Nic Base Storage: Freezer vs. Room Temp Experiment

Status
Not open for further replies.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Nicsolution!

The husband stated they make freezers that plug right into your car somehow and then other places when you take them out of the car. So he is going to buy me one in return for not poisoning the dog, dude, with nic he was horrified at my even THINKING it out loud and I was like, "YEAH I know I CAN'T I mean I couldn't live with myself really but the dog was considerably LESS than the nic I need to sustain my life with and I can't let it go bad! Also, the dog is the reason for all our transportation problems, AND housing problems, although I AM WILLING to camp for 4 months if I can vape IF I CAN VAPE!!!!!!!!!!"

He was like, "Wife if the dog doesn't eat it between now and our trip you will have the best plug in nic freezer money can buy." LOL. The husband like KNOWS everything, he is usually the solution to all my problems whereas I like to MAKE problems for him but you know.... that is how it works, etc.

I really don't want to live in an RV though although 3 people have looked at our house now. One of them is making an offer I guess? And well, gosh, if we get a decent offer early ON we might even like be able to just stay at some sort of hotel or something for a few weeks. Etc.

Anna

somdcomputerguy

vaper dedicato
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
    Nicsolution!

The husband stated they make freezers that plug right into your car somehow and then other places when you take them out of the car.
    I have a DC to AC inverter or converter, I mix those two terms up all the time. It plugs into a 12 volt cig lighter and has an AC outlet on the other side of it. It's a fairly low wattage one (400 watts I think), I've only used it to power a box fan and a table lamp. I used it once to power my laptop. Bigger (wattage wise) ones are made though. The one I have monitors the DC voltage going in, so it will shut off before the vehicle battery gets too drained to start the engine, I would think they all do.

Rossum

Eleutheromaniac
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 14, 2013
    SE PA
    I have a DC to AC inverter or converter, I mix those two terms up all the time. It plugs into a 12 volt cig lighter and has an AC outlet on the other side of it. It's a fairly low wattage one (400 watts I think),
    I'm not sure how you could get 400 watts from such a device. Most car lighter sockets are on a 10A fused circuit. That's a reliable 120 watts, and you could perhaps push 150 with the engine running and system voltage up above 14V.

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    I'm not sure how you could get 400 watts from such a device. Most car lighter sockets are on a 10A fused circuit. That's a reliable 120 watts, and you could perhaps push 150 with the engine running and system voltage up above 14V.

Maybe the same way they can make a welder that puts out 300 amps and only pulls 30-40 amps on the primary. Power transistors(IGBT) that switch at high frequencies to change the power from DC to AC.

somdcomputerguy

vaper dedicato
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
    Maybe it's not 400 watts and it's really 40 watts. I only looked at the sticker on it once or twice when I first got it, and that was about 10 years or so ago..

somdcomputerguy

vaper dedicato
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
    Last edited:

Lowjumper

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Apr 7, 2015
    Union Mills NC

You hook it direct to the battery.
    The largest I have is 1250w, pure sine-wave, hooked to 4 Li-Po 12 v batteries. Using a solar bank for recharging.
    The average freezer will only draw 60w running, it's getting it started! That takes 250 to 500 w for a second.
    So she could run her freezer while driving down the road with no problem, the inverter would have to be turned off any time the engine isn't running. So it,s not really a good plan:unsure:

stols001

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    May 30, 2017
    IDK but the husband examined it and yeah, it will work. Will it have to enter the hotel room every night? Probably. But I think the idea is you GET it cold, then sorta keep it there. I mean, a half hour stop for lunch is no biggie. IDK I will bug him to look on line. I think there are some weird stuff you can do with a car battery to boost it somehow IDK.

I hope.
    Anna

mikepetro

Vape Geek
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Feb 22, 2013
    Newport News, Virginia, United States
    Last edited:

Rossum

Eleutheromaniac
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 14, 2013
    SE PA
    Maybe the same way they can make a welder that puts out 300 amps and only pulls 30-40 amps on the primary. Power transistors(IGBT) that switch at high frequencies to change the power from DC to AC.
    Volts * Amps = Watts.

You can step up current (amps) by stepping down voltage, but you can't get more watts out than you put in.

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    Volts * Amps = Watts.

You can step up current (amps) by stepping down voltage, but you can't get more watts out than you put in.

I know but it still amazes me how they can make such a small machine have so much output. I guess the boosting of the voltage and high speed switching just allows them to use a smaller transformer before filtering and switching the AC to DC. Just wishful thinking.

Rossum

Eleutheromaniac
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 14, 2013
    SE PA
    I know but it still amazes me how they can make such a small machine have so much output.
    Modern switching power conversion is pretty amazing. As an example, just look at how small the boards in regulated mods are.

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 16, 2010
    So-Cal
    Perhaps they can be forgiven?

Just an FYI.

I wanted to buy a Gallon of VG and a Liter of PG before the Sept 9th Drop Dead Date. So in the interest of Forgiveness, I bought them from Heartland Vapes.

Bronze

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 19, 2012
    It was never a matter of if but rather when my chest freezer would not be running for an extended period of time. I mean, nothing runs non stop, right? It was off for 72 hours. I don’t worry about the nic. The pizzas and fish sticks are another story. What’s sad is it was self inflicted. Had to unplug the freezer so as not to overload the circuit while running the air compressor. Fine, but can’t forget to plug the freezer back in. Oops.

Fidola13

Totally Stashed!
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 20, 2017
    Boston
    Carolina Extracts in PG:

"Lightbox"
    J3868eN.jpg

Natural Light:
    O2azimJ.jpg

This nic was as close to odor-free as any I've ever had when I received it. The Room temperature sample seems to have have darkened the least of any of these samples. The fridge and freezer samples are for all intents and purposes indistiguishable.

This makes me feel a bit better about the 2liters of nix I’ve got in my refrigerator door because I ran out of freezer room with 7 liters.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread