New to making Juice

Status
Not open for further replies.

raddiver

ECF Veteran
Oct 13, 2009
Brandenburg KY
Hi there,
I want to start making my own juice, and I see some good recipies to start.
But where can i get the components to start?
Any specific places that I could go to order stuff to get started?
Also What do I need to get?

Thanks
Continue to read through these posts.

Wal-mart can probably get 90% of your needs.
Glycerin in the skin care isle, PG at the pharmacy, loranns flavorings in the crafts or cooking areas, etc.

The only thing you will need then, is nic juice.
Numerous places online that sell flavorless nic juice in different nicotine strengths.

Scottes

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 31, 2009
Boston, MA
scottesrum.com
It might be worth finding a vendor that carries everything you need: PG, VG, bottles, flavorings, measuring devices (eye-droppers and disposable pipettes), nic-juice, etc.

I haven't used any of these places, so I'm not recommending any one over the other, but here's a list (which may be missing some vendors):

DIY Flavor Shack by E-Cig Smoke Store
Happy Vaper
Juicy Liquid
Liquidxpress
Midwest Vapor
One Stop DIY Shop

k now i have more questions lol.
whats the glycerin for?
also why use vg over pg?
isn't it just pg/nic/flavoring to make the e-juice?

Thanks

Some ppl, like myself, prefer VG (Vegetable Glycerin) to PG (Propylene glycol), which can sometime irritate the throat. VG produces much, much more vapor than PG, another reason, and is a smoother vape, less hydration issues, Some ppl are allergic, others say they just prefer it. VG has a sweeter taste and is more natural product.

Last edited:

raddiver

ECF Veteran
Oct 13, 2009
Brandenburg KY
Vodka or everclear(or some other form of pure grain alcohol PGA) is generally used to thin VG if the mix is too thick. Too thick a juice will not wick so well.
Some also claim that it gives a better throat hit, but i think VG on its own does that well enough for me. This of course is a personal preference as everyones throat and tastebuds are different.

It's alot to take in if you're new to vaping. Ive been on the bandwagon for about a month now and i'm just now getting to the point where i'm feeling comfortable with making juice.
Read read and read some more. Then go make some flavors, note what you liked, what you didnt like, and enhance from there.
Use Dans e-juice excel spreadsheet. Its a great starting point.

Thats about the best advice i can give ya.

Have fun with mixing your own flavors. (who'da thunk a rasberry cocunut cream pie would be good to vape. ;) )

-=RAD=-

Scottes

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 31, 2009
Boston, MA
scottesrum.com
Vg ... is more natural product.
I'd agree with this if you're talking about 100% Vegetable Glycerin, which I prefer over the synthetic stuff. Heritage and Now brands are 100% vegetable glycerin, and others I'm sure. The bottle will state this - if not, then it's probably synthetic glycerin. The synthetic stuff is just as usable, and a little cheaper ($1 a bottle maybe).

pg delivers more flavor, and vg creates more vapor. I believe this is what I've read. If not someone please correct me.
You are correct John.

Scottes

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 31, 2009
Boston, MA
scottesrum.com
So you can get all the ingredients from wal mart? except the nicotine juice?

Can you make the e liquid with everything but the nic juice? I want to try out different flavorings/recipes before I go and spend money ordering some nicotine
"Yes" to all your questions.

desrtrat

ECF Veteran
May 21, 2009
Phoenix, AZ
So you can get all the ingredients from wal mart? except the nicotine juice?

Can you make the e liquid with everything but the nic juice? I want to try out different flavorings/recipes before I go and spend money ordering some nicotine

Absolutely you can make a 0 nic juice (you'll save a TON of money that way too). The first time I tried DIY I used only VG, Flavoring and Vodka. It tasted great and wicked great once I got the mix right. You'll need to add distilled water or some type of grain alcohol to thin the VG. Most people still have that nicotine addiction so it's mentioned all the time, but it's not required.

Last edited:
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread