Newbie here, my new DES901, & 510, both stopped vaping?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rogue

ECF Veteran
Nov 11, 2009
Milford, Pa.
On the advice of this forum, before I became a member, I picked up both a DSE901, & a 510, from e-cigarette mart, in that order, because I couldn't decide which one would be better?
I don't know if these are authentic or clones?, both starter kits were very reasonable. Anyway after a couple days of just testing them, I get very little vapor, and find them hard to drag on. I figured they'd work right out of the box after a battery charge for me to try, so I didn't order any "juice", extra carts, or attomizers. The DES 901 had a strange burnt taste right from the beginning, and when the vaping got less, I took the cart (mouthpiece) off and found the foam was gone 8-o I guess I smoked it :O is all this normal? Next, do I have to clean the bridge, & atty somehow now? Also, I'd like to know if I can use these original carts for filling, or dripping, or if I must get a different cart, or atty?

jj2

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2009
Hundred Acre Wood
DES 901 had a strange burnt taste right from the beginning

There's a primer on the atty and it taste pretty bad sometimes, and that is probably what you were tasting until it was gone.

vaping got less, I took the cart (mouthpiece) off and found the foam was gone

Most atty's come with an empty cart. Did you check to see if there was the foam stuff you're talking about?

Rogue

ECF Veteran
Nov 11, 2009
Milford, Pa.
Thanks for the quick response, I think there was foam in the cart at the beginning, but I'm not positive? The rest of the carts in the box that came with it say "high", "low", or "none", and they all have foam in them, but I don't know if they're pre-filled? I thought these e-cigs were ready to use (cart, or atomizer prefilled) right out of the box, no? They vaped fine in the beginning, but the 901 was a bit odd tasting, the 510 tasted more natural. Can I just refill the atty on the 510, or cart foam on either, once I get juice?

Last night I was desperate, so I took some imitation vanilla flavoring, and put 2 drops on the bridge, and the foam, of the 901, and it started vaping again, plus it was tasty!

Niniane

ECF Veteran
May 30, 2009
Louisiana
Thanks for the quick response, I think there was foam in the cart at the beginning, but I'm not positive? The rest of the carts in the box that came with it say "high", "low", or "none", and they all have foam in them, but I don't know if they're pre-filled? I thought these e-cigs were ready to use (cart, or atomizer prefilled) right out of the box, no?

They vaped fine in the beginning, but the 901 was a bit odd tasting, the 510 tasted more natural. Can I just refill the atty on the 510, or cart foam on either, once I get juice?

Last night I was desperate, so I took some imitation vanilla flavoring, and put 2 drops on the bridge, and the foam, of the 901, and it started vaping again, plus it was tasty!

The carts that say high, low, and none are prefilled. The one that came on your atomizer w/o foam was just there to protect the atomizer during shipping. The weird taste was probably you burning off the primer, as others said. Both 901 and 501 carts can be refilled with eliquid. In the meantime, if you don't have any eliquid yet, you can use vegetable glycerine (vg) to rewet them when they get dry. They will produce vapor, but there won't be any flavor or nicotine in the vg.

Niniane

ECF Veteran
May 30, 2009
Louisiana

Rogue

ECF Veteran
Nov 11, 2009
Milford, Pa.
The carts that say high, low, and none are prefilled. The one that came on your atomizer w/o foam was just there to protect the atomizer during shipping. The weird taste was probably you burning off the primer, as others said. Both 901 and 501 carts can be refilled with eliquid. In the meantime, if you don't have any eliquid yet, you can use vegetable glycerine (vg) to rewet them when they get dry. They will produce vapor, but there won't be any flavor or nicotine in the vg.

Thanks, Is it okay to drip the bridge on both, or either one? I know the 901 has an auto battery that you must be careful of.

Debra

ECF Veteran
Sep 23, 2009
Thanks, Is it okay to drip the bridge on both, or either one? I know the 901 has an auto battery that you must be careful of.

I've never used the 501, so I'm not sure how easily the battery can be damaged by dripping. I have dripped on my 901 and had no trouble so far, but only use 2 or 3 drops at time on the atty bridge.

Camel Crush

ECF Veteran
I've never used the 501, so I'm not sure how easily the battery can be damaged by dripping. I have dripped on my 901 and had no trouble so far, but only use 2 or 3 drops at time on the atty bridge.

The 501 has a manual battery, which is sealed. No chance of damage through dripping.

Only automatic batteries, like the 901, have that problem. Automatic batteries have a hole between the battery and atomizer to detect when you are taking a drag, which activates them. Liquid can get into the battery through this hole and send the battery to a landfill. :(

angiebi

ECF Veteran
Nov 10, 2009
Holland
The 501 has a manual battery, which is sealed. No chance of damage through dripping.

Only automatic batteries, like the 901, have that problem. Automatic batteries have a hole between the battery and atomizer to detect when you are taking a drag, which activates them. Liquid can get into the battery through this hole and send the battery to a landfill. :(

I'm happy to read this, didn't know it......happy that I have a few cigs with manual batteries........and happy too to know I have to be carefull with the automatics...........:)

Scottbee

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 18, 2009
Okauchee Lake, WI

Not all 510's (I'm sure you meant 510, not 501) have manual batteries and not all 901's have automatic batteries.

Camel Crush

ECF Veteran
Not all 510's (I'm sure you meant 510, not 501) have manual batteries and not all 901's have automatic batteries.

Yeah, that was a mistake on my part. All these numbers run together sometimes. :(

Most basic 510 kits come with manuals, most basic 901's come with autos. The kits I ordered did, anyway. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread