• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Newbie help: how much mg suitable for..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aldris

Oct 11, 2016
Hello guys, I'm new to vaping.. And I just gotten a kangertech subox nano. Also purchased a 0mg blueberry juice and 16mg blueberry juice. I read around that for sub ohm vaping is not suitable for beginners and is best to be kept at 6mg maximum. But I still don't understand why it must be kept at 6mg max. Is it that it will spoil the device, or are there other reasons? Need more layman terms rather than those advance ones on the net. And also, is it possible to mix the 0mg w the 16mg of the same brand to achieve 8mg? Thanks in advance!

sawlight

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 2, 2009
Kansas
It's to keep you from getting nic sick when first starting out. Try the 16, it's not going to kill you by any means. But if your belly gets upset, you get lightheaded etc., it's too much for you.
With vaping there are no hard set rules, it's all personal taste and what you need for nicotine.
So try it, if it's too much you can dilute it down with your 0mg juice.

Reactions: Aldris

errolng

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 28, 2013
Home
sub ohm vaping has to do with the resistance and not the nic content.
no harm going for the 16mg and see how it goes.
it also depends on how you vape and your set up.
a few years ago most people vaped at much higher nics than they do now.
i started at 21 or 24 and have since dropped to 3 over time.

also, if you're vaping msia juices, the nic content is always lower than stated

Reactions: Aldris

Aldris

Oct 11, 2016
Firstly, thanks guys for the reply.

16mg it will not spoil your device . maybe it will spoil your throat nia....

yap you can mixed them up.

It's to keep you from getting nic sick when first starting out. Try the 16, it's not going to kill you by any means. But if your belly gets upset, you get lightheaded etc., it's too much for you.
With vaping there are no hard set rules, it's all personal taste and what you need for nicotine.
So try it, if it's too much you can dilute it down with your 0mg juice.

Yeah the 16mg is a bit sick for me cuz just one puff and gong gong like pure vodka x 10 hahah.. That being said is it also possible to mix w other brands?

sub ohm vaping has to do with the resistance and not the nic content.
no harm going for the 16mg and see how it goes.
it also depends on how you vape and your set up.
a few years ago most people vaped at much higher nics than they do now.
i started at 21 or 24 and have since dropped to 3 over time.

also, if you're vaping msia juices, the nic content is always lower than stated

Yeah! I'm vaping us juice. Hahh just thought maybe I will overwork the coil or sth. And like mentioned above, one deep puff can actually make me literally feel my lungs inside out LOL so I was actually wondering if the nic content was too strong for me or was it because I am new to vaping..

Aldris

Oct 11, 2016
16mg shouldn't be any stronger than a normal cig.
how heavy a smoker were u?

I usually smoke 5-7 ciggs a day, or a pack on drinking nights. But I feel that 16mg in my subox nano on 30watts is a bit too overwhelming. I read online that people do 16mg on 10watts in the past, and also that if your nicotine content is high, you use lower watts. But do people actually lower the subox nano to 10watts for 16mg??
I'm quite new to this whole vaping thing and have lots of unknowns to find out because of that one puff of 16mg @ 30watts. LOLOL #unpleasantexperience

I read the high nic / low watt thing on this web
http://..................com/threads/a-question-about-sub-ohm-tanks-and-nicotine-levels.78076/

Aldris

Oct 11, 2016
when higher nic was the norm, the max watts for regulated mods were in the 12ish range.
what juice do you have btw?

I have a USA nicotech 16mg blueberry juice and 16mg cola juice and another 0mg blueberry.. Intending to mix the 16mg and 0mg ones tgt cuz I feel that the nic is a bit strong. But not sure if i should make it 8mg (1:1) or 5.33mg (2:1). And I haven't mastered the technique of vapour production, not sure whether it's cuz the nic content in juice is too high for me to be comfortable to suck in more, or whether I'm just new to vaping!

I used to smoke about 15 to 20 a day. Prefer 3mg (US) nowadays. Naked 100 juices has become my favourite. Light yellow and wick stays clean. 50watts SS316L. 0.35 ohms. Temp control.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Really?? I'm looking for great juices too! what flavour do you vape? I wanna try The Milkman Original & Churrios!

Khanninnarh

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2016
I have a USA nicotech 16mg blueberry juice and 16mg cola juice and another 0mg blueberry.. Intending to mix the 16mg and 0mg ones tgt cuz I feel that the nic is a bit strong. But not sure if i should make it 8mg (1:1) or 5.33mg (2:1). And I haven't mastered the technique of vapour production, not sure whether it's cuz the nic content in juice is too high for me to be comfortable to suck in more, or whether I'm just new to vaping!

Really?? I'm looking for great juices too! what flavour do you vape? I wanna try The Milkman Original & Churrios!

Naked 100 - Lava Flow. Amazing Mango. Hawaiian Pog. All 3mg. These are by far the best juices to me. At 3 mg. it's smooth as silk and tastes really really good. Light on Color and your wick stays light yellow all the time. Also very forgiving on the coils.

One Hit Wonder - Milkman. 6mg. But I think 3mg will be better as the 6mg to me is a bit strong. But ok when mixed with the Naked 100 juices. Quite nicely to be honest. Adds a creamy taste to the juices. Milkman has been my all day vape. You have to give it a chance at the beginning. It has some similarities to Cuttwood Unicorn Milk. 180ml price is quite reasonable. Only thing to note is to change the wick often for a better taste. If I decide to get the next bottle it will probably be 3mg.

Cuttwood - Unicorn Milk and Boss Reserve. 3mg
Unicorn Milk is really nice and smooth. Tastes milky and sweet. Just be careful of chain vaping.

Boss reserve - although it has banana in it. It tastes more on the nutty side. But very nice when mixed with Milkman.

Vaping on a Therion 75DNA. SS316L at 0.35 ohms. 50watts. Temp 270. Limitless RDTA Plus. Muji Cotton.

I have to say I'm done with MY juices. Worried about the coloring they put in there in fact I'm staying away from all coloured juices and seeking out only those with lab test results.

Hope this helps you decide. Research before you buy.

Aldris

Oct 11, 2016
Naked 100 - Lava Flow. Amazing Mango. Hawaiian Pog. All 3mg. These are by far the best juices to me. At 3 mg. it's smooth as silk and tastes really really good. Light on Color and your wick stays light yellow all the time. Also very forgiving on the coils.

One Hit Wonder - Milkman. 6mg. But I think 3mg will be better as the 6mg to me is a bit strong. But ok when mixed with the Naked 100 juices. Quite nicely to be honest. Adds a creamy taste to the juices. Milkman has been my all day vape. You have to give it a chance at the beginning. It has some similarities to Cuttwood Unicorn Milk. 180ml price is quite reasonable. Only thing to note is to change the wick often for a better taste. If I decide to get the next bottle it will probably be 3mg.

Cuttwood - Unicorn Milk and Boss Reserve. 3mg
Unicorn Milk is really nice and smooth. Tastes milky and sweet. Just be careful of chain vaping.

Boss reserve - although it has banana in it. It tastes more on the nutty side. But very nice when mixed with Milkman.

Vaping on a Therion 75DNA. SS316L at 0.35 ohms. 50watts. Temp 270. Limitless RDTA Plus. Muji Cotton.

I have to say I'm done with MY juices. Worried about the coloring they put in there in fact I'm staying away from all coloured juices and seeking out only those with lab test results.

Hope this helps you decide. Research before you buy.

Ahh thanks so much for the flavour suggestion! I really appreciate it, hahahh.. Now I just cannot produce much vapour, not sure whether it's cuz I'm a Newbie or cuz 16mg is too high a content to vape even at 10watts

M9Clouds

Verified Member
Jul 7, 2016
Hello guys, I'm new to vaping.. And I just gotten a kangertech subox nano. Also purchased a 0mg blueberry juice and 16mg blueberry juice. I read around that for sub ohm vaping is not suitable for beginners and is best to be kept at 6mg maximum. But I still don't understand why it must be kept at 6mg max. Is it that it will spoil the device, or are there other reasons? Need more layman terms rather than those advance ones on the net. And also, is it possible to mix the 0mg w the 16mg of the same brand to achieve 8mg? Thanks in advance!
its not gonna damage your device, when i started a couple of months back i bought the same mix of juices and just mixed them in my tank as i went along. i have a syringe that i used to mix them. only problem with using anything more then 6mg when u start is IMO, u'll probably start chain vaping because its so smooth thus u may end up needing a higher amount of nic in the long run compared to when u started... i have a friend who went back to analog since he found it even harder to stop after 2 years of vaping.

Aldris

Oct 11, 2016
its not gonna damage your device, when i started a couple of months back i bought the same mix of juices and just mixed them in my tank as i went along. i have a syringe that i used to mix them. only problem with using anything more then 6mg when u start is IMO, u'll probably start chain vaping because its so smooth thus u may end up needing a higher amount of nic in the long run compared to when u started... i have a friend who went back to analog since he found it even harder to stop after 2 years of vaping.

Ahhh this makes much sense! I've already mixed the 0mg w 16mg and now it feels so so much better! May I also ask when I should refill the tank with ejuice? Do I refill just before my juice goes below the cotton hole or can I vape till it goes below the cotton point where we prime it? And also if I change to another flavour eg cola, do I have to wash it? Or can I just add it into the blueberry and it will slowly take over?

somdcomputerguy

vaper dedicato
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
    do I have to wash it? Or can I just add it into the blueberry and it will slowly take over?

If you like blueberry coke, then it's okay. Haha.

You will taste a combination of what was in there and what is in there now. The newly added flavor will take over, or you can wash as recommended to get rid of the previous flavor.

Aldris

Oct 11, 2016
    You're using the RBA or the OCC coils? I'll fill once I'm past the wick holes tho.

I would suggest changing the wick, dry burning the coils, wash the tank then change the flavour. Mixing it gives you weird flavor and nic level.

If you like blueberry coke, then it's okay. Haha.

Hahahah I'm using occasionally coils! I heard subox nano coil comes premade so if the wick is in the coil (I'm not so sure) then I will have to change the entire coil, which is a bit economically not feasible cuz I've only used it for a week! Hahh :( and also do you smoke past the top or bottom of the wick? Wick = the cotton that u prime?

You will taste a combination of what was in there and what is in there now. The newly added flavor will take over, or you can wash as recommended to get rid of the previous flavor.

Is it possible to wash the coil? (Sorry if it sounds noob) lol cuz the coil comes premade.. The only thing I feel safe to wash is the glass tank Itself Hahah

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread