Status
Not open for further replies.

jpracing

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 20, 2011
Philippines
jp, have you tried a different atty? maybe it's just not a good one:unsure:

All my atties are LR, around 1.5-1.6 range. I use these on my Provari because I drip.
IMO, these are just too hot to run at 3.7v mods. I run these at 3.4 to 3.5 on my Provari
and they get really hot. Some even E2 on me at 3.5V!
I tried these on the Reo and, sure enough, too little liquid, the juice burns and I taste a
metallic something from the atties. Too much and it floods.
I need to get some 1.9-2ohm atties and try them on the Reo.

Last edited:

jpracing

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 20, 2011
Philippines
No problem jp, I'm always glad to help whenever I can. Smoketech atomizers are just ok to be honest with you. They're like the generic kind. Like Bauways for example. Not really a fan of those. If you were to go with another cheap atomizer. Then the Joye LR 510's are just as good as some of the premium 510 atomizers out there. Good flavor and everything else. Although, you have to get rid of the primer first.

Anyways, yeah it's your juice since it's a straight caramel. Never ordered from Heavens gate and so, I don't know how strong they flavor they're juices. But, those types don't do to well in low ohm atties due to the sugar content. Is it dark in color? Because that can gunk your coil up and you'll be getting a baste taste/performance from it.

I would highly recommend you getting a different juice for the time being. Well, until you get a hang of things. I hope caramel is not your favorite. Since it isn't going to do well in cartos neither. Since it has sugar in it and will clog it up as I've mentioned earlier. Also, your filler material is going to retain a lot of it. Which wicking issues as well. Meaning the juice won't get to the coil fast enough and you'll be getting a bad vaping experience. It also effects flavor.

I mean, you can get a few days in it or a week if your lucky but, then you have to either clean the atomizer or throw away the carto. Depending on how heavy you vape. The good thing is that 70/30 does really good in cartos in general. Just make sure that your juice isn't really dark or has a lot of sugar in it.

Hope that this isn't to bad for you. Since, it's going to be the same way whether you use a bottom feeder or not. The juice is pretty important and it effects the performance of either an atomizer or cartomizer in the end.

Tried RY4 Dekang and that's a pretty clear juice. Also nothing.
I think you and Tybin hit it on the nail with the atties.
What are the premium atties out there? Any suggestions?

jpracing

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 20, 2011
Philippines
I am new to the Reo also, but would a reducer tube be needed? Perhaps the juice flows a bit too freely and needs to be slowed a bit. I think that is what the reducer tube is for-not sure though.

Oh my!:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:
So THAT was what that little tube was for!!!!!!
Unfortunately, that went into the trash unwittingly.:facepalm::facepalm:

washvap

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2011
wa
Well, the difference between dripping and using a bottom feeder. Is that you can see how much you drip in the atomizer. Please take a look at post# 3 and #8 again. It gives you the instructions you need to blind squonk and atomizer suggestions. You just need a bit more time to get it down.

DEFINITELY get some Cartomizers before you get anymore atomizers. It'll make it easier for you to learn. Some people just don't like using atomizers in there REO's since they simply can't grasp how to feed it correctly.

All my atties are LR, around 1.5-1.6 range. I use these on my Provari because I drip.
IMO, these are just too hot to run at 3.7v mods. I run these at 3.4 to 3.5 on my Provari
and they get really hot. Some even E2 on me at 3.5V!
I tried these on the Reo and, sure enough, too little liquid, the juice burns and I taste a
metallic something from the atties. Too much and it floods.
I need to get some 1.9-2ohm atties and try them on the Reo.

Tried RY4 Dekang and that's a pretty clear juice. Also nothing.
I think you and Tybin hit it on the nail with the atties.
What are the premium atties out there? Any suggestions?

Mudflap

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 19, 2010
Tyler, Texas
The AW IMR 18650 is the recommended battery for the Reo Grand. 1600 or 2000 mAh versions will both work fine.

Your atomizers are probably your weak link, so I'll make some humble suggestions. Try 1.8 and 2.0 ohm atomizers. Both Avid Vaper and Ikenvape sell 510 atomizers that will be within these specs and ship without primer. Before you use an atomizer, slip a carto condom over the threaded end, drip 10 drops or more of juice into it and give it 10 minutes to soak in so that your wick is fully saturated. Stand them upright on a flat surface. Upright = driptip end UP. Before screwing it onto your Reo, remove the carto condom, wipe the threads with a paper towel, gently blow out the excess juice by placing your lips around the threaded end, and then it's ready.

When you vape, try a more gentle draw.

Mudflap

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 19, 2010
Tyler, Texas
Thanks mudflap :toast:
Does your soaking method apply to all atties?
And, yes, I agree that 1.8-2.0ohms is the way to go as
I never go above 8-8.2 watts on my other mods.
Just too hot for me and I find it a hassle releasing the fire
button a couple of times a toke.

Yes, all atties, but some ship with primer in them. If I think an atty has primer in it, I have a Shark steam cleaner I use to blow them out, then I'll prime them with juice. You could also soak it in vodka or pure grain alcohol.

jpracing

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 20, 2011
Philippines
As I type this, I have just taken a total of 25 STRAIGHT great tokes on my Reo Grand!!!!
Success!!!!!!
I changed out the atty, cleaned a new one as per mud flaps suggestion, did a light squeeze
and followed it up with a squonk(?) and, presto! A great vape!!!!
Thank you all for your help!!!:toast::toast::toast:
I'm very, very happy!:laugh::laugh:
Can you tell?:blush:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread