newb question on variable voltage devices

Status
Not open for further replies.

telegraph

ECF Veteran
Mar 24, 2013
TN, USA
I am fairly new here, but have already got great advice from ECF.
My question: what is the best value vv device for new vaper?
I have been vaping for 2 months with no stinkies, but some liquids seem to have no flavor, and I am wondering if variable voltage will help? I have been using 808 batts and like the mini nova tanks with 1.8 ohm atomizer (must use adapter) and the e-smart clearomizers.
I looked at provari, but its way out of my $$ league. Would prefer something on the smaller side if possible. I like new technologies, and don't mind tinkering a bit, but no soldering.
Thanks in advance!

truushot

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 3, 2013
A vape shop near you
You can do far better than that. You can get a starter kit with 2 vv Vision Spinners and some other goodies for far less less than that. Or the Itaste SVD for around 90 but you'll need to buy batteries. MyVaporStore for the Vision Spinners and add ons for 70.00. VaporAlley was 110.00 for one battery and the SVD. Note the SVD is vv/vw plus goodies.

truushot

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 3, 2013
A vape shop near you
I got 1 T3, not a big fan, though it works well when it doesn't gurgle just search the right way to fill it. I also got a vision clearomizer and it was good, but had to replace the wicks fairly quickly as well. I bought some mega carto's that taste better. Using a T3 right now and its good, but I've gone through a few replacements in a week. These can be hit or miss. It also may be my inexperience with them. Watched a video of how to rewick them but it looked like a lot of work. Not ready for that, instead going with the DIY juicing first. Than I'll look at rewicking stuff.

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
Thanks much!
I think I'll go with the spinner. Which is better carto - T3, MT3, EVod or vision clearomizer? So many choices.

Hi Telegraph and welcome to ECF!

Ego-C Twist and Vision Spinner are almost identical, Spinner is a bit cheaper. You can get a Spinner (I'm 99.9% sure that they are made by Vision and adorned with Altsmoke logo) for 20 bucks

AltSmoke.com | Personal Vaporizers | Electronic Cigarette | Ecigs | eGo Spinner Variable Voltage Battery

T3 is a 3 ml clearomizer, MT3 is a T3 in a metal shell, eVod is a smaller MT3 (2,5 ml or so)--they all come with changeable bottom coils. Kanger T2 comes with a changeable top coil. Those are all eGo-threaded heads.

The only ViVi Nova that has the same diameter as your eGo batteries is the Vision Mini Vivi Nova, sometimes called "slim." It is not eGo threaded, though, which means that the external threads of your battery will be left exposed. You can get a sleeve cover if the look bothers you. Top coil heads have some problems with wicking and need to be tilted in order to keep the atomizer wet.

Good luck!

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
Last edited:

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
Well, I use them all--T3, baby T3 and eVods; the only difference is the price of replacement coils. Evod coils can be bought without the base, which brings their price down (almost by half). But I'm sure that Kanger will introduce the same coil-only option for the T3s; just like they did for ProTank.

Other than that, and the capacity, it's the same design.

Only T2 is different because it comes with top coil.

NoleintheNati

ECF Veteran
Feb 24, 2013
The Planet Ohio
I had good luck with the EVODS, hated my T3's. Never tried MT3s. The T3s I had were lifeless cold vapes compared to the EVODs for me. They had more leaking issues than the EVOD, again for me. While overall the design is similar, and there are bad and good clearos of any type, that was my experience. Buying coils or self coiling them.

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
Thanks! This is really helping me get through the maze.

Oh, the maze.

Wrt to eGo threading, maybe this will help:

eGo batteries have both 510 and eGo threading:

ego2e.jpg
[

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
I had good luck with the EVODS, hated my T3's. Never tried MT3s. The T3s I had were lifeless cold vapes compared to the EVODs for me. They had more leaking issues than the EVOD, again for me. While overall the design is similar, and there are bad and good clearos of any type, that was my experience. Buying coils or self coiling them.

Interesting... What wattage were you using your T3s at? I like them at higher voltage, especially those that come with a default 2.4Ω coil. My came with a coil that was actually 2.6Ω, which is pretty high. I prefer 1.8 or 2.2Ω coils in my T3s.

Wrt to leaking, there are a few things one needs to remember when using a T3 or an eVod:

1) Make sure that the atomizer coil is screwed into the base tightly--they often come not fully tightened from the manufacturer, or may have gotten loose through repeated refills.

2) Look at all the inner seals and gaskets to make sure they haven't become dislodged.

3) Make sure that you screw the tank into the base tightly. If it's not tight, it may leak.

4) When you screw your eVod into your battery, do not overtighten--screw it in only until it makes contact--no farther, or you may push the center post in too deep and cause all kinds of problems, including leaking. When the draw becomes tight or the taste and vapor production begin to diminish, replace the coil. This will happen sooner (even as soon as one day of heavy use) if you're using dark, viscous, or very sweet juices. The old coil can be cleaned and dry burned.

and

5) Make sure you're not getting juice in the center tube when you're filling--this will cause your eVod to leak like a sieve. If some juice gets into the tube, close the top cap and blow gently through the clearomizer to get rid of any excess eliquid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread