New vape user

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hawise

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 25, 2013
AB, Canada
I'm afraid there isn't really an answer to your question. It varies from person to person depending on a large number of factors, some of which include:
  • How long and strong your puffs are (both with the cigarettes and the juul, and they're often different)
  • How your body absorbs the nicotine - you'll absorb less from the Juul (don't worry about that - there's plenty there) than you did from cigarettes, and how much you absorb depends on how you inhale and how your body reacts to it
  • The nicotine level of your Juul
I do have one suggestion. Juuls are usually available in different strengths. What's available depends on your location (various laws affect what they can sell in different jurisdictions). The nicotine concentration can be up to 50 mg/ml (aka 5%) in some places. 5% is extremely high and may be too much, even after two packs a day. 2% and 3% (or maybe it's 3.5%) are also often available. I'd recommend aiming for no more than 3% to start with. You can always increase it later if it doesn't work.

Good luck, and feel free to ask about anything I've said (or anything else you're wondering about.)

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    Hi there, I smoke about two packs of cigarettes a day and want to start using Juul vape. How should I start off and how many puffs equals one cigarette?

I personally don't think it's a good approach to expect to vape an exact amount of puffs in order to get the same satisfaction and nicotine amount from cigarettes. You have nicotine absorption rates to factor in and that is impossible to do because there is no hard data on this and absorption rates will likely vary from person to person, and day to day for any one person.

The easiest and less stressful way to go about switching from cigarettes to vaping is to just buy a vape device, start using it, and learn as you go. It's OK to use both vape and cigarettes while you are getting used to vaping, most people do it that way because it's near impossible for most to just quit cigarettes and replace it with vaping right away. It's just unrealistic in most cases.

So buy your vape and get started. That's the best thing you can do IMHO.

Last edited:

BrokenHeart

Mar 14, 2021
    Hi there, I smoke about two packs of cigarettes a day and want to start using Juul vape. How should I start off and how many puffs equals one cigarette?
    Welcome. Way back when I was a new vaper I worried about that. You know when you’re “done” with a cigarette... I finally decided to try not to worry about it and just vape until I felt like my immediate need for nicotine was satisfied. For me one of the best (and sometimes worse) thing about vaping is that the number of puffs doesn’t matter as much as you think it will. Sometimes you just need a few puffs and you’re good. Other times, like if I’m on the computer, I’ll realize that I’m vaping like it’s a pacifier and its time to put it aside for awhile. Embrace the difference! Appreciate the lack of stinky ashtrays! If you can, try to get an extra battery or two so you aren’t waiting for it to charge. I also made sure I had a good supply of pods on hand also. Set yourself up for success. I actually always have two devices with me so if one conks out I’m still ok.
    I guess some people still smoke for awhile in the beginning. I didn’t want to go that route because I thought I’d probably just keep reaching for the cigs. I put my last couple of packs up in a closet where I could get them if I wanted them, not lying around out in the open where they would be asking me to smoke them. Felt nice to throw them away after a week or so.
    I also used to start vaping before I was in the throws of a nicotine fit but that was in the days before nic salt which gets in your system faster.
    Good Luck!

rob33

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 20, 2009
    A World Traveler
    If the Juul works for just hit it till you don't have the urge to smoke, and that goes to what ever device you choose. When I finally quit totally it took an RDA and 18mg, I was using 2 packs of cowboy killers a day. Once I got the right combination of equipment and nicotine I was done in 3 days.

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 16, 2010
    So-Cal

Hi Husker65. Welcome to the ECF.

It's hard to Equate how many Puffs of a JUUL (or Any other e-Cigarettes) equal the feel of 1 Cigarette. The Nicotine can be Guestimated. But e-Cigarettes don't have All those Added Chemicals that are put into Cigarettes. And since there is No Combustion, e-Cigarette Don't create the Hundreds of Chemical Compounds that Tobacco (add the Added Chemicals) do when it is burned.

Are you looking to quit Smoking Completely? Or do want to Cut Down on the Amount you Smoke? Or maybe a Little of Both in time?

So what Exactly is your Goal?

Opinionated

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 19, 2015
    My Mountain

When I first made the switch I kept the same physical routines that I did with smoking.

I used to smoke outside so whenever it was about that time I went outside and vaped for a similar length of time that a cigarette would take and then I'd go back in.

I personally absorb nicotine in vaping a little slower than I did with cigarettes, the nicotine creeped up on me rather than hitting me all at once, so be slightly prepared for that. You may feel like you haven't had enough nicotine yet but if you give it 5 or 10 more minutes you will...

Also, when you go into withdrawal you will chainvape, and thats perfectly normal... your body will adjust if you give it time. Just chainvape your rear end off if you have to!

Welcome to ECF!

Last edited:
    Reactions: BrotherBob

Bliss Doubt

ECF Veteran
    Dec 10, 2012
    San Antonio
    I can only upvote what I see others saying here. Use your own "intuitive method". Vape when you want, as much as you want, and stop when you want to. Vaping is my binky. My device is never far from me, and I keep several tanks filled. It may take dual use, cigarettes and vaping both, until you're ready to fully fledge and be free.

Getting the right nic level in your eliquid is, I think, an important key to success.

I know you can do it. I get addicted to everything, coffee, chocolate, cars, shoes, gloves, cigarettes (that's over), and other things I've had to get past, so I feel that if I can quit cigarettes, anybody can, with a good method like vaping, which is now my favorite forever addiction.

I wish you the best of luck.

Last edited:

Territoo

Diva
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Jul 17, 2009
    Texas
    Howdy2.jpg

Status
    Not open for further replies.