Status
Not open for further replies.

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    They kinda implied it was best to freeze it.

I read that, too, but then I realized it was just the same general storage instruction/advice that they use on the liquid nic base.

Taken from a liquid listing
    Storage

When storing nicotine, we always recommend utilizing a freezer. Don't worry, the nicotine may become thicker, but it will not freeze. Heat, light, and oxygen are the biggest threats that increase the degradation of quality and oxidation in nicotine. Although degradation will still occur no matter the storage environment, the coldest and darkest conditions possible will drastically slow this natural oxidation process.
    That's the same exact blurb on the powdered nic listing.

Here's the first concern that popped into my head: once it's frozen then thawed, will condensation possibly form inside the bag forcing you to cut the whole bag with PG or VG at that point?

Last edited:

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    The Next Craze? DIY Nicotine Gum?

Homemade Bubble Gum | Imperial Sugar

(Nicotine Bitartrate needs a New Thread?)

Maybe. But for me personally I'm not a big fan of chewing gum and it would do nothing for my hand-to-mouth addiction or my love of the act of smoking addiction. I'm a smoker at heart, that's why I vape.

EDIT: I wonder which state would be first to outlaw 0mg flavored chewing gum with kid-captivating packaging in order to "save the children" o_O

Bronze

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 19, 2012
    The Next Craze? DIY Nicotine Gum?

Homemade Bubble Gum | Imperial Sugar

(Nicotine Bitartrate needs a New Thread?)
    Zoi, I’ll start one if Rossum doesn’t want this topic on his thread and/or if there are a few people who think it’s worthy of a thread. Truthfully, I kinda threw it out there to see if someone could quickly shoot holes in it and render it an irrelevent vape product or perhaps a gimmick.

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 16, 2010
    So-Cal
    Zoi, I’ll start one if Rossum doesn’t want this topic on his thread and/or if there are a few people who think it’s worthy of a thread. Truthfully, I kinda threw it out there to see if someone could quickly shoot holes in it and render it an irrelevent vape product or perhaps a gimmick.

Cool. This thread is Kinda Special.

zoiD

Bronze

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 19, 2012
    Cool. This thread is Kinda Special.

zoiD
    It’s sorta related in that it is nicotine and it is suggested that it be frozen. If it were a popular DIY product then I would say it belongs here. But if its ceiling only reaches gimmick levels then definitly not.

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    Fi1PgV3.png

puffon

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Sep 18, 2014
    Florida
    They have this disclaimer at the bottom:

This nicotine type is NOT recommended for DIY use. This nicotine strength is extremely potent and if handled improperly could result in injury or death. Handle with extreme caution at all times. Avoid inhalation. Wear proper safety equipment.

BillW50

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Nov 23, 2014
    US

This nicotine type is NOT recommended for DIY use. This nicotine strength is extremely potent and if handled improperly could result in injury or death. Handle with extreme caution at all times. Avoid inhalation. Wear proper safety equipment.

And lithium batteries warn do not use with e-cigarettes too. :p

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there

So if it’s not recommended for DIY use then why are they selling it to anyone smart enough to set up an account on their site? I could definitely see someone with questionable math skills mixing too much powder in their liquid.

stols001

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    May 30, 2017
    I am interested in its stability. I think this stuff is used in the EU to increase strength of eliquid? I am going to ask @Izan if he is around I believe he mentioned it.

That is a lot of nic for a low price, depending on its stability over time? I agree the powder makes it substantially more difficult to handle. I think they have a different powder (I want to say the one discussed is more like nic salts the second regular nic.)

I searched-- I mean it is SAFE this is what they use in pretty much most pharmaceutical nicotine products and everyone seems to agree on that. I'm more interested in shelf life. Sure, I would freeze it or whatever if that was necessary but it will take a better searcher than I.

I would buy some simply as a "last nicotine standing" because it IS so cheap although I don't want to handle the powder particularly.

I would like it if @Rossum or @mikepetro or SOMEONE chimed in on this.

I also thought River supply changed their name to fly more under the radar but it seems like they have become more like "That guy in the shack down by the river who will sell you anything." I mean, what AREN'T they selling, eau de kidnapped child? It seems like it's gonna be a free for all until closing, kinda.

I am not implying their products are not good I have usually found their stuff is just fine. I would seriously consider buying some, and even emailing them but I think I would get a standard, boiler plate reply so it's not really worth it.

Anna

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 16, 2010
    So-Cal
    In the Interest of Keeping this Thread as On-Topic as possible, given it's Value and seeing that it is a Sticky, I created a Thread about this Powdered Nicotine.

Powdered Nicotine Bitartrate Dihydrate

Perhaps CW can Migrate the Posts in this thread if She has some time.

CAAB

ECF Veteran
    Feb 9, 2019
    New York
    If you look on Fisher Scientific or Thomas Scientific for nicotine bitartrate dihydrate, they recommend storage at room temperature (15 to 30°C). Although, I imagine they aren't envisioning storing for multiple years.

If it were me, I'd bet on separating the powder into multiple wide mouth glass containers with minimal headspace, followed by properly labelling and childproofing. When removing for use, I'd allow the glass container to reach room temperature before opening to prevent condensation.

That is, if you are looking to store longterm. Personally, I won't be looking into this powder for use. Although perhaps it would be good for people with minimal to no freezer storage space. Not sure how/if the powder would work as eliquid. The River Supply Co website seems to imply it can be used as such.

borno

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Dec 31, 2019
    land of pleasant living
    If you look on Fisher Scientific or Thomas Scientific for nicotine bitartrate dihydrate, they recommend storage at room temperature (15 to 30°C). Although, I imagine they aren't envisioning storing for multiple years.

If it were me, I'd bet on separating the powder into multiple wide mouth glass containers with minimal headspace, followed by properly labelling and childproofing. When removing for use, I'd allow the glass container to reach room temperature before opening to prevent condensation.

That is, if you are looking to store longterm. Personally, I won't be looking into this powder for use. Although perhaps it would be good for people with minimal to no freezer storage space. Not sure how/if the powder would work as eliquid. The River Supply Co website seems to imply it can be used as such.

Might want a nice triple beam balance to measure that stuff too!

Train2

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    May 11, 2013
    CA, USA

So if it’s not recommended for DIY use then why are they selling it to anyone smart enough to set up an account on their site? I could definitely see someone with questionable math skills mixing too much powder in their liquid.
    And lithium batteries warn do not use with e-cigarettes too. :p
    Because, warning label
    child.JPG
    hanger.jpg
    peanuts.JPG
    saw.jpg

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread