Nic sources. And questions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dacholiday Dach

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Having finally made the decision to DIY after 8 yrs, I just dropped a big order with Nicotine Giant. I'm near Atlanta, so a one day trip on brown once they get the order together. I'll come back and share how it goes when the order comes in.
Great, they are certainly a lot closer for me as well.

Opinionated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2015
My Mountain
Im not buying salts. Im buying 100 mg nic in pg.

They sell small bottles as well as larger quantities..

Just buy a smaller bottle and use some in a mix and see how you like it before going all in on a larger order..

That way you know exactly what your getting, and whether or not its to your liking..

Reactions: fiddleshe

fiddleshe

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 11, 2013
Phoenix, AZ
They sell small bottles as well as larger quantities..

Just buy a smaller bottle and use some in a mix and see how you like it before going all in on a larger order..

That way you know exactly what your getting, and whether or not its to your liking..
How do suggest I store 3L in my freezer?

Opinionated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2015
My Mountain
How do suggest I store 3L in my freezer?

Yes I'm freezing.. that will extend the shelf life...

If your wanting long term storage, it's best to decant into Amber Glass Bottles, wrap in bubble wrap and store in freezer.

Bring to room temperature before use.

You'll probably want one bottle broken down into smaller quantities, since 100mg nicotine lasts a long time.. So two 1 liter bottles and multiple smaller bottles..

Vapntime

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2013
Brisbane, Australia
Im not buying salts. Im buying 100 mg nic in pg.

They sell CNT nicotine which is the best on the market, same as liquid barn. I ordered some to Australia and it was fine. Definitely getting my business because I like CNT nic and I have tried pretty much every other supplier in the US and UK. Good prices and service.

Pigs

Vaping
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 7, 2019
Sydney Australia
Thank you! When the time comes I will need advice on mixing!
I googled a recipe for my favourite juice - Vapetasia Killer Kustard today and got multiple recipes. I'm sure if you google whatever flavour profile you want to mix you'll come up with plenty of options. The members here will also set you right. As the DIY thing gets bigger (through necessity) there are bound to be even more threads sharing knowledge.

RedForeman

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 30, 2010
Georgia
Having finally made the decision to DIY after 8 yrs, I just dropped a big order with Nicotine Giant. I'm near Atlanta, so a one day trip on brown once they get the order together. I'll come back and share how it goes when the order comes in.
Replying to myself to share a great experience with my order from Nicotine Giant.

I placed the order Saturday just before the quoted post. A bit of everything, as this is my first time buying any of this stuff. 1/2L of 100mg/ml nic base in PG, 1/2L of PG, 1L of VG ought to be about a year's supply if not more. I guessed at the flavors to attempt a clone of an old ready-made favorite that went out of production 2 yrs ago. Also a small assortment of glassware, a few empty 30ml bottles, etc. Future replenishment orders will be a lot smaller. By my estimate, about 25% the cost of what I've been buying ready-made and that's including all the crap I only need to buy once. So really more like 15% if I had to guess.

Nicotine Giant is closed on weekends, and I knew that when I ordered. They filled my order Monday and got it shipped same day. This box was on my porch at 1pm today (Tuesday) via UPS Ground.

20190924_124055.jpg

Everything was nicely packed and buried in bubble wrap, liquids double sealed in ziplock bags. All the glass pieces were also wrapped/packed in paper. Nothing was broken or leaking.

20190924_124827.jpg

I am happy to report that I just about nailed my clone flavor on the very first try. After unpacking my order, I mixed up 30ml using a recipe app on my phone. I cleaned out my tank and put in a new wick, then filled with my home made product.

The taste is great, although the flavor is still a little flowery if that makes sense. Not unusual when vaping liquid that is freshly mixed. I think it will just get better once it sits a while. IMO the ingredients from Nicotine Giant are top quality. Even with this fresh batch, it's got a cleaner taste than the ready-made liquid I've been using.

Edit to add: My only really tiny nit to pick is the web based shopping has no order confirmation/acknowledgement email. In all the excitement of trying my first batch I almost forgot to mention it. You get an order number and summary on the site after clicking the buy button, but no automated follow up email to confirm the order has been accepted. Once the order was placed, there was no indication anything was happening until 2pm Monday when I got the email saying the order had shipped. All in all not a big deal, but somewhat unusual compared to most other online shopping experiences. Worth being patient for, IMO.

Last edited:

amoret

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 2, 2013
Sharon, ND, USA
I'm getting some variety in my nicotine now. I gratefully used My Freedom Smokes when they were willing to sell me their $50 special broken down into 125ml bottles when I also bought the bottles. The last time they still sold me the bottles but sent the nic in a plastic 1 liter bottle that I can't safely handle with my wonky hands. It's been frozen and thawed twice now, but is going to go in the back of the freezer for emergency use.

Now more people are selling smaller bottles of 100mg base, so I went upscale and ordered two 500 ml bottles from Nude Nicotine. I make up a batch of base with the nicotine level somewhere around what I want to end up at and use that for actual mixing. When the current knee jerk political craziness spooked me I went back to splurge and order more smaller bottles, but the same age verification system that had passed me the week before (I'm 68) spit me out.:confused: I contacted Nude Nic about it and their attitude was 'tough' and they said I wouldn't be able to buy nic anywhere.:grr:

I'm getting another liters worth from Wizard Labs tomorrow.:D I might just open some of each to taste test.

gerrymi

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 12, 2013
The 'Burgh, PA.
the current knee jerk political craziness spooked me

I've just started looking into DIY...

So far...I've figured out that I can use a 120ml. bottle and add...6ml. Nicotine 100mg./ml + 5ml. Flavor + 89ml. VG/PG Base...(to end up close to 6mg. nicotine ejuice)...

And I've found 120ml. Bottles (OSDS) that are easy-to-squeeze plastic with dispensing tops...but with NO ml. markings on them...

So...what is easiest/quickest to use to measure 5-6 ml. and 89 ml. quantities...beakers, graduated cylinders, syringes ???

RedForeman

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 30, 2010
Georgia
So...what is easiest/quickest to use to measure 5-6 ml. and 89 ml. quantities...beakers, graduated cylinders, syringes ???
I'd say syringes would be the fastest, no muss way to measure small quantities. Downside (from when I used them years ago to fill carts) is the measurement marks are ink and will eventually rub off.

With my one and only batch, I used a combination of the supplies you mentioned for a 30ml batch. I admittedly splurged a little on the equipment. I could have gotten the job done with the larger cylinder, a 10ml syringe, and the appropriately sized empty bottle.

A 5ml disposable pipette worked fine for the tiny quantity of flavor. The narrow part is graduated in .25ml to 1ml near the bottom of the bulb. So presumably the bulb holds an additional 4ml if you filled it completely. Good enough to measure off 0.6 and 2.4ml of flavor. For a larger batch I'll use my 10ml cylinder.

I used 10 and 50 ml graduated cylinders for the larger quantities (4.2, 7.8, and 15ml). The only tip I can offer is pour slow. The cylinders fill fast and you'll miss your mark rather easy. When I did over fill a little, I reused the pipette to draw back down to the desired level and return the excess to the big bottle. I'll get better at this with practice.

I blended into a 50ml beaker both to see the measure and a large opening to stir it. I could have just blended into the empty 30ml bottle since that's how much I was making, then just shake it.

Get a tiny funnel. Filling those little bottles would have been a mess without it.

The cylinders are a little more pricey, but have more precise markings (0.2ml for the 50, 1ml for the 150). The beakers were marked, but in coarse increments (5ml for the 50, 12.5ml for the 150).

I chose those sizes since I planned to mix 30ml batches at first to get my flavors right, then move to 120ml bottles. I've previously bought my ready made liquids in 120ml bottles, which usually last me about 3-4 weeks. I figured that would be a good starting point until I decide on how frequently I feel like breaking out the lab equipment to make more, then clean and put it back away.

amoret

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 2, 2013
Sharon, ND, USA
I've just started looking into DIY...

So far...I've figured out that I can use a 120ml. bottle and add...6ml. Nicotine 100mg./ml + 5ml. Flavor + 89ml. VG/PG Base...(to end up close to 6mg. nicotine ejuice)...

And I've found 120ml. Bottles (OSDS) that are easy-to-squeeze plastic with dispensing tops...but with NO ml. markings on them...

The easiest and most accurate is to use a scale. There's a good mixing by weight thread pinned here. And a juice calclator makes figuring the amounts and recording what you've done. I use and highly recommend New Calculator to try

(the 'new' in the thread title is 2013)

• Informative
Reactions: gerrymi
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread