at quitting I decided to send him a few things to get him started, when we found what works best for him, he was able to quit and hasn't looked back.. so vaping can be a successful means to quit - even if your weren't looking to quit!

Don't worry, you will get there! If you have questions everyone here will be happy to help. Everyone is so informative and helpful you may end up finding this your new home!

Welcome to ECF.. your off to an awesome start!

Davs

Apr 26, 2017
Lewiston, Idaho
Can you provide a link to the subvod you bought? Was wondering what type of tank comes with it.
Usually its the subtank mini (which I use all the time) and I am just curious.

To post a link go to ft and copy what is in the address bar where the www part is(while viewing the item you purchased). Then just come back here and paste it in a post.

$15.74 Authentic KangerTech Subvod-C 1300mAh Starter Kit - 2.8ml / 0.4ohm at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread