Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr.Mann

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2011
All over the place
The inconsistency is very minimal. Most won't recognize it. Just a few do.

That makes me feel a little better, but then again, I likely would be in the few if it is to be noticed at all considering I vape unflavored and do not consider it to be tasteless. But minimal inconsistency is acceptable as long as it's still the signature taste I got with the last batch.

r77r7r

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
  • Feb 15, 2011
    Pa,LandOfTaxes
    Thanks. I love the regular nic from VT (though I haven't had a lot of it). I use it just like how you described, but having a nic more like MFS but better would likely be my go-to for vaping unflavored -- and I've been vaping a lot of unflavored lately.

I find it difficult to vape unflavored w/o something "dirty" in the nic. Can't do the super pure ones. I've settled on WL after trying several different brands. Have you tried vaping WL regular unflavored yet?

Mr.Mann

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 30, 2011
    All over the place
    I find it difficult to vape unflavored w/o something "dirty" in the nic. Can't do the super pure ones. I've settled on WL after trying several different brands. Have you tried vaping WL regular unflavored yet?

Nope. I imagine my next sampling will be of NN and then WL. How does NN stack up to WL?

Jimi D.

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Oct 26, 2010
    Florida Keys
    That makes me feel a little better, but then again, I likely would be in the few if it is to be noticed at all considering I vape unflavored and do not consider it to be tasteless. But minimal inconsistency is acceptable as long as it's still the signature taste I got with the last batch.
    You should be fine then ;)

wolcen

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Mar 9, 2011
    Boston, MA
    www.wolcen.com
    Hey gang! It's super to see familiar faces still - haven't been around in a while.

I'd had some RTS a friend here sent me, used that up, along with all the WL varieties I had. I have to agree Jimi - the Ice was my favorite. I've only added one more to my "been tested" list, which may be passee at this point, who knows, but here's where I am now.

I've switched from a mouth-lung vaper to a most-of-the-time mouth-lung-er, with the occasional bouts of lung hits, now that I have appropriate setups (or else also slipstream occasionally). So, I vape lower than I used to with that (<10mg), otherwise around 15mg.

For my most recent purchase, I decided to try ECigExpress's nic. The color in the bottle (120ml) is light amber and it's quite viscous (in 100% VG). In a 10ml bottle, it appears pretty much clear. No odor to speak of, minimal taste. Good TH, not overly-peppery at all to me. I enjoy it. As a frequent unflavored vaper, I do taste it, but it's what most would probably consider tasteless. I haven't actually had any flavors with me since I've received it. It's definitely kept me very well satisfied regardless.

I'll have to catch up with whatever y'all are vaping these days and see what's good. It would appear John's still keeping very busy, but I haven't heard anything about Ice nic lately (no, it's not menthol - just a refined, clean nic)... perhaps it's time to form a petition for him to get that stuff again! :p I can't honestly say I'm a huge fan of the regular WL nic. I've never had anything bad from there, but it's just not what I favor - the WL Ice very quickly spoiled me.

Last edited:
    I'm new to diy, but am always mixing different flavors and brands to make my own juice. I plan on getting a diy starter kit soon and want some opinions on that too, but in this post my main question is what is the best nicotine solution for adding to pre-made brands? I constantly find great flavors but they only have 0% or 3%, and want to be able to just add a bit of nic to get my 6%, and vape away. (I know some mixing/steeping may be required). What nicotine solution has least flavor and should I get PG based, VG based, or 50% PG/50% VG?

Ramsay Bolton

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Aug 25, 2013
    Beyond the Grave
    The big boys are still making a profit selling their nic bases for 40 or 50 bucks. It costs 95 bucks a kilo for that cheap stuff I used to vape. Dilute it down, and you now have ten liters to sell. They also use the cheapest pg and vg. It's like 400 bucks a drum. I like my humectants that cost 1100 bucks a drum. All in all, we were getting raped at the beginning.

Jimi D.,

You used to buy your nic base from the Village People? :ohmy:

Ramsay Bolton

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Aug 25, 2013
    Beyond the Grave

Jimi D.

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Oct 26, 2010
    Florida Keys
    A new nic I've not yet heard of. Website in UK is all I can find.... Not horrible pricing, but the shipping???
    I just ordered a liter, and a bunch of flavorings. The shipping costs are not that bad for me. I would like to see these bases sold here in the states. Simply because the nic is diluted properly in a lab, with European humectants. I'm just in it for the best quality possible. :)

r77r7r

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
  • Feb 15, 2011
    Pa,LandOfTaxes
    I just ordered a liter, and a bunch of flavorings. The shipping costs are not that bad for me. I would like to see these bases sold here in the states. Simply because the nic is diluted properly in a lab, with European humectants. I'm just in it for the best quality possible. :)

Thanks.

It seems like they may be making their own PG and VG?? Have you sampled them also?

squag

Dec 5, 2014
    CA, USA
    I signed up to the forums today just so I could ask some questions to people participating in this thread. You all seem to be acutely aware of the tastes that can come up while vaping.

I have been using unflavored 24mg/ml mix form MFS, which I cut to about 8mg/ml and vape unflavored. I'm not a fan of big throat hit or pepper taste. I like the thick sweet taste of VG. I have been beating my head against the wall trying to come up with a consistent build that produces the flavor I am after. I've only been at this a couple a months so I know I don't know a lot.

Sometimes a build will taste just how I like. But usually within an hour or less it becomes harsher. The worst thing for is the nose hit - that stinging almost chemical feel when exhaling through the nose. I don't have the slightest idea why it is there sometimes and other times not. I thought for a long time my builds were bad, but when I tried vaping a no nic blend, the taste was perfect and it lasted - it was just not very satisfying. So it must be the nic, right? But why is it so inconsistent?

Anyway, I found this thread last night and I think I'll have to try some cleaner nic. VT? Other suggestions? Please let me know if there is anything you think I'm missing or don't understand.

Thanks

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread