Next time you post this on my Facebook Wall I'm gonna LOOSE IT!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steam Turbine

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 3, 2013
Montreal Quebec Canada
I'm sick and tired of that stupid article popping on my facebook wall every day about vaping being 10 times worst than smokes....

I'm pretty sure that I'm not the only one that is sick of it.

What do you guys reply to those FB friends of yours that posts it on your wall? Do you even reply at all?

I usually reply the following and then delete it from my wall:

"Read the actual study! Carbonyl Compounds Generated from Electronic Cigarettes and it's conlusion and don't ever talk to me about vaping again unless you know for a fact that the info you are giving me are 100% accurate!

[h=2]5. Conclusions[/h]Studies have shown that e-cigarettes emit toxic carbonyl compounds, generated from thermal decomposition. These substances can have adverse health effects; however, in most cases, the levels are lower than those in tobacco cigarette smoke. It is important to expand the research in this field, to better understand the source of carbonyls emitted from e-cigarettes and find ways to reduce them."

Rocketpunk

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 14, 2012
Dayton, Ohio
I do not argue. People will believe what they want to believe. In the end, they live their lives, I live mine. I'll always live by these two rules, which I've posted many times here:

1) Never argue with an idiot. They will only drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

and

2) Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference.

I just nod my head, say OK, and move on.

Foggyroomz

ECF Veteran
Nov 14, 2014
Indiana
Very awesome post the statistics and research data is truly needed to aid our cause like with anything new that is a cultural phenomenon their are those that because they don't understand it or its cult like following look at it as evil and needing banished, boycotted, and made illegal. They will give it a stigmatic branding and make unfounded statements against it because it isn't what is considered the norm or an accepted practice in society. Look at tattoo's for the longest time if you had a tattoo you were a heathen and a derelict of society. Now they are culturally acceptable in professional offices and just as common as wearing an alligator sweater. It will take a while before we aren't considered strange and looney for our passionate following of this culture but just like owning a Harley Davidson used to be an icon of mayhem, once a few judges and a couple doctors, police officers, judges and lawyers join the ranks of the vape scene it will be acceptable and everyone will want one.

rondasherrill

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 19, 2012
Valhalla
I do not argue. People will believe what they want to believe. In the end, they live their lives, I live mine. I'll always live by these two rules, which I've posted many times here:

1) Never argue with an idiot. They will only drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

and

2) Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference.

I just nod my head, say OK, and move on.

I've always been a fan of:

"Arguing with an idiot is like playing chess with a pigeon. No matter how good you are, the bird is going to crap on the board and strut around like it won anyway."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread