New Vs Old Atomizers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Surf Monkey

Cartel Boss
ECF Veteran
May 28, 2009
Sesame Street
Surf, not to sound antagonistic, but Joye doesn't stamp their product in any way, how can we be sure we are getting joyetech products at all? If someone were to make a knockoff without the washer inserted and the atty is sized the same, how would you know if it's real or not? What if someone took an original Joye atty and put the washer in then it would be a modified joye atty, but still a joye. I have one atty that is marked J-008, not J118. I have seen no evidence that this is or isn't a joye product.

A stamp means nothing. Counterfeiters can stamp their stuff just as easily as Joye can.

As far as knowing what's what goes, the onus is on the seller, IMO. We rely on them to offer us what they say they're offering. That's the whole point of this issue. We just happened to be lucky this time due to the obvious differences between what appear to be JSB atomizers and Joye atomizers.

And again, I'm not blaming InnoVapor here. We don't know if they got these thinking they were Joye hardware or not.

Edit: afterthought, why would anyone make a knockoff that has such obvious visual differences and not suspect to further inquiry and eventual discovery? Inquiring minds....

It's common that 3rd party companies make replica gear that doesn't exactly match the originals. It has to do with cost, manufacturing process, the fact that they had to reverse engineer the product and so forth.

RsL

ECF Veteran
Apr 18, 2009
Minneapolis
Yes, but the clone is called the HiPhone. It is very easy to tell the difference.

Yes and the JSB-510 has it's own unique name and doesn't claim to be a Joye made product. At this point no one knows for sure who this 'new' atty is made by. It appears to be a JSB-510 atty, but until I get my hands on one and compare it to the 'new' 510 atty I got from IV, I'm not going to say for certain that it is a JSB-510 atty.

tromboneking

ECF Veteran
Jun 2, 2009
New Jersey USA
There is only one question that I have...is there anyway that we CAN tell the difference between these crap atts and the good ones? Having a replacement with actual 510 atty would be nice but I'm not asking for one of them. I mean, if I buy from IV or any other supplier, how do I know that I'm getting the ones that fit the carts properly? I went with the 510 because I don't like the flat tips. If I wanted flat tipped carts/mouthpieces, I'd have bought the 901.

Surf Monkey

Cartel Boss
ECF Veteran
May 28, 2009
Sesame Street
I mean, if I buy from IV or any other supplier, how do I know that I'm getting the ones that fit the carts properly?

1) Request "classic" atomizers when you order from InnoVapor.

2) Check the 510 model specific forum. I have a thread there that's for tracking which vendors carry genuine 510 hardware.

Scaralouche

ECF Veteran
Jul 11, 2009
Issaquah, WA
i just got my shipment of 7 of the new attys. the carts look different than the other ones i have, but they fit perfect. the part that goes into the atty is a little wider and shorter than the standard ones. i think they will be fine. i have 3rd party stuff for other things in the house, and havent really had issues with it. xbox, cell phones, you name it. sometimes, generic is just as good.

matter of fact, the only area im NOT allowed to buy impostor goods is when i buy my wife shoes. would love to have bought my wife knock-off manolo blahniks but she wouldnt have it. and then again, when it comes to her happines, neither would i.

KreeL

ECF Veteran
Apr 9, 2009
West Texas
Isn't it ironic when a bunch of noobs started complaining of the wick material 'burning' in the old attys (erroneous that it was) that a company that makes the Blu decided to take it upon themselves to fix the bogus problem by eliminating the wick?

LOL

All originals for me -- WITH the wick. I have been trying to ignore the numerous 'burning wick' threads for weeks. Now you know why. I put absolutely NOTHING past the clowns from the Blu manufacturing group. They flooded this forum with spam for weeks, and who knows about what. I am seeing a trend that they knew of their 'new improved' 510 coming out and wanted to lay some groundwork for sales by making up lies about the Joye products. Well, it's becoming apparent that the real vapers are beginning to catch up to how a certain chinese manufacturer 'works' this forum.

I took some heat weeks ago by saying I wouldn't buy ANYTHING made by that manufacturer, and now I feel vindicated. Good luck with your knockoffs.

lela82

ECF Veteran
Jun 13, 2009
Charlotte, NC
Kreel:

I get what you're saying I really do..BUT I have too pulled the wick out of my "classic" 510 atomizers.

I am just a vapor sitting in my home in Charlotte that has nothing to do with the BLU company whatsoever.

I did order Blu as my first pv. Within a few weeks it was packaged back up, and shipped off to them for a refund. I then ordered a 510 kit from IV and RockyMountainVapor.

My 510 kit from RVM came with (2) "classic" atomizers, and the kit from IV came with (1) "new" atomizer. I will have to tell you from MY experience the "new" atomizers are better in my opinion. The vapor is better, as well as the throat hit. The carts do have a little sweating and this was fixed by taking a pair of needle nose pliers and tightening up the atomizer on the cart.

I also ordered another kit from IV that shipped with 8 atomizers and this time I had specifically asked for the "new" atomizers, because at this point I had had the opportunity to try both and preferred the "new".

By the way you worded your post, I am taking it that you would read my post and feel like I am part of the conspiracy of this company flooding the forums.

lela82

ECF Veteran
Jun 13, 2009
Charlotte, NC
Ha come on now, you are picking on me about my pliers when all of us tinker with our pv's in our own little way to make them work better. Hence the straw method, the tea bag filler, all of the home built mods.

I pulled out the wick out of my classic atomizer AFTER they got loose themselves and YES it made a huge difference in taste!

I am not sure what I am "delusional" about...I just prefer the "new" atomizers.

Bigbob

ECF Veteran
Jun 30, 2009
Salt Lake City, UT
Ha come on now, you are picking on me about my pliers when all of us tinker with our pv's in our own little way to make them work better. Hence the straw method, the tea bag filler, all of the home built mods.

I pulled out the wick out of my classic atomizer AFTER they got loose themselves and YES it made a huge difference in taste!

I am not sure what I am "delusional" about...I just prefer the "new" atomizers.

Just remember the secret conspiracy handshake lela....don't let Kreel know..nudge, nudge, wink, wink....:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

V10Beast

ECF Veteran
Jul 6, 2009
California
Yeah, when I got a hold of the fake atty's, I had to flatten the atty for it to fit. Problem with making the atty's a lil more oval is that the leakage problem becomes more pronounced if you lay your PV down.... notice the line of e-liquid on your desk. I have since laid those fake atty's to rest. Will I send them back to China? Prolly not... too much hassle for a relatively inexpensive item. Chalk it up as a lesson learned to me. I won't order from eastmall again.

BTW, the "better" performance you may notice from the fake attys is prob due to the less break-in period needed, I noticed. Give the real ones a chance to break in and the performance will be there, minus the dripping limitations, leakage, ill fitting carts.... etc.

The Wiz

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 14, 2009
Whiskeyville USA
I just noticed in the eastmall forum they've dumped the "new" attys in favor of traditional wideband atomizers. So it looks like on the whole these things were a disaster.
Bored....Other than the cart issue..these new atomizers from eastmall are working fine for me...nice throat hit...good vapor production.I just poped a 901 cart on there(which fits snug)and solved that particular problem.the question on my mind would be how long they last over the corse of time?As far as the "Now" goes for me...they seem to be doing the job! Time will tell!:)The Wiz!

solonguniverse

ECF Veteran
Jun 8, 2009
Missouri, USA
Bored....Other than the cart issue..these new atomizers from eastmall are working fine for me...nice throat hit...good vapor production.I just poped a 901 cart on there(which fits snug)and solved that particular problem.the question on my mind would be how long they last over the corse of time?As far as the "Now" goes for me...they seem to be doing the job! Time will tell!:)The Wiz!

I'm going to have to agree with you, Wiz. I'm perfectly satisfied right now, but the long-term impression is going to be the most important.

GrimmGreen

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Jan 30, 2009
Carson City, Nevada, United States

+1 for the 901 cart. It fits well and is a WHISTLE TIP!

i only have 1 of these "new" attys ... so we will see how long it actually lasts while performing well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread