Not open for further replies.

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
That’s messed up.

That's too bad. I think back in the day when Age Verification was new to vape, things were rocky. They use AgeChecker.net now and for me it's a smooth process. Most people seem to use AgeChecker these days. Never had to supply any documentation or anything.

But HV always sends my shipments with signature required. This started this year. I can't find anybody else that orders from them that has to sign for their deliveries from HV. they ignored my email when I asked why.

But I can't complain much. I have always gotten what I ordered. Unless I have the money to buy more nic soon, I won't be needing them. Heck, I'm so well stocked up that I won't be needing any other company for anything ever again lol
Well, except for battery, cotton and wire suppliers.

Yeah... It was pretty Messed Up. The Initial rollout of Age Verification was anything but smooth for Many People using many Vendors.

And I think what Compounded things was my Order from Heartland Vapes went from one with Free Ship to now an order that Didn't qualify for Free Shipping when they removed the Nicotine Base from it. But there was No Shipping paid on it. So the wheels fell off the wagon.

Like I said before, I had nothing but Normal Orders from them before they moved to whatever Age Verification software they used then. And I had been Very Happy with their Nicotine Bases/Shipping/and Prices.

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
Yeah... It was pretty Messed Up. The Initial rollout of Age Verification was anything but smooth for Many People using many Vendors.

And I think what Compounded things was my Order from Heartland Vapes went from one with Free Ship to now an order that Didn't qualify for Free Shipping when they removed the Nicotine Base from it. But there was No Shipping paid on it. So the wheels fell off the wagon.

Like I said before, I had nothing but Normal Orders from them before they moved to whatever Age Verification software they used then. And I had been Very Happy with their Nicotine Bases/Shipping/and Prices.
Perhaps they can be forgiven?

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
Yeah... I Don't really have a huge amount of Animosity from them. And saying that they were Unforgiven probably sounded Worse that how I feel.
I recall the mayhem that the age verification caused. Some vendors transitioned better than others but I know Heartland wasn't alone in that cluster. At least they had a basis for being messed up. FYI, I never bought anything from them.

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
I recall the mayhem that the age verification caused. Some vendors transitioned better than others but I know Heartland wasn't alone in that cluster. At least they had a basis for being messed up. FYI, I never bought anything from them.
And on that note, we must remind ourselves than many of these vendors we buy from do not have an IT department. Their website skills lack in many cases. I see it all the time. Generally speaking, ordering from Amazon, E-Bay, Wally World and other big named retailers is iron clad in comparison to Stosh & Stosh Vape Supply.

440BB

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 19, 2011
The Motor City
I recall a number of glitches when age verification took hold. For the one that I encountered requiring a drivers license, I scanned mine then blacked out all but the the first few numbers and forwarded it. No problems or questions from any vendor. There are still a few asking for it.

My first Heartland order was a couple weeks ago, went smoothly without ID and arrived quickly without signature.

Jebbn

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2018
safe distance from a black hole
Not necessarily. Natural nicotine is almost exclusively (over 99%) the (S)-isomer, whereas synthetic processes tend to produce equal amounts of (S)- and (R)-isomers. Biological processes will happy produce one isomer and not the other, but this is much more difficult to do with synthetic processes. In addition, isomers are very difficult to separate; they have the same molecular weight, and the same chemical reactions, except in biological systems, where the (R)-isomer is thought to be half or less as potent as the (S)-isomer.
you beat me to it. I came here to post the exact same thing.

:unsure:

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
I recall a number of glitches when age verification took hold. For the one that I encountered requiring a drivers license, I scanned mine then blacked out all but the the first few numbers and forwarded it. No problems or questions from any vendor. There are still a few asking for it.

My first Heartland order was a couple weeks ago, went smoothly without ID and arrived quickly without signature.
How was the product quality (assuming you bought nic).

440BB

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 19, 2011
The Motor City
How was the product quality (assuming you bought nic).
Haven't cracked 'em yet, just lurking in the freezer for a while. There are a few liters ahead of them in the decanting queue lol.
I am pretty confident seeing that others that ordered 100mg liters at that time have been consistently happy with clarity, color and smell.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Heartland comes clear, to me DEFINITELY has a nic smell, but I don't mind it at all. I'm not super picky though. I bought from Nic River but it was nic salts and I have some Armor nic that smells less, is equally clear and whatnot but Heartland definitely smells like nic,. It seems to be holding up fine in glass, it is the majority of my stash.

Also, I have met companies with IT departments I want to KILL. Like, Verizon. I'm quite sure they could design a pleasant system that WORKED, ESPECIALLY when buying something is SO EASY.

Try to find out what is going on with your towers, because you live in a rural area? Well, I suppose, "I hate you people and wish you all into an early grave." I suppose that is like permanently on the internet somewhere.

LOL, the response I got from my "assistant" was super sprightly. "I am sorry you are not enjoying your Verizon experience, have a wonderful telephone day!" That was pretty great.

I answered, "Hey do they give you people scripts or what, that was impressive?" Was left ignored.

LOL when the government or WHOMEVER takes over the Verizon towers, we all get throttled and the phones don't work.

Mine also like, informs me I am in Mexico with some regularity. I was told to turn it off and turn it back on when that happened, and it made me think of that "IT guys show."

Seriously though I guess if you are the number one carrier (and there is literally nothing else you can use) you get to Be Like That.

I am quite sure I could purchase more data in less than a minute, though.

Anna

Reactions: NolaMel

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
Haven't cracked 'em yet, just lurking in the freezer for a while. There are a few liters ahead of them in the decanting queue
You'll rake the lawn, powerwash the house, put a new engine in your car but there's not enough time to decant your nic. Got it! That's been my problem too.

440BB

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 19, 2011
The Motor City
Yes! I have and I will probably buy more so my stash stays nice and varied. IIRC that’s the only nic I’ve ordered lately that I haven’t complained about (I may have posted a pic, I don’t recall). I’m sure I’ll buy more from them but I don’t want my nic eggs in too few of baskets which is why I don’t just buy from 1 company. Especially given the look and smell of the NN I that I opened recently; that’s a company everyone raves about. Yeah, I’m nic cursed for sure!

Your repeated oxidized nic experience led me to wonder if there's a chance your local UPS/Fedex location might be inadvertently exposing shipments to heat in some way before they reach your door. This has happened too many times to be a coincidence.

Good luck with Heartland - at least it's a pretty small investment to find out!

440BB

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 19, 2011
The Motor City
You'll rake the lawn, powerwash the house, put a new engine in your car but there's not enough time to decant your nic. Got it! That's been my problem too.
We need to clear out quite a bit of the well stocked basement freezer before I can expand the nic storage. It took the consumption of a ham and turkey to cram in the last six liters in their original bottles. I'm chowing down as much as possible for the sake of the nic!:D

Brewdawg1181

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 30, 2017
Metro ATL
And on that note, we must remind ourselves than many of these vendors we buy from do not have an IT department. Their website skills lack in many cases. I see it all the time. Generally speaking, ordering from Amazon, E-Bay, Wally World and other big named retailers is iron clad in comparison to Stosh & Stosh Vape Supply.
Couldn't be more true. It can easily cost in excess of $5K just to set up a simple, decent e-commerce site. I pretty much maintain my own for general stuff, pricing, product changes, etc. But have to pay someone to install all new versions, security updates, plug ins, etc. - and that's for the site, and the cart/e-commerce platform. I pay $95/hr to my IT company for dealing with all of that. Think how many updates are released for your computer's operating system, and it's more often than that for website components. And the hours can add up when rewriting the code to make a system work with your site.

I don't have to do age verification, but really wanted to implement a military discount. Researched the hell out of it, but it would've cost me a fortune to redo the code just to accommodate it. In the end, I just couldn't afford it. Maintaining e-commerce for a small company isn't easy or inexpensive. I can empathize with the vendors trying to make whatever system they have work with a verification product that is compliant.

Rossum

Eleutheromaniac
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2013
SE PA
We need to clear out quite a bit of the well stocked basement freezer before I can expand the nic storage.
I suggested that to my wife many moons ago.

Her reaction? "Get your own dang freezer!"

Your wish is my command, darling!

3F0AEZf.jpg

Alexander Mundy

Ribbon Twister
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 1, 2013
Springfield, MO
Got an email from VT this morning to pre-order synthetic nic. Looks like it’s gaining in popularity.
What are your thoughts on synthetic other than it’s more expensive?

From Kurt the chemist

Nicotine Comparisons

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
I suggested that to my wife many moons ago.

Her reaction? "Get your own dang freezer!"

Your wish is my command, darling!

3F0AEZf.jpg
Threaten to quit vaping. Tell her you think you can keep your :censored: together for maybe an hour but after that you make no promises.

CMD-Ky

Highly Esteemed Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2013
KY
Certainly not as bad as some of the people on the Deeming thread. :)

I resent the implication.
:thumbs:

Not necessarily. Natural nicotine is almost exclusively (over 99%) the (S)-isomer, whereas synthetic processes tend to produce equal amounts of (S)- and (R)-isomers. Biological processes will happy produce one isomer and not the other, but this is much more difficult to do with synthetic processes. In addition, isomers are very difficult to separate; they have the same molecular weight, and the same chemical reactions, except in biological systems, where the (R)-isomer is thought to be half or less as potent as the (S)-isomer.

Huh?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread