Status
Not open for further replies.

Panky

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 12, 2011
Miami
That's the issue (battery life) that owners/potential owners want to overlook....battery life couldn't amount to much so I suppose the solution would be to carry a bunch of batteries or buy the Darwin for exceptional battery life. I'd buy the Darwin. Hope your results improve though.

I have the Darwin which I will be carrying with me as well tonight just in case ;)

Katdarling

I'm still here on ECF... sort of. ;)
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2011
Utopia
That's the issue (battery life) that owners/potential owners want to overlook....battery life couldn't amount to much so I suppose the solution would be to carry a bunch of batteries or buy the Darwin for exceptional battery life. I'd buy the Darwin. Hope your results improve though.

That's it! Get a Darwin as a back up for the Kicked mod! LOL!

ltrainer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 18, 2010
upstate ny
Good Lord :ohmy: Tossed this thing in my P+ 18650 with a fully charged brand new 18500 battery and it drained the batter in just a few hours of use and it wasn't even chain vaping :confused: It might have been something else but I will try out this second freshly charged one that I have and see what happens... Using a 3.5 ohm 510 atty and it's set around 9-10 watts. It's not hitting nearly as hard as my Darwin even when it is set on 10 watts and I have the Darwin at 9.5 :ohmy:

My brand new battery has gotten through 2+ ml so far and still going. Joye 1.5 ohm 306 at 9 watts.

jkoppk

ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2011
hanover,PA.
Good Lord :ohmy: Tossed this thing in my P+ 18650 with a fully charged brand new 18500 battery and it drained the batter in just a few hours of use and it wasn't even chain vaping :confused: It might have been something else but I will try out this second freshly charged one that I have and see what happens... Using a 3.5 ohm 510 atty and it's set around 9-10 watts. It's not hitting nearly as hard as my Darwin even when it is set on 10 watts and I have the Darwin at 9.5 :ohmy:

Use a 1.3 to 3 ohm atty with the Kick.The instructions say attys higher than 3 ohms will not be regulated well at higher power levels so your probably not getting close to 10 watts with that 3.5 ohm atty.

RB37

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2010
Loudoun County VA
I may have another kick to sell................................................... :)
Sense Field has first dibs, just waiting to hear back from him.
Please don't slam my inbox unless you are offering more than I paid, due to if Sense does not want it, it is going in the classifieds and the first person to post in the thread is the one who gets it. Since I sold 2 of my kicks, I have been getting PM's constantly asking if I have more to sell... lol

BTW, Kick in a roughstack v2 with boge 3.0 in a tank rocks. I'm still looking for a better PV to kick though, the P+'s are too heavy, I need something thin and light, aluminum, etc... Perferably mechanical, but could have a electric button on the side I guess. Actually I think I prefer the button on the side to be honest... ugh... another night of searching for that perfect PV to kick... :(

Panky

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 12, 2011
Miami
Use a 1.3 to 3 ohm atty with the Kick.The instructions say attys higher than 3 ohms will not be regulated well at higher power levels so your probably not getting close to 10 watts with that 3.5 ohm atty.

Ugh. Good to know. I guess I have to change out some of my atty stock... :blink: I was under the impression that I would be able to toss on the same atty that I use on my Darwin and rock it out just the same. It is better than 3.7 though, that's for sure :D I just tossed on one of my LR attys that I was using with my 3.7v batteries and it is doing pretty well actually. I will mess around with this a bit more for now :)

Last edited:

Dougiestyle

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 5, 2011
Knoxville, TN USA
I agree that the atty resistance could be some of the cause of your battery drain. You have to figure that the higher resistance= more the kick has to boost to attain the watts you have it set at.

Did you happen to check the voltage of your "drained" battery, tho?

I'm using 1.5ohm or 3ohm cartos at the end of my 1st day of use with the kick. My kick is giving me the protection signal after between 2.5 and 5hrs of run-time. Of the 3 times that I've swapped batteries, only 2 times I was able to check remaining voltage of the battery. Both were above 3.7v!

I believe the kick is supposed to signal before 3.2v. I have a message in to Nhaler, but remembered your post from yesterday and wanted to know if this is an issue we all need to be aware of. Please let us know if your battery was completely drained or only half-drained before the protection signal.

Others, would you post end voltage of your removed battery when you get the protection signal, please?

RB37

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2010
Loudoun County VA
What about the Bolt, RB? I don't have one so I don't know about the locking issue.

Yep, the bolt is nice, I got one in yesterday, it broke after an hour or so, but I got it fixed, had to tear apart and re-solder the center pin wire. However I have found that "The Don" in 18650 mod is only like 1/4" longer than the bolt, so I am looking for one of those now, don't like the color, but I can get it anodized I guess.

brodie

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 26, 2011
MI
I'm using the kick in a GLV XL mini with the 18500, boge LR cartomizers (~2.3).
I've noticed the battery cutoff kicks in sooner than I expect. Granted the cutoff protection is supposed to be at a loaded value but when I pull it I measure about 3.8v w/ no load. I have noticed once I get the sputter that if I take the endcap off for just a second and put it back on that the unit will work for another 1/2 hr or so without problems. Not sure if it resets the system or is just a coincidence.

For $45, I still can't complain.

Last edited:

Panky

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 12, 2011
Miami
I agree that the atty resistance could be some of the cause of your battery drain. You have to figure that the higher resistance= more the kick has to boost to attain the watts you have it set at.

Did you happen to check the voltage of your "drained" battery, tho?

I'm using 1.5ohm or 3ohm cartos at the end of my 1st day of use with the kick. My kick is giving me the protection signal after between 2.5 and 5hrs of run-time. Of the 3 times that I've swapped batteries, only 2 times I was able to check remaining voltage of the battery. Both were above 3.7v!

I believe the kick is supposed to signal before 3.2v. I have a message in to Nhaler, but remembered your post from yesterday and wanted to know if this is an issue we all need to be aware of. Please let us know if your battery was completely drained or only half-drained before the protection signal.

Others, would you post end voltage of your removed battery when you get the protection signal, please?

Unfortunately I don't have a multimeter at the moment or I would gladly check :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread