Newbie Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

NickSteel

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 4, 2012
Napa, California
Have just started with a Metro kit. Need to purchase a better starter kit for regular use. I have read the forums and general advice, but most date back a year or so and the number of choices are confusing for a newbie. Just need to know a good, current, dependable starter model to order. I want a normal cigarette size and do plan to refill with a combination of new cartridges and e-liquid. While cost is always a factor, I am more interested in "best bang for the buck" rather than absolute lowest cost.

Any advice would be most appreciated.

TN_Snoopy

Verified Member
Jan 13, 2012
Cookeville, TN
If you "must" have a normal cig size, then the batteries from Vapor4Life are great. They have both auto and manual batteries, in 3 or 4 different lengths. I used them for a long time. I like smoktek and Kanger cartomizers, just make sure you get them to match the threads on your battery. V4L bats are 808.

If you are looking for a good starter kit, then the V4L kit is a good place to look.

If you don't "HAVE" to have cig size, then go with an eGo starter kit. You will like it better. I love the twist. It's a variable voltage eGo. SweetVapes has them in a kit, but to be honest, if you are going eGo, I would just buy a battery or two you like, with a charger, and then get your carts/attys somewhere else. No reason to have a "starter" kit. The eGo's are 510 (mostly).

So, is that absolutely no help at all? :)

zapped

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 30, 2009
Richmond, Va...Right in Altria's back yard.

Ghostrider

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 6, 2012
Afghanistan
Is eGo-T Royal Starter Kit with Juice on Amazon a good choice?
Stay away from the ego T unless you dont mind it leaking and getting dry hits. My recommendation, get away from the ones that look like cigs....they just dont perform well compared to whats out there. Get an ego twist or vision spinner, with a mini vivi nova tank. And for the love of god, dont order anything off of amazon lol. Not that Amazon is not trustworthy, but there are so many knockoffs and junk people try to pass off for cheap and then come on here wondering why their super duper starter kit doesnt perform. go to madvapes.com or some other reputable vendor so you dont get screwed. Do some more reading on ECF BEFORE you make a purchase....it will save you money, I promise.

fourthrok

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
Watertown, NY
I second the suggestion for the Smokeless Image Volt Smokeless Image | The Best Electronic Cigarette

Solid equipment and great customer service...plus good prices and selection. Great place to start out, and there is plenty of selection...even eGo sized batteries (X2). Lots of accessories too that makes vaping more FUN!

NickSteel

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 4, 2012
Napa, California
The tank sounds like a good idea. Is there a preference between an ego twist or vision spinner and will a mini vivi nova tank fit either? What size batteries are best? I am reading everything I can (there's so much!). This may be my best way to go, as it is difficult to sort everything out. Can change later, but need something that works ok to start with.

Ghostrider

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 6, 2012
Afghanistan
Some like the spinner because you can see the voltage marks a little better than the twist, they make them in different sizes (mah) the higher the number, the longer the battery lasts and the taller the device is. I personally can get away with a 650mah and it lasts me all day. Others go through it in 5 hours. It really depends on how much you vape. I would say start off with a 900mah and charger of course. You will need a backup should something happen to the one you have i.e fall in the toilet, lol. After you try it out and see how long it lasts for you, then pickup a spare. If the 900mah lasts you 2 full days lol, get the 650mah....otherwise if it lasts half a day, get the 1300mah spinner. Yes the mini vivi nova will fit both as well as anything with a 510 connection. You wont be sorry with either setup. The hard part now is finding the juice you like.

Bullette the Cowdog

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 5, 2012
Treasure Coast, FL
The tank sounds like a good idea. Is there a preference between an ego twist or vision spinner and will a mini vivi nova tank fit either? What size batteries are best? I am reading everything I can (there's so much!). This may be my best way to go, as it is difficult to sort everything out. Can change later, but need something that works ok to start with.
Ego twist & spinner batteries are quite similar.
Spinner is easier to read the settings.
If you want battery to last all day, choose at least an 1100 mah. If you want battery to last half day, choose a 650 mah.

NickSteel

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 4, 2012
Napa, California
510 Vision V2 Clearomizer eGo Tank Kit
sounds like everything I would need, of course I will order some e-liquid. I know all tastes are different, but trying to find something to start with. Also, what car chargers will work with this? They caution using other chargers and it comes with a home charger.

If it works ok, will order another for the wife.

Last edited:

Irishgal55

ECF Veteran
Nov 6, 2012
New Jersey
It's already been stated on here twice, but I'm going to say it anyways...Smokeless Image is an amazing company, and you will not be dissappointed! They have everything you will need to have a very awesome vaping experience. Not only do they have the smaller "cig-like" ecigs, but they also have the Volt X2 which is an Ego style pv in case you would like to upgrade later on. Their starter kits are really reasonably priced, and they sell lots of fun accessories to go with it. If you have any questions/problems, their customer service is excellent as well. Check them out ~ you'll be glad you did!

Ghostrider

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 6, 2012
Afghanistan
510 Vision V2 Clearomizer eGo Tank Kit
sounds like everything I would need, of course I will order some e-liquid. I know all tastes are different, but trying to find something to start with. Also, what car chargers will work with this? They caution using other chargers and it comes with a home charger.
Ummm, thats not it. I have not yet seen a "starter kit" for these yet. The spinner and twist are both variable volt (so you can adjust it to your taste) these dont have those adjustments. Also, there will be no need for you to have a car charger, these last ALL DAY.

Looks like madvapes only has the full size vivi nova not the mini. Try gotvapes.com (although their prices are high and they rip you off on the mini vivi nova, you are supposed to get 3 replaceable heads with it, they only give you one and make you buy additional ones)

Ghostrider

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 6, 2012
Afghanistan
It's already been stated on here twice, but I'm going to say it anyways...Smokeless Image is an amazing company, and you will not be dissappointed! They have everything you will need to have a very awesome vaping experience. Not only do they have the smaller "cig-like" ecigs, but they also have the Volt X2 which is an Ego style pv in case you would like to upgrade later on. Their starter kits are really reasonably priced, and they sell lots of fun accessories to go with it. If you have any questions/problems, their customer service is excellent as well. Check them out ~ you'll be glad you did!
I started with smokeless image....then I grew up. they were "good" but not great. And I can get "more fun" accessories elsewhere lol. Good company, just easy to outgrow.

NickSteel

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 4, 2012
Napa, California
Ummm, thats not it. I have not yet seen a "starter kit" for these yet. The spinner and twist are both variable volt (so you can adjust it to your taste) these dont have those adjustments. Also, there will be no need for you to have a car charger, these last ALL DAY.

Looks like madvapes only has the full size vivi nova not the mini. Try gotvapes.com (although their prices are high and they rip you off on the mini vivi nova, you are supposed to get 3 replaceable heads with it, they only give you one and make you buy additional ones)

Are "spinner and twist" batteries?
If I add a mini vivi nova tank to a spinner and twist, do I only have to add a charger?

If there are no kits, how is the best way for me to put all this together?

I apologize for my confusion, but want to get a good set that is easy to refill.

Last edited:

vn vaper

Nov 21, 2012
bloomington,il
Are "spinner and twist" batteries? If I add a mini vivi nova tank to a spinner and twist, do I only have to add a charger?If there are no kits, how is the best way for me to put all this together?I apologize for my confusion, but want to get a good set that is easy to refill.
yes. im using ego twist with kanger t3 clearomizer from litecigusa.net, upgrade from cig alike kit and its awesome, a word of warning since you are lookinng for cig alike in your post. this will be huge for you as it was for me at first. 7-8 inches long...

NickSteel

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 4, 2012
Napa, California
yes. im using ego twist with kanger t3 clearomizer from litecigusa.net, upgrade from cig alike kit and its awesome, a word of warning since you are lookinng for cig alike in your post. this will be huge for you as it was for me at first. 7-8 inches long...

Joye EGO-C Twist 1000mah Manual Battery ?

I guess I have to take the larger size to get the convenience.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread