New vaper health concerns

Status
Not open for further replies.

Izan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2012
Mallorca, Spain
Hello everyone. I have been vaping for almost exactly a month now. I am having a bit of an issue and need some advice. First off I wanna say, when this started I went to the hospital because I thought something was wrong and they did a FULL workup of tests including blood urine chest x-ray ekg the whole 9 yards all tests came back perfectly normal. I have been having an extremely tight chest that started literally 2 days after I started vaping. My blood ox was perfect so I know I'm breathing fine but it feels like someone's standing on my chest. After doing some research I found it is most likely linked to vaping. I saw on this site that many many people have the same issue for one reason it another. My question is, how long after I stop vaping have the symptoms stopped in most people. The doctor can't find another wrong with me so it's gotta be from vaping. I haven't touched my vape since last night and it's definately a little better but I still have some of the symptoms. Can someone please please give me some advice and or input. I'd really appreciate it
Hi and welcome,
How long did you smoke and how many per day?
Are you still smoking?
I have been vaping for almost exactly a month was a smoker for 18 years and I'm using 3mg nic aegus mini 70vg 30pg the symptoms started a day maybe 2 after started vaping
What are you "vaping" with:
Which device?
What brand and flavor of juice are you using?
What is the nicotine level of the juice you use?

Where are you located?
Have you tried NOT inhaling? The nicotine is absorbed very efficiently by the mouth, nose and throat.
Pull the vapor into your mouth, pause, exhale through nose and mouth. (cigar/pipe like)

HTH
I

Last edited:

Topwater Elvis

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 26, 2012
Texas
That is EXACTLY what I feel. Like . Like my husband kept asking me what it felt like and thats exactly what I feel. When you changed your liquid did it take a day or 2 for it to stop or was it immediately

Everyone will react differently.
If I took a couple dozen vapes up to around 1ml of 70% Vg liquid it would take me about 12 hours to feel normal.
A few to a dozen vapes a few hours.

If I kept taking a few vapes of anything over 50% Vg liquid per hour, the symptoms wouldn't subside.

I've been vaping since 2011, I can take one vape and tell from my reaction if the liquid is 60% or more Vg.

somdcomputerguy

vaper dedicato
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
    I have been vaping for almost exactly a month was a smoker for 18 years and I'm using 3mg nic aegus mini 70vg 30pg the symptoms started a day maybe 2 after started vaping
    A 3mg/ml nic level might not be enough nicotine for you. Maybe you're vaping more because of that and getting too much of the 70% VG.

Deanna carpenter

Apr 7, 2020
    Everyone will react differently.
    If I took a couple dozen vapes up to around 1ml of 70% Vg liquid it would take me about 12 hours to feel normal.
    A few to a dozen vapes a few hours.

If I kept taking a few vapes of anything over 50% Vg liquid per hour, the symptoms wouldn't subside.

I've been vaping since 2011, I can take one vape and tell from my reaction if the liquid is 60% or more Vg.
    I smoked it continuously for the whole month with these symptoms up until late last night. I just kept going to hospital and drs thinking It was something else before realizing it started right when I started vaping and did more research and realized people can actually have a sensitivity to it. I had NO idea

Vapemesilly

ECF Veteran
    Mar 21, 2017
    Nevada
    Were you chain vaping? Big clouds? Sometimes, if I vape a lot I can feel a little tightness in my chest at the end of the day. I switched to MTL vaping recently to get back to vaping smaller clouds.

You got a medical workup and everything is normal so I wouldn't worry too much. Try a different VG/PG ratio. Look at your vaping habits. Vape less. Don't chain vape.

Topwater Elvis

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Dec 26, 2012
    Texas
    I smoked it continuously for the whole month with these symptoms up until late last night. I just kept going to hospital and drs thinking It was something else before realizing it started right when I started vaping and did more research and realized people can actually have a sensitivity to it. I had NO idea

Again everyone can react differently.
    You went to the doctor and everything checked out okay.
    Same thing I went through. 3 er visits, half a dozen dr visits, no problem found, at all.

It is not as uncommon as people like to make it sound for folks to have from sensitivities to allergic reactions to Pg, Vg, flavorings and sweeteners.
    There are a few that experience some unwanted side effects from even the different types of nicotine.

Deanna carpenter

Apr 7, 2020
    Again everyone can react differently.
    You went to the doctor and everything checked out okay.
    Same thing I went through. 3 er visits, half a dozen dr visits, no problem found, at all.

It is not as uncommon as people like to make it sound for folks to have from sensitivities to allergic reactions to Pg, Vg, flavorings and sweeteners.
    There are a few that experience some unwanted side effects from even the different types of nicotine.
    Thank you. I had no idea that was even a thing which

Reactions: Izan

Izan

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Jul 1, 2012
    Mallorca, Spain
    Hi,
    IMO, the battery you have is great, but the tank that comes with the kit is not suitable as an initial cigarette replacement device.
    Watch a few youtube videos of the "kit" in use. The tank requires you to inhale strongly and deeply. IMO, the polar opposite of how most people smoke cigarettes.

Your device (battery and tank) is "510" threaded: the industry standard.
    You may use any companies 510 threaded tanks or toppers with your battery.

A true MTL (mouth to lung) cigarette type draw tank may be a better choice to use on top of the Aegis battery.
    Perhaps something from innokin that takes the "Z" series coils.
    Innokin Zlide Tank,couple of questions.

Cheers
    I

LoveVanilla

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Nov 23, 2013
    Texas
    BTW, you do not need to inhale (i.e. bring to the lungs) to benefit from ecigs. Nic is readily absorbed through the mucus membranes of the mouth and nose. A good number of forum users (incl. self) are MTE (mouth to exhale). Pull to back of the throad, hold, and exhale. French exhale if you want more. It is just about changing the habit of how you used to smoke cigarettes. GL

Izan

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Jul 1, 2012
    Mallorca, Spain
    I did do vape years ago but it was a very small mod definately not a lot of vapor inhaled. I'm starting to feel better and better as the day goes on. Once I'm completely back to normal I'll try to switch things up and see what works. Thanks everyone for their input
    Often, when using an "open air" device, new users will gulp or swallow vapor into their stomachs. Discomfort in various forms is the result.
    Be extra careful not to swallow vapor.

Cheers
    I

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Dec 24, 2014
    Sunnyvale,CA,USA
    I did do vape years ago but it was a very small mod definately not a lot of vapor inhaled. I'm starting to feel better and better as the day goes on. Once I'm completely back to normal I'll try to switch things up and see what works. Thanks everyone for their input
    Welcome and glad you joined.

AttyPops

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Jul 8, 2010
    Hc Svnt Dracones - USA EST
    I'll just add, on the VG thing, that not all VG's are equal. I've had some VGs that I react to, others I don't. I think for me it might be coconut derived VG or other sources. So I try to be careful where I get my VG (although I'm about to test out a new source). Anyway, the one I reacted to was from a DIY supply from a major vendor. Switching it out for another vendor's vg made a difference. Switching back and it came back, switching out and it went away. Otherwise same mix.

And it was hives, not "tight chest" whatever that is.

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
    ECF Veteran
    May 22, 2010
    Central GA
    It's been happening for over a month now started right when I started vaping. I have no symptoms except for the tightness my blood ox is 100 so they said it's not even a symptom at the hospital

For 10 years I have vaped mostly high PG juices in the range of 70pg/30vg. I tried mixing some juices in the 50PG and 40PG range and I began to feel a sensation in my chest over time with higher VG. FWIW, I switched back to 70PG and all that went away. For me, some VG is fine as long as it's low in the mix.

I like higher PG for flavor and the lower vapor volume, especially when I'm out and about trying to be stealthy.

Last edited:

Jebbn

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 2, 2018
    safe distance from a black hole
    I get that sensation, tightness in the chest etc if I DL at high temps, ie lots of vapour production.
    I dont get it at all if I mtl vape at 9w to 11w.(temp control 195c-205c)
    I use only vg, nic in a vg base and 5% to 8% distilled water.
    I cant use PG at all, unfortunately, PG messes my face up :D , red rashes, stinging, watery eyes and burned out sinus's. So VG, low nic and mtl at low watts is what works for me.
    I do enjoy RDL and DL vaping so I always have a couple of DL tanks/rta's going just for a few big puffs and then I finish off the session with a relaxed mtl rta. It works for me, no reaction to PG and no heavy chest feeling from too much VG.
    Maybe try a mtl tank for a while and see how you go.
    Good luck finding your groove.

jmur

Aggie AND Moon's Acct., on retainer for Beckyblue
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jun 7, 2013
    Connecticut
    BTW, you do not need to inhale (i.e. bring to the lungs) to benefit from ecigs. Nic is readily absorbed through the mucus membranes of the mouth and nose. A good number of forum users (incl. self) are MTE (mouth to exhale). GL

I too do MTE (and nasal) about 90% of the time. Just didn't know it was called that. Actually I attribute that method to the reason why after 45 years of smoking mostly non-filtered (2 to 3 PAD) my coughing and wheezing went away mostly in one week, and completely after two weeks of vaping. Seven years ago and I still don't cough or wheeze. Just my :2c:.

Mordacai

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Jan 16, 2019
    UK
    One thing that I have noticed with vaping is that it's possible to be sensitive to the additives that are used in a liquid used.

I myself cannot vape any melon flavoured liquid, as it causes me throat irritation to a throat infection.

So another thing that may well be worth trying is unflavoured, as in only the VG/PG base and Nicotine.

And then if needs be you can try different ratios of base and additives added to small quantities, then you can note if there's any reaction.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread