Newbie Here! Smok X-Priv Battery Door Issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Courtney Willett

Apr 22, 2019
Hello Everyone!
My name is Courtney. I'm the newbie here. Lol! I was hoping someone could help me out with some advice on how I can fix up my smok X-Priv ecig. The battery door us magnetic, Somehow 2 of the 4 magnets came out of mine & I am having to use a piece of clear tape to keep on...Which sucks bc I need a new piece everytime I swwitch out batteries (which is every morning) Is there any way I can fix this issue or even just fix it up to where I'm not having to replace the tape every single day?
Thanks,
Courtney.

Diver9543

Resting In Peace
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 26, 2015
Oklahoma City, OK, USA
Depending on how long you have had it, it might be covered under warranty. If it isn't under warranty, you could check FastTech, a company in China, and see if they have a magnet the same size. You could then either super-glue or epoxy them back in place.
Oh, hello and welcome to ecf.

gandymarsh

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2014
WI, USA
Ebay also has neodymium magnets. I don't own an Smok X-Priv. If there are 2 magnets that connect together, one in the mod and one in the cover, make sure you get the polarity right before gluing. Best way is to stick the magnets together, then mark with a Sharpie. You'll never get it out after it's glued with superglue.

• Useful
Reactions: Opinionated

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
Hello Everyone!
My name is Courtney. I'm the newbie here. Lol! I was hoping someone could help me out with some advice on how I can fix up my Smok X-Priv Ecig. The battery door us magnetic, Somehow 2 of the 4 magnets came out of mine & I am having to use a piece of clear tape to keep on...Which sucks bc I need a new piece everytime I swwitch out batteries (which is every morning) Is there any way I can fix this issue or even just fix it up to where I'm not having to replace the tape every single day?
Thanks,Courtney.
Welcome and glad you joined.
If you have a thick sticky glue like shoe glue, clean back of magnet and plastic case with rubbing alcohol and coat both surfaces. Then join cover/mod w/ rubber bands/clamp.
https://www.amazon.com/Shoe-Fix-Shoe-Glue-Instant-Professional/dp/B01G8D69FW

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread