New release Mini Reo 2.1 ? It came without rubber insulator gasket....and Do I tip a bottom feeder?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Faylool

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 7, 2012
Sweet Home, Oregon USA
Did they forget to put it there? It's pictured on the instruction sheet that says Reo Grand, Mini and 18490
(shouldn't that be be 18500?) Anyway it's pointed out along with center post and catch cup. I'm using a standard reserve
( which reads 1.77 on my handy little ohm reader) joye tech 510 atty and I think it's working fine and all that but I feel like tipping it up to help the juice reach the coils good enough. Is that actually required or just an option?
pits smaller than the pics make it look. So cute. Love the little magnetic action when slipping the cover back on. My cover goes side to side a little but it's easy to slip on so maybe that's why they make it like that. Does your covers move a little if you check it and make it do it? I mean. I can shake it and itll go tick tick with the cover clicking side to side a very little bit. Is this right? Thanks

Faylool

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 7, 2012
Sweet Home, Oregon USA
It has no gasket as pointed out in the picture around the center post and yes I does work. I don't tip it to squonk it just when I'm vaping . I mean if it feels like the next hit is going to be harsh, I can tell by taste I get the urge to tip it it so the juice that's left can reach the coils. I only get a few hits and it seems ready to squonk again but I don't want to over do it so I tip it and hit to be more sure. Then I decided may e I'm supposed to be tipping it anyway...being a bottom feeder. Or just keep fuller than feels right to ME Not experienced with bottom feeding. I dripped before.

Justice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 10, 2011
The part of Canada that doesn't get enuf Snow :(
If it had no Gasket my friend it simply would not fire. If would simply melt the spring and that would be it no more electrical contact could be made. As far as tipping I do sometimes and sometimes not. I've never really noticed any difference. Maybe I will try to pay attention to see. Welcome to the clan :)

Faylool

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 7, 2012
Sweet Home, Oregon USA
Ok! Yes. It fires. The little rubber gasket I'm referring to is no doubt an added feature to keep it from flooding maybe or to help it move the juice up to the coil better? Or whatever. OK I'll see what they say. I emailed but I don't know when I'll get a response. The paper says to come here and talk to you guys BTW! Probably your doing their job for them huh? I'm sure you all don't mind one bit. Seems to be a happy crowd.

Justice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 10, 2011
I just went to reos mods website and look at the new pics. The gasket you are referring to you can't really see in the mod. It is in between the two posts. And down a ways. They are kind of a semi white clear color so don't show real well. It does look like a darker color from the pic but it's just the lighting in the pic. Your good to go. Don't worry for it :).

Justice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 10, 2011
Oh good! I really didn't think they would send it incomplete and was going to "dig" around with a pin but decided since its working fine not to mess around. What about the loose cover? That normal?

The cover is normal. You can simply put a loop of electrical tape around your battery and that will fix it. Some use elastics like from braces. I personally just very carefully put a little twist into the door. But don't blame me if you do and over do it :lol:

Northernshrink

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 21, 2012
Bracebridge Ont Canada
I think the o-ring / gasket you may be referring to is for using Rba's if it were used on a carto you wouldnt be able to get a draw as cartos get there air from the bottom. Another trick to get rid of the door rattle is to bend the door ever so slightly you cant tell and it gets rid of the rattle. Put it over the edge of a table and push down in 2 or 3 spots doesnt take much just do a little at a time and check it.

Faylool

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 7, 2012
Sweet Home, Oregon USA
I decided I like the little tick tick! I might have to save up for a grand and kick it...a wood one. Don't have wood yet in my small collection and a bottom feeder is nice. They are always sold out. Do people simply special order them? It's quit nice bottom feeding and I guess the wood ones are the same everything but wood.

Justice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 10, 2011
I decided I like the little tick tick! I might have to save up for a grand and kick it...a wood one. Don't have wood yet in my small collection and a bottom feeder is nice. They are always sold out. Do people simply special order them? It's quit nice bottom feeding and I guess the wood ones are the same everything but wood.

Rob is planning another run of woods. Watch the sales update thread in the stickies for updates.

Faylool

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 7, 2012
Sweet Home, Oregon USA
I just want to kick a reo woodville 18650 withe the 18490 batteries. There might be a grounding fix that costs extra to do that. Hope the "run is a cople months out ....$
I'm going to enjoy dealing with the reo vender. Nice person, answers emails fast a couple weeks ago answered phone after hours because i was in the middle of ordering and a question about the bottle I should get so I could be sure. I've so many Venders as we all have looking for the right things. Nice ones with quick email response has not been the status quo! Makes my little miserable day as I hold the 10th gauze pad on my empty socket where my bad nasty tooth got pulled and I do not get to suck on straws and things like that....Reo waits I aches.
Good Prophets seems to be a class act too. ERoll stuff etc...little bit DIY

Last edited:

Faylool

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 7, 2012
Sweet Home, Oregon USA
Sure. I willbe wandering around waiting for the best news on this RBA situation. I'm waiting for the one that promises to be easy for me and least fiddle, and long lasting wicks. Hornet for the Reo might not be the one after all for "don't like complications me" and will be reading all on that while I save a little extra cash for the next splurge. I kicked my brass Mortar and dag nab it the arrangement changed the draw enough to make me take the kick out! Must play with that again on a fresh carto and tank. This carto is a little stiff anyway but I wonder if that is usually. A slight tightnebing of the draw when the a kick is in place ON THE REO SPECIFICALLY...GRAND WOOD. Or should I take this to a different thread? Or is this all my own thread now and all about me and my wants and concerns. Wouldn't that be a luxury! thanks again

ancient puffer

EX PV Collector
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 8, 2011
Virginia, USA

Just a thought. To disable the "click" AND make the battery easier to remove/replace, I slip a piece of ribbon behind the battery. It tightens up the door and is easy to grab when you want to take the battery out.

ancient-puffer-albums-mods-picture41648-reo-ribbon.jpg

Justice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 10, 2011
Sure. I willbe wandering around waiting for the best news on this RBA situation. I'm waiting for the one that promises to be easy for me and least fiddle, and long lasting wicks. Hornet for the Reo might not be the one after all for "don't like complications me" and will be reading all on that while I save a little extra cash for the next splurge. I kicked my brass Mortar and dag nab it the arrangement changed the draw enough to make me take the kick out! Must play with that again on a fresh carto and tank. This carto is a little stiff anyway but I wonder if that is usually. A slight tightnebing of the draw when the a kick is in place ON THE REO SPECIFICALLY...GRAND WOOD. Or should I take this to a different thread? Or is this all my own thread now and all about me and my wants and concerns. Wouldn't that be a luxury! thanks again

I suppose this can be all your own thread. But if a new ?? Comes up it may get overlooked if under this heading. So it may be best to read and or make a new one or just ask in the lounge. There is no way the kick could tighten the draw up. But cartos and Atties do tend to tighten with use. The 2 little air holes in the thread area of the atty carto can be drilled outa little larger. Just careful if you do only go in a tiny bit too far it will ruin the atty. I drill all my Atties before I use them as I like an easy draw.

Justice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 10, 2011
I am soooo glad to hear this about the kick. It IS the carto, has one of the so called gunky juices in a second time of 6 mil. Waited 2 1/2 months before I went ahead and bought it.
You can try to clean it Ive done so with isopropyl alcohol just be sure to let it dry good before reuse I'd guess at least over night with carts atties will dry out after blowing them real quick. Personally I dont see the use of using Cartos on a reo its so easy to squonk an atty and no filler to worry about

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread