New SmokeStik contest? Give your technical help here......

Status
Not open for further replies.

lorikay13

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 13, 2009
Oregon
www.smokestik.com
Hi all

okay...so we know we want a new contest to give someone who has never tried a SmokeStik a chance to win a Pitbull kit. And I think it's agreed that we all love animals and would have fun with an animal related contest.

My idea was post a picture of an animal that is or was a part of your family AND that you had rescued. The definition of rescue is broad and can include buying from a petstore IF the only reason you bought the critter was to save it from suffering.

Where I run into difficulties is the mechanics of the thing.....how do we pick a winner? And I dont think I can do it...it just would not be fair.....so does anyone know how the other contest threads have done this kind of thing? Some way to take a popular vote I think is what I am looking for...

the floor is open...........:pop:

CES

optimistic cynic
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2010
Birmingham, Al
Hi LK,

Maybe jOker can help with the mechanics- he's run a number of contests that have the winner decided by voting. I guess one way to do it is to have two threads. The first for contest entries only- then the second for voting ( and comments?) when the contest closes. I think polls are limited to 15 items, though that would be the easiest way to tabulate.

spacekitty

Krazee Kat Laydee & Guru-X2.5
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 3, 2010
SoCal, USA
In all fairness, and since you KNOW that all of the pics are going to be just adorable... do it by Random Number Generator from all of the entries, and that way nobody's feelings get hurt... View attachment 27003 because everyone's pet is special to them!!

(don't worry, I don't have any where I live now... lol!!)

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
In all fairness, and since you KNOW that all of the pics are going to be just adorable... do it by Random Number Generator from all of the entries, and that way nobody's feelings get hurt... View attachment 27003 because everyone's pet is special to them!!

+1. There's no "better" or "best" rescue. They are all equally meaningful and heart-warming. Random numer generator is the way to go.

lorikay13

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 13, 2009
Oregon
www.smokestik.com

Holy Naked Mole Rats!!!! spacekitty scores!!!!

Maybe include the story behind it.

YES

didnt i already win this contest....... :)

Hell no

Yeah but it was all of us bad girls that took you in! So if you get technical.... it would be the bad girls who would win... :p

YES

+1. There's no "better" or "best" rescue. They are all equally meaningful and heart-warming. Random numer generator is the way to go.

DONE!

I dont know what in the heck I was thinking.....there is NO WAY to put a value judgement on who or what you love. Thank you spacekitty and katya......random G it is!. I'm closing the thread for now until and will post the official contest thread and rules some time this week.

lorikay13

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 13, 2009
Oregon
www.smokestik.com
Okay.....here is what I have settled on for the next contest.....anyone is free to give me their feedback....it isn't carved in stone....yet.

The contest will be open to anyone.

Each person is allowed one entry...that means ONE post in the thread and NO cross talk.

Each entry will consist of either a story about a personal experience you have had rescuing an animal which later became a part of your family.......or a story about how you have helped animal rescue even if you can not personally live with an animal companion. Pictures are great but not mandatory.

The winner will be picked at random. If the random winner has already won a SmokeStik contest then another winner will be picked.

Now here is the twist......there will be three winners. Each winner will have the option of accepting the prize......or donating it to another contestant in the contest. What the winner does with their prize will be stictly confidential.....so no pressure. Winning kits will be covered under the same warranty as if they had been purchased.

How does that sound???

lorikay13

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 13, 2009
Oregon
www.smokestik.com
Thanks CES....but I don't think I can do that. I think that thread is just for individual members to post a contest...suppliers have a whole different set of rules. I have to get permission first so I have written to the admin to find out. As far as I know you and any other member can post a link anywhere you want to...it's just me that has to be careful. I still am not sure when and where I am allowed to show my face outside of my own forum.....which is fine with me....it gives me an excuse just to stay in my tree.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread