Nic Level Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

cj11

ECF Veteran
Jul 21, 2010
easton pa
My question is still smoking light analogs 3 to 6 a day down from 20 to 25 not bad but would like to quit a together. I started with 18mg liquid and have not went any higher. may want to try 24mg.

Would it be easier to quit with a higher nic level and does the taste change as well also how much nic is in the average light analog.

Please help will be ordering some more shade in the morning dont want to make a mistake.:unsure:

Sorry this is a double post i put this up in another thread by accident but i guess the more answers the better

SimpleSins

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 18, 2010
SW Iowa
Keeping in mind that this is just my opinion, if you got down to that few cigarettes, you probably are okay nic wise. I went from two packs a day down to 7, down to 4, and then down to two over a couple of weeks. My nic level was around 16 at that time. I never really felt like I "needed" a cigarette, but for whatever reason during that time the cigarette was my preference. I then happened to get a 5V pass through and LR atties. I started using those and within two days the last two cigarettes- the morning and after dinner one- just fell by the wayside. However, I found that I couldn't continue using the passthrough and/or LR atties on a regular basis; it was too much and I was having the same tightness in the chest I got when I'd have a particularly heavy day/night smoking. It was just too much for me, and after the couple of days that I used them and they got me after cigarettes, I have put them both aside. I sometimes use them if I'm vaping something that I'm having a hard time tasting on my eGo or RiVa, but 90% of the time I am content now, just 10 or so days off cigarettes, on 6 mg nic.

In the event that it could be a nic thing, though, you could always get a higher nic level in a bottle of juice, and keep a cart/carto loaded with that, and when you get the urge for a cigarette, hit the 'big gun' first and see if that takes away the need for a cigarette.

Last edited:

CaptJay

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2010
A Brit, abroad, (USA)
Its hard to compare the 2 as what is in both nic wise will NOT be the amount you absorb (its always been this way). So if your liquid says 24mg nic there will be 24mg ni in the juice but you aren't going to metabolise 24mg of nic per drag on it.
You should find a juice that keeps you off the cigs (if that indeed is your goal) and just use the 'number' as a guide (going over 36mg isn't recommended by most people but for some its the only thing htat works, and they only use that in very small doses btw - couple puffs every hour or so). Many start high,(not usually as high as over 36mg though lol) then come bit by bit. Some come down to nothing, some prefer to keep their nic and jsut go down to a comfortable level that doesn't make them run for a pack of smokes. Some find they need to supplement vaping with Swedish snus or snuff.
If 18mg isn't enough for you then by all means try 24mg - doesn't mean you have to stay there forever, just means that's what you need NOW to stop your craving.
You may also just need TIME. Not everyone stops smoking the first week they get their PV.
As to you other question; I personally think taste CAN change a little with higher nic as nic has a bit of a peppery aftertaste to it (I think so anyway..) but it shouldn't change a lot if you're only going up a little amount of nic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread