Newbie wanting to get into ecigs

Status
Not open for further replies.

wolf2989

Jul 24, 2009
Hi All,

Been browsing the site for the past hour. Lots of good information and knowledgeable people here.

I'm looking to buy my first e-cig to drop the $7.50/day habit of the analogs. I was looking at the Greencig G300 but then started seeing mixed reviews. Now i'm totally up the wall as to which model i should buy? I don't want to spend a mint in the event i don't like it, but i don't want something cheap. Any suggestions?

Also i keep reading about people "dripping" which i saw some videos on youtube regarding it. Is it simply dripping some "juice" onto the vaporizer coils and closing up and smoking? If so, what advantage does this have over just using a new cart?

Thanks for any advice anyone can provide!

-J

RenaissancePuffer

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Janty Stick! Costs a little bit up front but you'll be happy with it. Manual PV, built in passthrough capability, cart and atomizers are easy to obtain, and cart capacity is decent. This is the all-in-one device :cool:

If you just want to have something that resembles a cigarette, the kissbox or dse801 would be a good choice, otherwise, lots of folks around here have joye 510's and I hear nothing but good things about them.

Dripping is just that, dripping the liquid onto the atomizer. Some people do this exclusively. I only drop to kick start my atomizers if they are newly cleaned, or if I want to test a new flavor that I'm mixing.

Dripping also requires a bit more upkeep than using a cart. You'll have to re-drip after so many puffs where a cart will hold a lot more juice to supply to the atomizer. They both have their own advantages, so you just have to try it and see what works best for you.

Last edited:

Coldfire

Jun 11, 2009
Florida,USA
When I suggest an e-cig to someone who wants to start vapeing I reccommend the DSE-901. I dont have to "top off" as much as I have to with the 510 (I own both models).

The battery on the 901 is pretty good lasts about 4-5 hours of moderate use, and I havent had any problems with dripping thus far (knock on wood).

40$USD+shipping=not bad imo.

hittman

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    I have only had my kit for about a day now and have tried four or five different liquids with it. I got the joye 510 and it works great. Lots of vapor most of the time and a decent throat hit depending on the liquid. I have purchased from a few different suppliers and can honestly recommend Drew at Nhaler.com. He is quick to answer any questions I have and I had my kit in two days. Also, I ordered some liquid from rockymountainvapor.com and also had my order in about two days. I also placed an order with ruyandirect.com and had no problems even though they are in china. It took about 8 days to receive my order, but they are very up front about the shipping time and state that it will take 7-10 days. I have already cut my regular smoking by more than half so far today. I am very excited about vaping and hope to be off of analogs soon. This forum is a great place for info and is frequented by some very good and knowledgeable people who are always quick to help out. I am so glad I found this forum. It has been a huge help to me and I am sure it will be for you also.

newbutt

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Hey Wolfie,
    I also recommend the 510. Rocky Mountain Vapor has about the best deal I've seen on the basic starter kit & their service is excellent. But Eric at the Vapor Station has a cool new line of 510's out any day now(if not hung up in customs) called the Versus. You get everything that comes in your basic starter kit + an extra battery & his juice is top notch.
    And I have to add Diet Smokes to the list. Parked's Scorpion & White Tie 510's are very classy looking + the service just doesn't get any better.
    Good Luck,
    NB

DuneBuggy

ECF Veteran
    Feb 24, 2009
    Near the Outer Banks of NC
    Another vote for the Joye 510.Easy to use,reliable,great vapor and throat hit.Go manual switch!
    You will find it called other names,but for the most part they are all similar. I have one of the better known "brand names" of a 510 and "generics". Other than the atty being a little "cooler" looking with a fatter gold band,they work the same for me.Oh.....The "fanicer" Atty does have a tighter fit on the cartridge which I do like.
    The parent company seems keen on making improvments to battery life and atomizer design too. Nice to see it "evolving".

DC2

Tootie Puffer
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jun 21, 2009
    San Diego
    I prefer dripping on my 510. Not sure if its something im doing wrong, but for the life of me, I can't get ANY throat hit when using a cart.

Drip 2 drops on atomizer and im in heaven. With the 3ml bottles, they are so small its not a big deal to carry one in my pocket.
    I suggest to anyone using a 510 for dripping that they pick up a 306 atomizer to use with their 510 battery. Try it, you will probably be glad you did.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread