Nicotine Comparisons

Status
Not open for further replies.

52anddone

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Why not just pour some into a 120 ml bottle place in a safe cool dark place and leave the lid off for a week. You will have some real peppery TH then.

I've never tried what you purpose, but think that the way Nic is processed is more important as far as TH and Pepperyness (??) is concerned, unless you have tried that method and found success.

52anddone

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Seriously, you could try Hiliq nic from China. Alot of Aussies actually get their nic from them. It's definitely on the 'stronger' side and peppery.

Do you have any links to some of the OZ forums so I can do some reading ?? I'm a BIG reader ya know.;)

52anddone

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
If memory serves me well, My Freedom Smokes had very peppery nicotine. I don't know if they still do.

If I remember correctly from reading back from Page #1 in this thread, MFS at some point changed processor or distributor and the strength of Pepperyness and TH went down and got all civilized. I could be wrong though, as my memory is getting very suspect here lately.:(

JeremyR turned me onto ECX as being one of the best Nic's for TH and that Peppery feel in the back of the throat, but that was over 3 years ago and I don't know if things have changed since then, and I don't believe we even talked about Chinese Nic then, so that is an avenue I had not explored at all, till now that is.

Last edited:

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2015
If I remember correctly from reading back from Page #1 in this thread, MFS at some point changed processor or distributor and the strength of Pepperyness and TH went down and got all civilized.

The nic I bought from them was in Nov. 2015, and it was too peppery for my liking. Don't know if that was before, or after, any distributor changes though.

Fozzy71

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 7, 2016
8 Mile + 2.5
I am still vaping some MFS i got in December 2016 and it is very clean,no pepper taste at all.
ditto, i got a liter or two of theirs around the same time and never noticed an issue even vaping unflavored but I only vape 3 - 4.5mg.

Dubminer

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 10, 2016
ditto, i got a liter or two of theirs around the same time and never noticed an issue even vaping unflavored but I only vape 3 - 4.5mg.
I only vape unflavored and have been using the MFS at around 20 mg. Really is pretty smooth. No idea what their current stuff is like,it has been well over a year since i used them. Still got about half a liter of 100 mg of it in the freezer.

IDJoel

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 20, 2015
Boise, ID
I've never tried what you purpose, but think that the way Nic is processed is more important as far as TH and Pepperyness (??) is concerned, unless you have tried that method and found success.
Not Dubminer, but.... ;)

Something is rattling around in my empty brain pan, that thinks I recall @Kurt mentioning doing this (intentionally oxidizing), to bring out additional flavor and TH. I want to say is was in conjunction with some of the Box Elder nic discussions.

Wait, never mind:facepalm:, found it:
Fact: if you just let some nic sit out for a while in LDPE bottles (normal dropper bottles), as it gets colored it will gain pepper, TH and possible a slight tobacco-like taste (although not always). So that nic that you think now is too "invisible" can definitely be improved! This can take months, however, especially VG-nic. But when it gets to where you like it, you can freeze it in glass and keep it like that forever. Been doing this for a few years, with excellent results. I like that completely invisible nic is available, since it is ultra-pure, but I personally find it boring and without that sensory feedback, I tend to vape too much nic.
and:
Unfortunately for some here, since the market has gone towards more "invisible" nics, I don't think we are going to see any like those rougher ones that were so common a few years ago. An option to this is oxidation, which I generally do in LDPE over many months. This can give very good results for those that have patience. Of course for many this ruins the nic, and I've occasionally had less than ideal results with this approach. The only purposeful oxidation I know of in current nics is VT TH, which is their premium Chemnovatic that has had O2 bubbled through it.
A note on this previous quote; Kurt mentions in another post that VT stopped O2 bubbling in favor of open air agitation:
TH: Chemnovatic nic + carrier mixed at high speed paddle-mixing exposed to air for about 3 hours, in order to introduce some O2. As Kevin says, "I beat the $#!T out of it!!" Bottles are filled with N2 purge to help stop the oxidation where it is at the end of the mixing. He started out bubbling O2 through 100 mg Premium a couple of years ago, but has since gone to high-mixing with air exposure.

@52anddone, I don't know if any of that will help you, but it is something to think about.:D

52anddone

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
@IDJoel :thumbs:

Thank You very much for your research on this, I remember reading something about what you posted by @Kurt but couldn't remember exactly what, so I didn't say anything for fear of mis-quoting him. Yes, I will be thinking about those posts for sure, and Thank You again.

I still remember reading about all the tests that @Rossum did with several different Nic's, but that has been awhile ago (years), and to do those same tests now would prolly yield different results, as from then to now the Nic's have, more likely than not, gone thru at least some changes, for a variety of reasons.

@Vapntime

I hope you have found some links for me to read over on the OZ forums (since you are from there). I have no Idea where to look, or what they might be called so I could do a search for them.

Vapntime

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2013
Brisbane, Australia
Hey hey, you can search the aussie site just for Hiliq if you want, however I believe there were 1 or more 'on the take' there for promoting Hiliq nic. A lot of negative posts stating that Hiliq was harsh, peppery etc were immediately 'set upon' with 'its fine, its great, its your hardware etc'. lol, but anyway here are a couple from ECF about Hiliq.

Thanks all. I fixed the link in the OP. From what I read it sounds like exactly what I'm looking for: smooth with no taste. I've only gotten nic from one source so far (HiLiq) and the smell, taste and harshness was not what I was looking for.

Nicotine Harshness #12

Capt.shay

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 10, 2013
W. Ma. U.S.A.
I also strongly suggest "aging" your nic. as I have to others before with the same peramaters. Take a small sample about half full, lid on, and put it in a warm windowsill for a week or two until it turns a nice dark color. You can burp it every now and again to introduce some fresh oxygen. This nic. will definitely have more throat hit than before. I have done similar unintentionally and it was so peppery I threw it out.

Cool_Breeze

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 10, 2011
Kentucky
I also strongly suggest "aging" your nic. as I have to others before with the same peramaters. Take a small sample about half full, lid on, and put it in a warm windowsill for a week or two until it turns a nice dark color. You can burp it every now and again to introduce some fresh oxygen. This nic. will definitely have more throat hit than before. I have done similar unintentionally and it was so peppery I threw it out.

Thanks, Capt. How about 'pepperiness?' While I might like TH, I'd rather avoid pepperiness.

52anddone

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran

I might try your suggestion Capt. My only problem is that this time of year I don't see much Sun Shine, from any window sill.

Last edited:

52anddone

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Hey hey, you can search the aussie site just for Hiliq if you want, however I believe there were 1 or more 'on the take' there for promoting Hiliq nic. A lot of negative posts stating that Hiliq was harsh, peppery etc were immediately 'set upon' with 'its fine, its great, its your hardware etc'. lol, but anyway here are a couple from ECF about Hiliq.

Nicotine Harshness #12

Thanks @Vapntime, I'll start my research now on this.:thumbs:

P.S. I misunderstood you and thought you were talking about forums that were in, and based out of Australia, not here on ECF.:facepalm:

Last edited:

Capt.shay

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 10, 2013
W. Ma. U.S.A.
Thanks, Capt. How about 'pepperiness?' While I might like TH, I'd rather avoid pepperiness.

I think TH and peppery kind of go hand and hand here but if I was aiming for a scratchier hit but trying to control peppery I would take samples as it changes color. Probably every 5 days or so after it starts to change. Find the flavor you like and then you can put it back in the fridge/freezer to hold it.

52anddone

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran

I guess I'll have to wait for Summer time, as it's been either raining or snowing for several weeks now up here.

Reactions: stols001

Vapntime

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2013
Brisbane, Australia
Thanks @Vapntime, I'll start my research now on this.:thumbs:

P.S. I misunderstood you and thought you were talking about forums that were in, and based out of Australia, not here on ECF.:facepalm:

Yea, I was, just search hiliq or Hiliq nic on aussievapers.com

Last edited:

Dubminer

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 10, 2016
I guess I'll have to wait for Summer time, as it's been either raining or snowing for several weeks now up here.
You do not need to wait, just leave a small bottle open for a few days and let it oxidize. Oxygen will do the trick, sunlight or heat is not needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread