• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Newbie help: how much mg suitable for..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Woohoowoohoo

ECF Veteran
Jul 24, 2016
My bad, just googled the Nano does not have a rba. (Not confirmed tho)

I assume you're using the OCC which is the pre-made coil head (Its not even economically feasible to get the replacement head which is priced ridiculously in the black market)

Top or bottom of the wick? There's a hole on the side where the juice will flow into the coil head, once it's past that hole, I'll refill.

It's possible to wash the coil, google how to rewick those premade coil heads.

Personally, my advice is use the tank for now if it doesn't come with an RBA, the replacement coil heads when you're done with your supplies is not economically friendly. Source for one that is able to rebuild.

Aldris

Oct 11, 2016
My bad, just googled the Nano does not have a RBA. (Not confirmed tho)

I assume you're using the OCC which is the pre-made coil head (Its not even economically feasible to get the replacement head which is priced ridiculously in the black market)

Top or bottom of the wick? There's a hole on the side where the juice will flow into the coil head, once it's past that hole, I'll refill.

It's possible to wash the coil, google how to rewick those premade coil heads.

Personally, my advice is use the tank for now if it doesn't come with an RBA, the replacement coil heads when you're done with your supplies is not economically friendly. Source for one that is able to rebuild.

Ahh, sorry just to confirm, past the hole means past part of the hole, or once it passes the entire hole? I understand that we can wash the coil, but not advisable to reuse the cotton/wick inside? Must change it out after washing?

Aldris

Oct 11, 2016
Aiyo, does it matter so much. Hahah. I'll fill once its past the hole.

Yes change the cotton inside. It's gonna be hard to work with the occ coils to change the cotton, at least it's hard for me. Haha.

Hahah icic yeah cuz Im quite noob heh. Btw it's safe to change the cotton in remade coils but not safe to change the coil inside right??

Aldris

Oct 11, 2016
The coil should come out together with the cotton, be very careful when you remove the cotton to rewick!

Sorry to ask hahah but what do I have to be careful about HAHAH.. and i think its vertical coil and youtube tutorials show that its better to just take the cotton out and leave the coil inside though

edit: my bad.. the video is horizontal coil hahah.. but one coil is about 3sgd so i guess it's okay? how often do you rewick?

Last edited:

Khanninnarh

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2016
One coil is $3? Wow, idk about you but one spool of 100ft kanthal is $5++, that can make a ridiculous amount of coils. and the ohms can be determined by you, totally rebuildable.

think long term, it's more cost efficient. i rewick when i change juice, maybe 2/3 days? botak rewick when he's bored. HAHA.

I rewick Everyday. Just to keep it fresh.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Woohoowoohoo

ECF Veteran
Jul 24, 2016
HAHAH YOU GUYS CUT ME SOME SLACK ;') I'm just a noob hehh and I think the subox nano uses premade coils. And I just bought it.. Hahah lemme at least use awhile before upgrading to sth more advance :D but it's nice knowing you guys man

Once you used a better rebuildable, you'll never go back.

M9Clouds

Verified Member
Jul 7, 2016
if your using it in RBA mode u can definately wash the coils... but if your using the OCC coils then i would suggest u learn about RTAs... my first kit was already an RTA and my 2 day experience with OCC coils was pretty ....ty(dumb me ran out of wires)... but RTA offer so much more options for wicking for different VG/PG juices... less burnt wicks + less juice wastage = more time to enojoy your juice...

on a second note, it is possible to replace and re-wick OCC coils.. there are some nice vids you can find on YT that show you clearly what u need and how to do it.

dont worry about mixxing juices, try it and you will learn how to swap flavors as u go along.. plus u wont taste the mixxed up juices after about 5-6 pulls as u will start to burn off the previous ejuice..... i personally dont vape below 1/4 the tank but thats my preference.. for OCC coils i think once u go below the wicking holes means its time to refill... my RBA deck allows me to vape the tank dry before i burn the cotton.

FYI i got lucky cause the guy who sold me my setup was a good friend who had a spare set lying around collecting dust.. so i had alot of good tips from him and when i bought it from him i spent about an hour just learning to wick and vape right... GL

Wildist

May 14, 2017
Hi Guys,

Interesting topic, i would like to add some information for sharing purposes. FYI i am new to this forum, just joined today! So it's nice to meet you all. But i am not new to vaping at all. in fact i live abroad in a country where vaping is not illegal, so i have access to a vapeshop and i would like to share with you what i have learnt. hopefully it helps everyone out.

Nic Content:
The topic of nicotine content being high in the past (16mg / 20mg / 32mg) is due to the fact that when E Cigarettes first came into the market(10 years back) the devices used were very simple and not as sophisticated as the regulated mods we have now. A lot of the earlier atomizers were meant to be manufactured industrially as a cigarette replacement, and a lot of them were designed to be a)disposable, and b) used to mimic a real analog cigarette. The idea was that you would inhale one cartridge as a replacement of one cigarette. Also, the earlier format of juices were predominantly nicotine in a PG solution (hence earlier atomisers did not produce much vapor, if any lao jiao from that era got try before they will know what im saying) the addition of flavors and sweeteners are only a very recent invention (maybe 5/6 years ago?).

Hence, the cartridges were really high in nicotine, much similar to an analog. However, as vaping got more sophisticated, the PV's got better, bigger and more powerful over time. And the reason the higher nicotine juices fell out of fashion is because when vaporized by a modern, more powerful device, it will vaporize at much more vigorous rate, which is not palatable for most people. Therefore, most modern juices you see are bottled at 3mg / 6mg / and 9mg (very rare) to accommodate the more serious mods. It was not common in the past to see 30mg juices because they would vaporize much slower with the older atomisers.

One last thing to add, the maximum a juice can go is 36mg. whereby any more than 36mg of nicotine concentration will actually start to be poisonous and become unsafe for vaping.

Hope that helps answer your question in more detail

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread