Newbie from México

Status
Not open for further replies.

EnrieC

Feb 17, 2019
Tehuacan, Mexico
I'm a puny tootlepuffer with a ton of setups, it lasts me days and days.

I hope you find a creative way to get some stuff you want into Mexico.

I may very soon be living very near The Wall, a rather porous area of the wall but most likely not in the direction you want and ALSO I would never commit any US/Mexico vaping crime that strikes me as extremely dangerous frankly but most certainly I will be VISITING Mexico from time to time. I'd imagine. If I can get the husband on board he went to Tijuana once and I have NO CLUE what happened but he's very scared of Mexico for reasons I cannot fathom.

I think it's a great place to visit. To live, perhaps not so much.

Anna

There are shops and web stores with many options, but some things are difficult to get.

Not all places are dangerous, news are some dramatic and sensationalist. Anyway, we expect changes about it.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I have liked Mexico every time I have visited, which was once. To be fair, I would have liked it more had it not been my mommy taking me to her "oh so great" Mexican dentist to like see about implants. The dentist did not wear gloves, his hands were hairy and it was just upsetting. I got sick about a week later. The good news was his price was artificially high so I could legitimately go to a REAL dentist to like, get the implants done.

The rest of it (I sat outside smoking, in Nogales, and everyone was like BEWARE THE DUDES and stuff which I thought was OTT) but anyway I was smoking and various vendors were like cajoling me to come look at their wares (I think) but I just started shrieking at them (I am loud) until they actually ran away saying the Spanish equivalent of "I am not a coyote," pretty much.

I would have enjoyed entering a "pharmacia" but like, my mom would not allow it, like I was gonna buy some fake tramadol right under her NOSE or something. I was just curious what they had.

I did save her from instant death by snatching her off the road saying "Yes mom it is a crosswalk but you need to pay attention that no one in a car seems to care about that...." I also was able to purchase her an actual SUGAR Mexican cola by like letting her know that NO absolutely not would the Mexican soda vendor prefer pesos, and also showing her the little "bottle cap" thing where she could open it, after I sort of sign languaged the whole transition.

So I would very much say I acted like an American but DUDE the guys were loud about their wares, so I was loud back. It was fantastic, actually. Except for like, the dentist he was gross.

I will be learning Spanish though so I can be more culturally you know, with it. I really don't expect the totally harmless and really kind of sweet Mexican farmworkers I will be treating to know my language, and etc. We have translators... But I will learn anyway. I speak French that will make it harder/easier I'm thinking. I mean they're both romance languages.

Anna

Reactions: EnrieC

ScottP

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2013
Houston, TX
I also was able to purchase her an actual SUGAR Mexican cola

I will be learning Spanish though so I can be more culturally you know, with it.

I have been to Mexico twice, did a bunch of tours, even climbed the pyramid at Chichen Itza. I enjoyed it a lot. I DO LOVE the Mexican Coke with real sugar (the way it used to be here before they switched to HFCS).

As far as learning Spanish to go, you really only need to know two phrases: "Mas Tequila/Cerveza por favor" and "Donde el bano?".

Here is the pyramid I climbed at Chichen Itza, in the picture it's only about 78ft tall but it is quite steep. So each step is quite a bit taller and narrower then a normal step we are used to climbing. On top looking down it almost feels like it is more vertical than it is. You definitely don't want to fall.

large.jpg

Looking up the steps:
6871777903_90e3f6d9bf_z.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread