new xhaler button.

Status
Not open for further replies.

mixitman

ECF Veteran
Mar 19, 2010
VA
OMG I need to do camo graphics on all the plastic parts (bumpers, plastic on botton 1/5 of doors, rear-view mirrors, etc.) on my Jeep!!! :D

mixitman-albums-leo-picture6801-llamacrossing.html

I think it would be pretty easy to do multiple xhalers at once.. Just line them all up on a pvc tube, and dip them into a seamless graphic pattern holding onto the edges of the tube. When they do things that don't wrap, like dashboards and panels, they can just dip it into the pattern wherever they want. Something like these tubes would take a little more precision, but I don't think it'd be a big deal.

Huffin & Puffin

ECF Veteran
Jul 13, 2009
South Shore Massachusetts
The recommended etching primer gave the perfect base coat per Drew’s instruction.:toast:

The next step was Dupli-Color high temperature wheel paint.

The third and final step was Dupli-Color High Performance clear wheel coating.

Three coats each of primer, paint, and coating were applied with plenty of dry time throughout the process.

When dry, the cylinder was placed in the over at 170 degrees for an hour.

The cylinder remained in the oven and cooled down at the same rate as the oven.

The cylinder was then left to sit out of the oven overnight at room temperature.

After 6 weeks of rented mule abuse there is no wear near the threads or chipping from popping out the switch for cleaning.

Being on my second standard Xhaler switch, I am looking forward to the mod switch arriving.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread