Nhaler Post Censoring (He who controls the presses...)

Status
Not open for further replies.

KonaNeil

ECF Veteran
Jul 29, 2009
Big Island, Hawaii
Creepier than deleting negative posts, it appears Drew will re-write posts if they are not to his liking. Whether he does this with negative posts, turning them into raves, I can't say.

Ten days ago, I asked a question on His forum in preparation to buying some of His liquids. Within a few hours Drew had changed my posting, making it vague and meaningless. Its still there, with my name attached as though I had said it. This is very offensive behavior reminiscent (on a very small scale) of Soviet 'history revision.'

The edited post is here: http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/nhaler/19125-lung-renewal-juice-27.html#post788434

The history of the post is here: http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/posthistory.php?do=compare&p=788434

It reads:

Old New Reason for Editing User Name Time of Edit
N/A Drewsworld 12-02-2009 05:12 PM
Original Post KonaNeil 12-02-2009 02:31 PM

Post Comparison
(my post)
- Has anyone compared these to BestECig's "Healthcare" juice?
(Drew's edit)
+ Has anyone compared these to any other liquids?

Drew's action made me take Him off my potential vendor list and made me feel that the Healthcare liquid must be so much better than His Lung juices that I should just buy it.

BTW: I've received and really do like the Healthcare juice and now use it, slightly modified with tropical fruit flavors, in the evenings.

BTW 2: This post should of course be in the Nhaler forum. However, I believe its chance of remaining there unedited for very long is slim to none.

j4mmin42

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2009
Arcata, Cali
Nothing is ever exactly as it seems to be, especially when money is involved...

I've always had good service from Drew. but I am beginning to think that he and the nhaler team are more concerned with maintaining their "#1 in customer satisfaction" standing than dealing correctly with tough questions...

Would it hurt to be wrong once in awhile, guys? I mean, we're all human-everyone makes mistakes...

If I had a few hundred more posts here, and the rep to go along with it, I would suggest to the mod's that suppliers shouldn't have the ability to edit posts outright, for no reason, at any time they deem appropriate: at the moment, some of these actions amount to , as the OP stated, pretty serious censorship of information. Not only is this beyond reproach, in my book, but when done in the manner some are stating(and trust me, nhaler and Drew are NOT the only ones at fault here), it is quite simply un-American(with respect to those who are of other nationalities, of course).

A forum exists for many reasons, not the least of which is to be able to freely express opinions and information for the benefit of ALL who use it...I don't give a **** if it's a "suppliers' " subforum or not.

I'm hopeful that our posts can lead to a change in the order of things around here, that would allow for better accountability on the suppliers' end of things.

-J4mmin

TWISTED VICTOR

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 14, 2009
The edge of Mayhem
The only correction made was the suppliers' name, which shouldn't be posted in another supplier's forum.
That depends on the supplier....Janty lets it ride, so does My Freedom Smokes. Open and honest. Head-to-head comparisons not only help customers decide, but also enhance the quality of product and customer service :).

HaploVoss

ECF Veteran
Aug 13, 2009
Rogersville, MO - USA
The only correction made was the suppliers' name, which shouldn't be posted in another supplier's forum.

That's exactly what I was getting ready to say --> He prolly should have PM'd you so you knew why he did it, but it looks to me like he was trying to cut out the direct comparisson of another supplier inside the nHaler forum. Some of the other vendors in here get a little wonky about that sort of thing so Drew probably just changed it to avoid any fallout... which obviously backfired, but my point being...

Anyway, I hate that this has turned into let's bash a vendor day. I just hope all this gets worked out. I've never had an issue with Drew, and I've asked all sorts of questions and placed multiple orders and corrections no problems.

Take care all,
- Hap

scottjamez

ECF Veteran
Nov 16, 2009
This would have to be the one rule on ECF that I think is just wrong. There is no reason a vendor should be able to edit/delete posts from thier sub-forum. Trolling/Spamming is one exception I could think of. But dissenting opinions? C'mon guys. Set up your own forum if you want everything to be seen through rose colored glasses.

This is nothing against Drew, just my take on free market forums. Let the customers see the good and bad so they can make a truly informed buying decision.

Raenon

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
This would have to be the one rule on ECF that I think is just wrong. There is no reason a vendor should be able to edit/delete posts from thier sub-forum. Trolling/Spamming is one exception I could think of. But dissenting opinions? C'mon guys. Set up your own forum if you want everything to be seen through rose colored glasses.

This is nothing against Drew, just my take on free market forums. Let the customers see the good and bad so they can make a truly informed buying decision.

If I understand correctly, they pay a fee for their subforum, which means that they effectively did "set up [their] own forum"
But, that'd be why other subforums, such as this one, exist. :)

TWISTED VICTOR

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 14, 2009
The edge of Mayhem
I take it from so many post's that NHaler has good products and good service and I'd agree that vendor bashing be put aside, but the OP has shown that certain practices are unacceptable some. A practice/problem rampant in the TW thread, also. Now, can someone here with computer savvy help my ol' friend here??

Dang...

I just want to know how to do the post history comparison deal...

j4mmin42

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2009
Arcata, Cali
I just would like to reiterate-this problem is not Nhaler-specific at all. It is a forum-wide issue, and it just so happens that Drew has been taking flack all morning for multiple issues-some really petty, and one in particular that is troubling.It seems some people are just looking for a chance to be in the spotlight here, IMO.

Anyway, I've said my piece.

-J4mmin

scottjamez

ECF Veteran
Nov 16, 2009
scottjamez,
it was NOT a dissenting opinion!!! See above!

My comment was not entirely based on this person's dealing with Nhaler, more a comment on how ECF deals with vendors who pay to use the site for advertising. I can not think of anywhere else that I as businessman can filter out complaints to my liking.

TWISTED VICTOR

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 14, 2009
The edge of Mayhem
Yeah, what he said!

Feeling much better today TV.
Right amount of coffee and nicotine in me, hell I may even do something besides sit in front of this silly 'puter!
And looking much.......uh..better? No, let's see...Uh, livelier...no, that's not it....spiffier, yeah, that's it ..You're looking spiffy today, OTD. Maybe you ought to PM the OP?

Last edited:

Jeff989

ECF Veteran
Dec 7, 2009
Indiana
i posted a bad review on parkers website... dietsmokes ... he didnt allow it... makes sense why the only reviews on his website at all 5 stars claiming how awesome his website is and customer service blah blah blah... learn from your mistakes i guess... funny i put a reply on a "trouble with dietsmokes" thread in the dietsmokes sub-forum and he never replied to it.... customer service my A**

olderthandirt

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 28, 2009
Willamette Valley, PNW
And looking much.......uh..better? No, let's see...Uh, livelier...no, that's not it....spiffier, yeah, that's it ..You're looking spiffy today, OTD. Maybe you ought to PM the OP?

Why thank you sir. I do look rather dapper at that!

But if I PM the OP w/ my ? that would take away from the subtle attempt at a thread-jack...:D

KonaNeil

ECF Veteran
Jul 29, 2009
Big Island, Hawaii
Hey Kona
How do you do the "post history compare"?

thanks

Sorry to take so long, Olderthandirt. Hungry wife. Had to finally get off the 'puter and make breakfast.

Go to the post, click on Last edited by Drewsworld

This brings you to a new screen. Click on the button with the legend; 'Compare Versions.'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread