Newbie needs help with Reo Grand

Status
Not open for further replies.

irehc77

ECF Veteran
Mar 3, 2013
Northern Michigan
I just purchased my Reo Grand about 2 weeks ago. I am using a Cisco LR 306 atty. I am having trouble getting used to squonking. I think I may be flooding my atty. Is it supposed to sound like a gurgle or slushy? I think I am squeezing to much juice up. I just sqeeze enough until I start to see very little in drip cup. I don't know if the gurgle sound is normal or if I am flooding it? If it is flooded will it clear itself out by vaping on it? Sorry to sound so dumb.
Also I just got the button to put over the original button. I used the little white plastic spacer when putting the round button on. But after using it a few times it pushed down and would not let me actually push the button down to heat the atomizer. Has anyone had problems with the round button cap that you use to place over the original button? I had to pry it off and remove it.
One last thing. I am looking to buy a newbie friendly rba. Robert does not have any on his website to purchase. Only the coil and wicking. Can someone suggest one for me to purchase and a vendor? I want one that would be easy to recoil and ad wicks to.
Thanks again for any help anyone is willing to offer!

Toots

ECF Veteran
Sep 13, 2009
USA
You can pm Rob (Redeyeddancer) about the RBAs that he had in stock. He noted that he had some left when he took them off of his site. If he still has some, he will sell them. When I started squonking with 306s, I ordered clear tips so that I could easily see if I overdid the squonk. Sometimes it will help to blow out the extra liquid, take a vape and start fresh, sometimes you can vape through it. It seems to depend on the atty. After a while, it gets second nature.

Only certain RBA's work well on the REO. There is a thread out there for REO compatible RBAs in the vendor section for REOS mods. Hornet BF, ERA BF, Chalice, A7 ... The clones Rob was selling was a great way to see if RBAs will work for you. I love the ones that I got and discovered it was something I could easily manage.

I would hope that you can remove the button cap and reinstall it. It does not take much pressure to fire the button. The pin only needs to make contact with the battery.

nerak

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 12, 2011
Fairfield Township, OH, USA
www.facebook.com
I just purchased my Reo Grand about 2 weeks ago. I am using a Cisco LR 306 atty. I am having trouble getting used to squonking. I think I may be flooding my atty. Is it supposed to sound like a gurgle or slushy? I think I am squeezing to much juice up. I just sqeeze enough until I start to see very little in drip cup. You should use the blind squonk method. Draw and squonk till you hear the gurgle then stop. There should not be juice in the drip well. I don't know if the gurgle sound is normal or if I am flooding it? If it is flooded will it clear itself out by vaping on it? Sorry to sound so dumb. When vaping if you have flooded it you will feel and hear a gurgle. You can vape through it. Just take shorter draws or you will get juice in your mouth. Some take the atty off and blow it out and start again. I don't like to waste juice so I do short draw, very softly till it clears. It is great to have a pyrex drip tip so you can see the juice in the atty.
Also I just got the button to put over the original button. I used the little white plastic spacer when putting the round button on. But after using it a few times it pushed down and would not let me actually push the button down to heat the atomizer. Has anyone had problems with the round button cap that you use to place over the original button? I had to pry it off and remove it. Lots of new users will push or mash the button too hard. Do this: Put the atty close to your ear and push the button down slowly. You will hear it fire and can tell just how much you need to push to fire. The button cap can slide down if you push too hard. You can put something small inside the cap to prevent it moving down.
One last thing. I am looking to buy a newbie friendly RBA. Robert does not have any on his website to purchase. Only the coil and wicking. Can someone suggest one for me to purchase and a vendor? I want one that would be easy to recoil and ad wicks to. Here is a thread in the REO forum that will help you. I suggest visiting the forum for much more information. http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/reos-mods/377836-reo-compatible-rbas.html
Thanks again for any help anyone is willing to offer!

REO forum:
Reos Mods

JCJohn23

ECF Veteran
Jun 21, 2012
Prescott, AZ
I had the same problem with my button topper on my reo grand. It works fine on my reo mini 2.0. To help with that problem I took just the smallest piece of tissue and stuck it inside the button topper before installing it. Then the topper wont slide down too far on the button. As for the 306 it really is just technique. This is personally what ive discovered with my 306's is that when I vape too many times in a row they get really hot. It affects the flavor so I think its out of juice so I squonk again and I didn't really need to. I found my least hassle vape on my reo is just a low res carto. Never worry about flooding or dry but yes I know the flavor is not the same as a cisco 306 because they are really hard to beat.

nerak

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 12, 2011
www.facebook.com
I had the same problem with my button topper on my reo grand. It works fine on my reo mini 2.0. To help with that problem I took just the smallest piece of tissue and stuck it inside the button topper before installing it. Then the topper wont slide down too far on the button. As for the 306 it really is just technique. This is personally what ive discovered with my 306's is that when I vape too many times in a row they get really hot. It affects the flavor so I think its out of juice so I squonk again and I didn't really need to. I found my least hassle vape on my reo is just a low res carto. Never worry about flooding or dry but yes I know the flavor is not the same as a cisco 306 because they are really hard to beat.

The first two L.R. 306 I ever used lasted me less than a day. One only 1 hour. Know why? I vaped it till it was hot and needed juice. The minute I squonked it the coil popped.

DON'T squonk a hot coil!!! A lesson I learned after the second one popped from the same thing! Always take a couple hits without firing to cool it down some before squonking.

Faylool

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 7, 2012
Sweet Home, Oregon USA
Good to know. I just learned the weird dark gray stuff in the tiny baggy wasn't a melted o ring ( only thing that came to mind) but Noalox. So. Where are we supposed to put it and when? Really. I've been planning on picking some up for my brass Mortar because I read it helps keep the threads buttery smooth. But it's brass. The threads are brass. And some battery connections are are different materials. Pretty sure mine are copper. Anyway. If anybody knows ...Noalox and brass and Reos. I didn't like it's discription online about "soaking into" or however depositing stuff. I just want to keep my threads new and battery connection clean. Afraid to use wrong product if it deposits something into the metal.

nerak

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 12, 2011
www.facebook.com
Good to know. I just learned the weird dark gray stuff in the tiny baggy wasn't a melted o ring ( only thing that came to mind) but Noalox. So. Where are we supposed to put it and when? Really. I've been planning on picking some up for my brass Mortar because I read it helps keep the threads buttery smooth. But it's brass. The threads are brass. And some battery connections are are different materials. Pretty sure mine are copper. Anyway. If anybody knows ...Noalox and brass and Reos. I didn't like it's discription online about "soaking into" or however depositing stuff. I just want to keep my threads new and battery connection clean. Afraid to use wrong product if it deposits something into the metal.

On your metal REO, take the battery out. Push down the firing button while looking inside the REO underneath the button. You will see a contact strip with a V end coming down. Put the Noalox on that tip. IF your tip is showing any corrosion you can use a file and file it first.

Noalox can usually be found in home improvement stores. That little dab you got should last you a long time!

Come visit the real REO forum here:
Reos Mods

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread