New Vamo V3 - noob question

Status
Not open for further replies.

kemal007

Aug 20, 2013
Hello everyone.

I've been vaping for a couple months now, I started with an Ego-S and some local clearo's. I have since moved to protank 1s and a mini protank2 (love this), as well as MT3S (which I love too). I also have an iClear 30.

Today I got vapemail from fasttech and now am happily vaping with a Vamo V3.

My question - the ring on top of the vamo doesn't seem to line up with my protanks or my iClear. There's about an 1/8th inch gap between the bottom of the protank and the ring.

If I spin the ring up to close the gap it comes off the threads before it touches the bottom of the protank.

Is this normal? Is there an adapter that I can use to close the gap? While the direction card in the V3 kit shows two rings mine only came with one.

kemal007

Aug 20, 2013
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1381133103.896245.jpg

With ring at bottom of threads

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1381133139.711577.jpg

With ring extended but now off it's threads.

Screamin Eagle

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 15, 2013
Maryland
I've heard of this happening. There have been problems with the threading of the Vamos at the 510 connection. The problem was suppose to be resolved. I find this out after I placed my Vamo3 order. I'm still waiting on mine to come in.
In any case, look to make sure the threads aren't cross threading on your clearo bases. I'm not sure how to alleviate this other then taking the head off and "running" the threads with a tap.

LadyPharaoh

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 5, 2013
AL, USA
Hi and welcome Kemal.

Protanks don't sit flush on my V3 either. I've read that the threads are soft, so I don't force it. Unlike yours, I can spin the top ring to meet the tank and it doesn't come off the threads. I have used the Protank "beauty ring" without the top ring from the V3 to get a decent fit, although it's kind of ugly and still not totally flush.

Not sure what kind of adapter would work because it seems an adapter would create more of a gap between the threads and the tank. Hopefully someone with more knowledge than I have will be along shortly.

kemal007

Aug 20, 2013
Thanks everyone. My beauty ring definitely comes off the threads if I close the gap because it both rattles around and it falls off of I take the PT off. Oh well.

If anyone knows of a beauty ring that is taller, or if one of those ego-510 adapters with flow control might fill the gap, that'd be peachy if you could point me in the right direction.

I've tried the PT beauty ring but that just looks lame, LOL

At least the PT2 and my MT3S's look and work good :) and holy cow, this is so much more satisfying than a non VV ego. :)

I just got my Vamo V3 in the vapemail today too!! I'm a "Noob" as well (2 months and counting) I have been using Ego batteries and didn't really expect there to be much of a diff. with a mod. HOLY COW WAS I WRONG!!! The flavor of the juice is so much more pronounced and smoothness of the vape is AMAZING!! Never going back that's for sure. I'm currently using an 18650 battery but think I'll go with a single smaller battery to make my mod a tad smaller. It's a bit large for me. Happy Vaping to all

WarHawk-AVG

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 27, 2013
H-Town
I just got my Vamo V3 in the vapemail today too!! I'm a "Noob" as well (2 months and counting) I have been using Ego batteries and didn't really expect there to be much of a diff. with a mod. HOLY COW WAS I WRONG!!! The flavor of the juice is so much more pronounced and smoothness of the vape is AMAZING!! Never going back that's for sure. I'm currently using an 18650 battery but think I'll go with a single smaller battery to make my mod a tad smaller. It's a bit large for me. Happy Vaping to all

Vape yo face off! :D

APV is where everyone eventually ends up...

I guess an analogy could be like getting into a river
Walk up dip your toe in...ooh cold (cigalike), step in the water a bit deeper (eGo), then plunge on in (APV)

Others...timidly walk up and their buddy shoves em in (loaner)

Then there is that yahoo on the bank with the rope swing and a Tarzan yell AHAHAHAHHAAHAHAAAAA (Provari)

:p

Last edited:

JTipton

Verified Member
Oct 7, 2013
Columbia, SC
I "graduated" to the Vamo v3 as well. I started with an eGo and both does the Vamo blow it out of the water. I am using a g50 which is close to the protank. Does anyone else have any flooding after about a week. Don't get me wrong I do not mind the tighter draw but I hate the gurgling and that it will through juice in my mouth.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread