New Vaper. Which E-Cig to pick?

Status
Not open for further replies.

#1 is great because it allows you to vape WHILE charging via mini-USB, but still has a healthy 1000mAH battery charging to be ready to go when you need it. The rubberized finish feels nice in the hand and it can be turned off/on by pressing the button 5 times to be "pocket safe"
#2 DualCoil Cartomizers are the current "New Big Thing"--they have 2 coils running in parallel which means they work great on the eGo batteries and even better on High Voltage mods like the Silver Bullet :vapor:
#3 is a flavor combination that everyone should try. ;)

Wolf

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 10, 2009
Kingston, WA, U.S.A.
There are probably hundreds to choose from. The better question is what will suit your needs? That is more important. There are 808's, 510's, 901's and 801's. There are also a few smaller ones and the cigar and pipe styles. There are adapters to change the atomizer type from something different from what the battery is supposed to use. There are cartridges, cartomizers and tanks. There are hundreds of flavors and different strength Nicotine. Something for everyone. :) You really need to tell us how much and often you smoke to get a better idea of what would work best for you.

I have been at this for 2 years and 4 months. I use mods (see signature) now. I don't like having to constantly charge batteries or carry around a lot of them. I don't care if my PV looks like a cigarette, in fact I'd rather it didn't. The mods I have use 14500 and 18650 batteries. They last me all day or longer depending on how I vape. I have tube mods (Silver Bullet, BB, and OMeGa) and 3 bottom feeder box mods (Phidias). It's all about finding what works for you and what you're comfortable with.

Pamdane

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 10, 2011
Cleveland area, Ohio
I'm with Thulium. It rocks. It will also help you to avoid Step 1. Instead of buying a beginners unit(nothing wrong with that, but going to step 2 saves $$). It will give you the 3.7V experience on an easily learned unit, then when your needing another step, you already have the universal 510 equipment that you will need....

dormouse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 31, 2010
Pennsylvania
The most popular choices - 100mah is about 1 hour of moderate vaping

Joye 510 manual - 180mah, used with blank cartomizers instead of atomizer + cart
Joye 510 with xl manual batteries - 280mah, used with blank cartomizers instead of atomizer+cart

KR808D-1 manual (LiteCigUSA.net, Vapor4Life.com, SmokelessImage Volt) - used with prefilled or blank cartomizers, add another model's atomizer and drip tip for testing juices - 180mah for the shorty and 280mah for the standard size (prefilled is only a small convenience and not even that if you don't like the flavor. Almost everyone adds juice to prefilled cartos to gets days of use out of each)

For longer life and the ability to use LR low resistance atomizers and cartomizers for hotter hits:
Joye Ego or Riva 510 (Liberty-Flights.com and press the 20% off), used with blank cartomizers - 650mah and up

I ended up with all 3 and I enjoy all 3.

Last edited:

AtomizerLove

Moved On
Jul 14, 2011
Miami
Well, thanks so much guys!!!!!!!!!!!! I really appreciate the help.
To clarify, I basically smoke about 10 cigarettes a day. Marlboro Lights.

In terms of what I am looking for in an e-cig, I am not really sure. I tried my friend's V2Cig and the vapor was amazing and so was the flavor. But I know that there are tons of brands out there and I need some direction!

Hoosier

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 26, 2010
Indiana
Any of the suggestions already here are good ones.

I'll guess that Shannon65's and Incantius' are closer to where you'd end up. Fewer "fiddly bits" with those 2 and for some reason you strike me as a non-fiddly person.

Me, myself, and I would be more inclined to go with Thulium's links as I like a high capacity battery and the 510 threads.

Good luck!

i also am going to throw out the suggestion of a Riva 510 kit from liberty flights-
Electronic Cigarette - Starter Kits - Riva 510
why?

You avoid the little ecigs that "look" like a cig and make you charge batteries every two hours.
You get a good voltage vape on and get used to a small cigar type shape manual battery
the price imo cant be beat for what it is
simple to use and learn
and the 510 connection is like the VHS of the vaping world, there are Betamax's out there of course as well that you can get adaptors for, but the 510 connection "is winning"(in the words of Charlie Sheen)

edit:also, as said, the batteries on the Riva will last you most the day before recharge(depending on personal vaping rates)

prometheus

ECF Veteran
Apr 14, 2011
Pittsburgh PA

In terms of what I am looking for in an e-cig, I am not really sure. I tried my friend's V2Cig and the vapor was amazing and so was the flavor. But I know that there are tons of brands out there and I need some direction!

I would avoid v2 if I were you. Nothing but junk from them. Better to get a kr808 at vapor4life as they perform the same only more flavors and cheaper price. If you really want a branded one and company that has their crap together look at the Bloo or Volt ecigs. Both same design/tech. Personally I like the bloog but many like the Volt. I would just stay away from V2 and there old tech carts and bland juice.

mohawkx

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 14, 2011
arizona

If you liked your friends V2Cig then that's the one to go for. The devil you know is better than the devil you don't. Everybody starts somewhere and evolves from there. Maybe 1% of the people who have been vaping for a year or more still use the same PV they started with. Be happy you can start with something you like. Many start with something they paid too much for and don't like.

Astronomer

ECF Veteran
Feb 3, 2011
Modesto Ca
Ok, that helps. I had been looking at a 510 kit from Aqua Vapor and a starter kit from MaxCigs in Texas. Does anyone know anything about these companies? I just won a South Beach Smoke kit so I will try that first and see how it goes.

My daughter uses a standard 510 system... and loves it!

BardicDruid

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 25, 2009
Central Texas
If you only smoke about ten analogs a day a mini with prefilled cartomizers would work just fine for you. Most of what's been mentioned here so far is for heavy smokers (pack a day or more), if what your friend has works for you then get one. Then you'll have someone to vape with and share with.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread