Nic OD or somthing else

Status
Not open for further replies.

Magish

Jan 8, 2009
I had been using a generic pen style for 2 weeks or so everything seemed fine. then all of a sudden i was shakey and pounding heart beat. several days later i feel better, but im still having strange heart palpatations every now and again. Im not using my e-Cigs right now just the analogs ( sucks because i had just got that new dura and yentl and can't use them ) any way i had been using low carts except one day i used a high.

my question is, is it normal to have symtomps from one over dose for days, or is it somthing else thats messing with me like the PG?

Magish

Jan 8, 2009
Well i agree with you, i should and i will, however sadly this forum knows more about these particular devices then the doctors will.

im really trying to decide if its worth continuing or not.... it i think im leaning towards giving up though, i really don't want to hurt myself. well will see i guess its hard when you just bought a bunch of hardware... its like throwing away money. better then my health i suppose =)

dc2k08

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 21, 2008
.ie
www.e-cignews.com
this is worrying, you are not the only one to report something like this. this is a side effect of nicotine. it makes the heart beat irregularly but most of us don't notice it as we are either used to the nicotine levels or we are not vaping too much.

maybe you got some on your skin, or maybe you got a batch where the nicotine content was extra-ordinarily high, or there could be just something different in the way your body accepts nicotine in the form in which it as administered with an e-cig. I don't know but you and others who reported this would be good test subjects.

Frankie

ECF Veteran
Nov 13, 2008
Slovakia
What is your blood pressure when you do not vape?
What is your blood pressure when you vape?
The same for pulse.
And when you have measured it, try the same on a day with analog cigarettes only. You will see if the difference is better for analogs or vaping.
BUT:
If you are having a completely different problem, without medical help you might be getting it much worse.
If you OD-ed from vaping, you should be getting sick from analogs, because they deliver more in a given time.

Frankie

ECF Veteran
Nov 13, 2008
Slovakia
maybe you got some on your skin, or maybe you got a batch where the nicotine content was extra-ordinarily high...
Trog claims that he rubbed 1 ml of 36 mg e-liguid in the back of his hand and then continuosusly vaped the same from his cig. Lethal dose for adults is 40-60 mg, so he should have received almost a full LD. Allegedly he felt no adverse symptoms at all. According to his experiment our liquid does not absorb through human skin.
http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...sion/5010-lock-out-your-kids-2.html#post79165

Believe him at your own risk, though.

Last edited:

Kate

Moved On
Jun 26, 2008
UK
... If you OD-ed from vaping, you should be getting sick from analogs, because they deliver more in a given time.

Hi Frankie, can you tell me how you worked this out please?

... should be ok. i was told just to drink alot of water and avoid stimulnts

Sorry to hear you've not been well Magish. Similar stories have been reported here a few times, it can take a couple of days to work the effects out of your system even though nicotine doesn't last that long.

This is a good thread for information that might help - http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/health-safety-e-smoking/3598-nicotine-safety.html

Please stick with it, try low or zero eliquid, it's probably much safer than smoking.

Frankie

ECF Veteran
Nov 13, 2008
Slovakia
Kate: I read it in one of the reports for Ruyan, I think. They compared nic content per shallow and deep inhallation and the results for both were that it was *way* lower than with analog.

Is this a test question? Did I pass? What is the price? (I believe you were the one quoting the numbers I read...) Or Rephrase: I believe I read the numbers in one of your posts.

Last edited:

Frankie

ECF Veteran
Nov 13, 2008
Slovakia
Ah, I see now. Bad language in the first post of mine. ".. If you OD-ed from vaping, you should be getting sick from analogs, because they deliver more in a given time."
I meant he thinks he OD-ed and so he continues smoking analogs instead of e-cigs. If he OD-ed, he would be sick from analog cig aggravating the OD which can last for quite a time ("worst headache..." the guy stayed off nicotine longer than just a couple of hours). But I still think analogs provide more for a given time than e-cigs.

Kate

Moved On
Jun 26, 2008
UK
... I still think analogs provide more for a given time than e-cigs.

Well, I'd just like to add that I disagree, I think that is a myth that isn't helped by Dr Laugesen's changing measurements.

In my view everyone would be wise to take all nicotine absorption statements with a pinch of salt, do your own research, measurements and take note of your body. Until we have proper scientific testing of blood plasma nicotine levels we are all making it up.

Myk

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 1, 2009
IL, USA
Well, I'd just like to add that I disagree, I think that is a myth that isn't helped by Dr Laugesen's changing measurements.

In my view everyone would be wise to take all nicotine absorption statements with a pinch of salt, do your own research, measurements and take note of your body. Until we have proper scientific testing of blood plasma nicotine levels we are all making it up.

Science isn't politics and is allowed to adjust their findings (at least good science and not science for political means).

I agree testing of blood levels would be the thing that is needed as proof of how they compare.
But you would also need people who puff e-cigs and cigs the same way. Most I've seen in videos take deeper, longer drags more often with e-cigs.

Bellinghamster

ECF Veteran
Nov 20, 2008
Bellingham, WA USA
I get EXACTLY the same symptoms when I overdo the nic. Shakes, irregular HB, generally feel weird and icky. This can last for several days, especially if I don't drastically reduce my other stimulants (Caffiene, Ginsing, etc). It sucks, but for me it's temporary.

But standard "I'm not a doctor" disclaimers apply :)

Your doc's advice sounds spot on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread