newbie!! and a little nervous...

Status
Not open for further replies.

lexus bree

Jun 10, 2011
utah
After tons of research, I just order my first e cig starter kit from vapor4life! I ordered 24mg wow coffee sampler carts. I started reading threads just now and have stumbled across a few people posting about bad reactions to their first time vaping :( was 24 mg too high to start out at?? Does anybody have any words of advice for a newbie??? Thanks!!! :)

Critter Man

ECF Veteran
Feb 7, 2010
Minnesota
Don't be nervous, symptoms of nicotine overdose appear long before any real risk exists. Bad reactions are not as common as they seem here. Folks rarely speak out when things are going well. Bad reactions actually aren't that bad, just stop vaping until they go away.

24 mg/mL is a bit on the strong side, but that just means you can't chain-vape it. Take a couple of puffs, then put it down. See how you feel. If you find you'd like to vape more but can't because you feel light-headed or sick (usually the first signs you've had too much nicotine), you'll need to get lower nic juice. You've done nothing wrong, but if you were a light smoker, you'll want juice that is maybe 18, 16, or even 12 mg/mL. For now, just take it slow. Also, try not to vape for a while before you go to bed: nicotine can keep you up.

I assume you are trying to replace cigarettes with vaping. If that's the case, don't feel bad if you can't make the transition right away. It takes time to adjust to vaping. Keep your questions coming, and we'll get you through this :2cool:

Welcome to the party! :party:

I love v4l...I got the XL starter kit and everything works good for me...I never liked 510's or Attys, I think there to much of a hassle, with less than decent results...I'm not a vape king, I don't know it all, but up to date v4l models and carts are the ebst I have dealt with...The Passthrough is nice cause I don't waste battery power when I'm on the road or in my room or anywhere else my laptop might be...The disposable carts are extrememly cheap and can be used multiple times...Everytime I have some extra money I order more just to have, but basically use cart and refill it until the taste is off or the vapor production is low...When either happens toss em to the side but don't throw em away..When you have a couple like that and have a few more to use in the mean time, boil them blow them out and set them threaded side down to dry out for 24 hours...When it's all done, bam basically a brand new cartomizer...I have maybe 50 or 60 in total and probably have only had less than 5 die thus far....Also if you need a cheap liquid V4L is cool...But that's the only one single problem with v4l is the liquid isn't top notch...So I order all my parts from v4l, but I prefer blue mist vaping for liquid...

In general it is through trial and error that you discover what you like what works for you etc etc...It's never the best the first time, liquid isn;t always what you expect etc...Another reason I like blue mist vapor is they do samples...The twenty dollar sample (after shipping and handling 26 in the US) comes with 5 different 10ml flavors and stengths of your choice...I started on 24 and went to 36 never had a problem, but I'm starting to ween down next time I order the liquid...I only did it because in my head it was just an extra precaution to avoid feening a cigarette...But yeah best of luck to you, if something goes wrong but a forum, PV's are amazing it jsut sometimes takes a little while to get used to...Good luck

It's early where I am...I normally post around 6-10 pm eastern...Life gets in the way, I have no commitment, and sometimes there just isn't stuff worth responding to...Your lucky enough to find the forums...Alot of people see me with it, decide to roder the first thign they find, and hate it give up entirely and live life ignorant and stubborn e.e

Critter Man

ECF Veteran
Feb 7, 2010
Minnesota
Wow thanks! I honestly had no idea if I'd even get a response or anything! I've never done the whole forum thing before... :oops:

Noob questions are always jumped on by whoever is browsing at the time. The first response to my first post contained an apology for it being 20 minutes after I posted :lol:

You asked a good question, it makes it easier to answer. You are now part of a community, so feel free to post about anything you are wondering about. Try to search first, but don't worry if you ask something that someone may have brought up sometime in the past. Make sure you read the rules (http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/announcements-rules/51178-forum-rules.html) and you'll be fine. Cheers :toast:

haft2doit

ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2010
erie, PA
You will do just fine don't worry. 24 is on the high side. If someone is starting I normally would recommend 16-18mg and go up or down from there. On the other hand you will get a good jolt of nicotine to ward off cravings. Take it one puff at a time and don't rush or think you can't smoke a cigarette. Vaping naturally eases you away from cigs at whatever pace you feel comfortable. Took me a month to get off the cigs completely, and over 6 months even the thought of a cig drifted away. Over 2 years down now and feels great. If you have any issues with the nic content you will just have to adjust your use while ordering a lower or higher nic juice.

A few suggestions for you-
- Always have at least 2 backup atomizers/cartomizers (5 backups is probably better with cartomizers)
- Have at least 2 batteries (for the mini kr808 or 510 I like to have 4)
- Keep track of how much juice you need for 3-4 days so you know you'll make it when waiting for more to ship. (running out will be a bummer)
- A passthrough can be a lifesaver, and also saves use of batteries

Those are just the basics. There is so much info around to assimilate, and so many things to try. Just start vaping away. If you have questions the people here on the forum are very nice and helpful. I wish you the best of luck and happy vaping.

Yeah really. People on here are cool...Bunch of people that want to explore and share their knowledge of e-cigs...Not like most other forums..People disagree and theres a couple of .......s but in general EFC is pretty legit in every form...I only know so much, but feel free to send a message whenever if you have a question...I'm a V4L pro anyhow XD

VapingRulz

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 19, 2009
Florida
WowCoffee in 24mg is my favorite all-day vape! Sometimes I go with 36mg, usually in the morning with my coffee and after dinner. I also keep 18mg on hand for days when I feel like chain-vaping.

Assuming you like the flavor, it would probably be a good idea to order some different strengths of liquid so you can change the nicotine levels easily if you need to.

Welcome and good luck!

madmartyr72

ECF Veteran
May 22, 2011
IN
Welcome aboard!

I started off vaping 24mg and did just fine for about the first week and a half before I started getting OD symptoms. I then moved down to 12mg and it seemed fine until I had a very stressful day and realized it wasn't enough. I am now vaping 18mg and it seems to be about right. If you find that your 24mg is a little too strong, you can buy a bottle of Glycerin from just about any drug store or Walmart for a few bucks and dilute your dosage down some. Be warned however, it will also weaken the taste.

studio52

ECF Veteran
May 11, 2011
Meridian MS
In this forum, there are lots of interested people, so a question very rarely goes unanswered. Experiment with nic levels. I started out thinking 48mg was what I needed...but any level nic juice can be good, I find now I try and limit my nic levels to between 12 and 18 mg to slowly get out of the nicotene habit, I can enjoy a good vape with tons of vapor and flavor with little to no nic mg.

Nyte

ECF Veteran
Jun 7, 2011
Georgia
Welcome Lexus! You are among very good, knowledgeable people here so take heart in that. :) I, myself am VERY new...as in I'm so new, my first PV hasn't even arrived yet! I've found a new home on the interwebs in ECF.

I had the same worry that you did yesterday, so I ordered some 12mg juice just in case.

Have fun and happy vaping!

Sgt.Taz

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 5, 2010
Chicago,IL.
www.youtube.com
Welcome- I started out at 24mg and haven't looked back. I think only once I over nic'ed while chain vaping. It all depends on your tolerance level. I started out by still hanging around the smokers, as you don't run out on a PV to give you an idea of how much time you've been using it. I would go out with the group and stop when they did. After a couple of weeks I could just use it when I wanted it and started to get my smell and taste buds back. Now I still use 24mg and enjoy being able to vape where ever and when ever (within reason of course ;) ) But good luck and we are all here to help.

Worldgod

ECF Veteran
Mar 31, 2011
Spokane
Welcome to ecf...lots of good people and info here for sure.

I started with 24mg and 36mg. 36 is a little too much for me. I use the 24 all day long...morning, noon and night. I was a PaD+ smoker for over 20 years. 36 probably would have been right if I used it like I did cigs and I didn't like vaping sooooo much. My PVs hardly ever leave my hand :)

My 2c...

--WG

CowboyGoggles

ECF Veteran
Jan 2, 2012
Huntsville, AL
Good Vibes ITT. Good place to drop this requisite 5th post to move closer full access. teeheehee.

I agree there, tho. I started off at 36mg when i was kicking the habit b/c at the time I was SURE that there was no way that a PV (at any strength) was gonna fill the void that analogs would leave behind. but I was wrong! now cut almost all my juices with a little pure VG to take the sting out. be vaping a year in march!

ianlm

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 1, 2012
Louisville, KY
www.ianmassey.com
I have been smoking a pack a day for 17 years or so. been puffing on blu disposables while waiting for my PV gear to arrive - they're 24mg. Found them to be too potent to vape as much as I wanted to. Also found that vaping does the trick for me 100%, even with these little crappy things I have had no desire for a regular cig. Psyched for my real stuff to arrive! Congrats on taking the leap.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread