Nicotine Comparisons

Status
Not open for further replies.

mwa102464

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Oct 14, 2009
Outside of the Philadelphia Burbs, NJ & Fla
I just went back to the other thread for the first time and saw that, and its also the first time I have seen this thread. I have spoken to Cyrus Vap numerous times in the last 2 weeks and he hasnt mentioned either once to me. Which I have to highly respect in him for letting me find this thread and that other post by myself.

Now onto the Nics, I have to be honest and say I do like the RTS, and I find mine to be very clear, I also store all my Nic in the freezer in filed up glass bottles to the top as much as possible, and I re-seal them with a shrink seal when I take some out and put a new shrink seal on them after again, so there isn't much oxygen getting to my Nic to help it along getting a yellow tint to it and I've been keeping my Nic in the freezer long before RTS opened too. I've used Chris's Nic from MFS, Andrews from CrystalClear, Levy's from Extreme, a platinum Ice from Europe, and a few others over the last few years, I haven't tried ecx, or vz's Nic. I'm not gonna say anything bad about any of them as there all decent vendors and I know them all on a first hand/name basis accept VZ, and all there Nic is good quality stuff. I cant compare on the TH thing simply because I havent ever done a side by side test. I order all my Nic in a 100MG/VG Base and I'm just not big on TH any longer since I quite the smokes almost 3yrs ago I've fallen further away from the TH thing and enjoy the Nic buzz much more. I did find that WTA seemed to have a good TH when I tried it, but I dont want those other parts that aren't extracted from that Nic mix anymore.

I think the only way to really subject ones self to finding out which the very best is ( for themselves ), would be to see the actual extraction process used in each, seeing it go into the bottle after, how its all handled, stored, and trying all of them fresh out of the gate to really see if you could tell which you though was the best. I also would love to make 6 of the same flavored juices using each vendors Nic in the same MG,PG,VG base and see if anyone could really tell the difference in a blindfold test. I'd bet you wouldn't be able to get them all right, just like most cant with bottles of vodka or even beer and champagne most of the time :)

I will do just that, I happen to have some Nic in the deep freeze, I will dilute all 6-8 different brands that I have down to a 16mg base and take a few vapes of each, I will mark each bottle of what is what, and then cover it up so I don't know, and vape each flavorless Nic base and see if I can not only see a big difference but see if one or two stand out over the others and get back to this thread at some point, don't hold your breath I'm not rushing this either. I'm waiting on some flavorings to come in and will be mixing toward the middle of this week and do it then. :) let ya know my results. I personally feel the best Nic is one that goes through the very best of extraction process myself and is more refined over one that's not, others may feel differently,,,,

The other thing I really wonder in all of this is, if all these Nic's aren't all coming from not only the same origin but the same extraction plant in China to begin with, and what happens after that may vary :)

Last edited:

Zaratoughda

ECF Veteran
Jan 4, 2011
NE Pennsylvania
Hmmmm... I am not an expert on all this stuff and also am a person that saw the link in Randy's thread and so came here to take a look (and have bookmarked the other nic sites mentioned).

But, there is one thing here that sticks out like a sore thumb. How the HELL can you compare nic in a VG base to nic from other vendors in a PG base???

Again I am not an expert on all this stuff but, there is a major EJ seller that I get a lot of stuff from and not too long ago he posted something along the lines of.... "Oxygen is the enemy of nicotine, and VG makes this much worse and he would never sell nic in a VG base".

And this seems wise to me except... there are those that are ALERGIC to PG, and that is the ONLY reason I can see for selling VG based nic, but it is a valid reason (and important I would think for those that are alergic to PG).

But, otherwise, slight yellowing, less TH, etc, all this can be attributed to the VG base.

Uh, in any case, if you wanted to write an objective comparison I can't see why you didn't do it with PG based nic from all vendors.

But of course, in the end you basically say that the RTS nic ain't that bad it's just that you don't like Randy's response to certain customers and other vendors.

And, yeah, there is no question Randy could be a bit better in that regard (lol). But, how would YOU feel if you put all the work he put into starting his new business (ain't easy getting L-nicotine manufactured here in the US) and all the fanbois of other vendors come along and do their best to try to stop you before you got off the ground (thankfully, after having made FOOLS of themselves, they have now stopped coming around).

The good news here is that everyone is free to buy their L-Nic from whatever vendor they so choose, and for whatever reasons they so choose.

But otherwise, if a review has a basic flaw so obvious that even *I* can see through it...

Ug, good grief. I wasn't planning on responding to this thread.

wolcen

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 9, 2011
Boston, MA
www.wolcen.com
Why would the nic be any less potent when the review samples were both mixed to 33% PG / 67% VG? i.e. why does it matter what solution the nic started in? (unless perhaps it was sitting in the particular carrier for an extended period)

I hadn't come across the info on the oxidation being faster in VG, but I can see how that might contribute to the color anyways based on your information.

mwa102464

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Oct 14, 2009
Outside of the Philadelphia Burbs, NJ & Fla
Why would the nic be any less potent when the review samples were both mixed to 33% PG / 67% VG? i.e. why does it matter what solution the nic started in? (unless perhaps it was sitting in the particular carrier for an extended period)

I hadn't come across the info on the oxidation being faster in VG, but I can see how that might contribute to the color anyways based on your information.

wolcen, I wouldn't buy into that post, here say is easy to repeat, scientific Proof is another matter and stands taller always. My old tester 100MG VG Base Nic in the deep freeze that is over 2yrs old is as clear or clearer then my PG of the same Nic... The Oxygen is the obvious here, but every Major Nic supplier I know will sell VG Base Nic no problem. And the 33% PG / 67% VG wouldn't be any less potent,, Lastly who the heck is EJ ? Cmon now

Shilo

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 27, 2011
Here & There
Thanks for another honest- without -being- offensive review Cyrus. This is a difficult hot button subject that may of us don't even discuss openly because frankly we aren't as diplomatic as you are. :D and somehow a battle of opinions ensues.

You are blessed with the ability to say things in such a way that people, whether they agree or disagree--- like you just the same. Keep on my friend.

Cyrus Vap

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 8, 2011
Bay Area, California
One poorly controlled variable here is the VZ nic obviously uses their PG, and my VG, while the RTS nic uses my PG, and their VG. That said, I don't think its an issue.

Thank you for your input Zara.

I disclose all specifics that I believe are relevant before reviewing anything as variables are variable.

"I think" is the essence of any review.

"How the HELL can I..." is answered simply by

1) I don't share your premise that VG based nic is inferior or problematic *at all.* Not sharing your premise, we come to entirely different conclusions as to what can and cannot be done.

2) Because "I think" is what drives review, coupled with "this might help others." Therefore, that is "how the HELL I can."

As for the nic, I didn't say it's not bad, I said it was stellar. Interesting that I said this once, quoted it once, and yet...

And, yeah, there is no question Randy could be a bit better in that regard (lol). But, how would YOU feel if you put all the work he put into starting his new business (ain't easy getting L-nicotine manufactured here in the US) and all the fanbois of other vendors come along and do their best to try to stop you before you got off the ground (thankfully, after having made FOOLS of themselves, they have now stopped coming around).

For adults with a rational faculty, feelings do not justify actions, actions justify actions. Not sure how RTS feels, I just know how RTS acts.

For the insane, children, and animals, all of whom do not have a developed rational faculty, actions are nothing but feelings transmitted through impulse, and that's another issue.

Thank you Shilo :)

Wolcen:

Yes, but I believe 1) the premise is false 2) ECX VG never yellowed 3) VG xtreme vaping nic has been sitting in my drawer for a week and is clear as water, stay tuned for integrated review ;)

Mwa...LMAO :)

Last edited:

Ealisaid

ECF Veteran
Sep 9, 2011
Pinehurst, NC

Clarity of Color:
Ever read all those posts about how crystal clear RTS nic is? Well it's not. It arrived with a nice yellow tint, on par with the appearance of aged MFS nic. Its not gross or bad looking, its slight, but its there. Not a big deal necessarily, as nicotine will oxidize with time and yellow a bit, there's nothing we can do about it. So color doesn't necessarily mean anything per se. But it's still off putting.

I tried to take pictures side by side with the VZ nic, which after some time is absolutely crystal clear...when I say clear, I mean *clear* (as was the ECX). Problem is the lighting in my room was actually making the yellow tint look significantly worse than it is, and I didn't want to misrepresent my eyes, so I skipped posting it. Let's just say I'd normally make labels for this kind of a test, and I didn't have to, as the RTS is readily identifiable by its appearance.

In terms of clarity of color, I'd say its VZ = ECX > MFS > RTS

Pardon me if I'm asking a really stupid question, but what difference does color make? I see a lot of posts talking about "clear" nicotine, but what does clarity indicate? Is clear nic fresher or freer of impurities or something?

wolcen

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 9, 2011
Boston, MA
www.wolcen.com
Pardon me if I'm asking a really stupid question, but what difference does color make? I see a lot of posts talking about "clear" nicotine, but what does clarity indicate? Is clear nic fresher or freer of impurities or something?

From post 18. I think there are further responses, but I'd have to re-read more and I'm somewhat lazy today :p

wolcen said:
Cyrus Vap said:
They won't miss that I'm fully aware of yellowing as a natural process, just don't prefer GETTING my nic that way.

My thing was that I just never know how it starts out. Since nicotine's MSDS says "Yellowish-brown. Colorless to light yellow" and I've also never seen (nor read of anyone seeing) it straight from the lab, I've been guessing that yellowing of nic could only provide a very approximate age and/or handling of the nic since I can't compare it to how discolored it may be to start with. It does seem though that everyone - vendors included - back up the idea that if you can notice any discoloration, then it's notably changed from what they see in the freshest possible nic juice.

PS - If "EJ" is a "whom" of some sort...I'll guess I'll try a female version so longs as it has reasonable return policy (someone care to describe? :ohmy:). When did this become business for major distributors? I never knew of any! LOL
(In re: #24 "Lastly who the heck is EJ ? " & #22 "there is a major EJ seller that I get a lot of stuff from")

Last edited:

Cyrus Vap

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 8, 2011
Bay Area, California
The RTS nic remained in its plastic bottle, in my dark closet, in an air conditioned room that remains cool anyway, right next to the VZ nic in its plastic bottle and glass bottle of MFS.

(I know, not the best technique, but I'm running out of glassware AND freezer space. And many of you fine folks have hipped me to specialty bottle...not the point of this post)

I opened the bottles; no change in MFS, the VZ is utterly clear and odorless

And the RTS smells. I mean smells. MFS has a strong odor, there's no question about it. But this is just as strong, and not as pleasant. The color hasn't changed much since I got it, but ...it smells.

I mixed up a batch of my new pipe extract at 30% flavor, and 18 mg nic.

It stinks. Bad. Everytime I open the bottle to drip, every time I put my nose near the drip tip...it stinks.

The pipe extract I made is really strong, very aromatic, and I can't even smell it under that haze. Luckily it vapes just fine, albeit with subdued throat hit, so I'll get my moneys worth. I can still smell it if I stick my nose in the vape cloud, but that is nothing new as noted in the OP.

But in all honesty, I'm avoiding inhaling anytime I get near the 'naked' juice.

EDIT: Actually, I lie. It tastes like it smells, and its ruining my juice. Down the drain this is about to go.

Cyrus Vap

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 8, 2011
Bay Area, California
r77 did you get a replacement too? LOL. Gotta love MFS customer service, but the replacement bottle they sent me has the same issues as the original. Not my favorite, I do think its a great nic, but a little strong on the odor.

That said I can vape MFS under 22mg and be happy, not the case here. This is disgusting.

Just mixed my xtreme vaping nic up to the same specs as the OP, my god its unbelievably good. Stay tuned for the 5 way review ;)

r77r7r

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
  • Feb 15, 2011
    Pa,LandOfTaxes
    Great customer service from MFS to send me a replacement, it just would've really helped if they checked it first,lol. Same as first, not as horrible as some.

Heard since I've been here that XV was good stuff, haven't tried it, I'm very happy long-term now where I'm at. I'm leery now trying others out because RTS sells wholesale to alot of these places.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread