Nicotine Comparisons

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mirags

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 16, 2012
Linwood NJ
Well I just taste tested Nude Nicotine at 18mg in nic base and Vapers Tek at 20mg in nic base. I found by my picky taste buds that NN was less peppery flavored than the VT - but not by much so to me these will be my go to brands for nic base:vapor: (Oh they were tested on the same equipment just different colors.) Remember to Live and Let vape:2c:

These are my two favorite. I have tested them side by side on numerous occasions. I have about a liter of each in the freezer. The taste is real close. I vape at 10 mgs and I don't get pepper from either. I feel like the flavor of my juices are a little cleaner and more pronounced with the vt. But that is with vanilla and custard flavors so this may not be the case with tobacco flavors. I have a feeling that nn would be better with tobacco. The one thing I favor with nn is the glass bottles they arrive in. Also I have the argon added to the bottle for long term storage. If that's really true I'm not sure. Also nn comes with paperwork showing its purity level. But on the flip side I feel like vt has better customer service. With all that being said, I find myself reaching for the vt more than the nn. But you can't really lose with either.

I would really like to try the Nic's from these places (RTS, MFS, ECX, and VZ),but you guys are killing me with abbreviations only. Not only do I not know the websites, but I don't even know all of the names to be able to look them up. I am looking for a place to get some high quality nic. HELP! Thanks guys. Sincerely and God bless.

Dixie1954

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 28, 2014
Springfield,Oregon,USA
At the beginning VT's nic was very smooth and there was no pepper whatsoever. As time went by I've noticed more burn in the product. VT's nic still gives me great results with the flavorings. One day I hope to taste that initial batch that I first had. If not, I'll still enjoy it. :) Enjoy the NN Dixie :)
Thanks Jimi - It is hard to do good juice without good nic and we are so lucky there are many different kinds to try. I just wish they would all sell a small sample size it would save lots of time and money in the long run:blink::p

Dixie1954

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 28, 2014
Springfield,Oregon,USA
I would really like to try the Nic's from these places (RTS, MFS, ECX, and VZ),but you guys are killing me with abbreviations only. Not only do I not know the websites, but I don't even know all of the names to be able to look them up. I am looking for a place to get some high quality nic. HELP! Thanks guys. Sincerely and God bless.

https://www.rtsvapes.com/ (RTS) https://www.myfreedomsmokes.com/ (MFS) Electronic Cigarette, Clearomizer, USA e-Liquid, e-Cig Juice, DIY Flavors, Wholesale Nicotine, Empty Bottles for E-Liquid - ecigExpress (ECX) https://vapingzone.com/ (VZ) I hope this helps;)

Jimi D.

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 26, 2010
Florida Keys
I did a side by side flavor comparison with VT vs. XTR nicotine's. I mixed them last Friday. The flavor was Inawera Classic Cigar 12 drops. 45/45 PG VG, 10% water.

With the VT nic, the sweetness from the honey was more pronounced. The tobacco blends perfectly. Just a well rounded honey cigar flavoring.

With the XTR, I taste more tobacco, but the tobacco tastes different. More like a cigarette. Especially on a nose hit. The sweetness from the honey was barely noticeable. In fact, I did not enjoy it as much. Quite bland I must say.

VT nic still remains king in the flavor dept. It's gonna be tough to beat it.

billherbst

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2010
Columbia, Missouri
www.billherbst.com

Jimi,

Have you tried VT's "gamey" nic? It's very slightly colored and isn't quite as smooth as VT regular, but I was surprised to find (in informal comparisons) that it seems to me very close to VT regular nic in not masking or altering flavors. Regular VT still wins the blue ribbon for transparency (both color and flavor), but the gamey version isn't far behind, in my opinion.

MikeE3

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2011
Skippack, PA
I did a side by side flavor comparison with VT vs. XTR nicotine's. I mixed them last Friday. The flavor was Inawera Classic Cigar 12 drops. 45/45 PG VG, 10% water.

With the VT nic, the sweetness from the honey was more pronounced. The tobacco blends perfectly. Just a well rounded honey cigar flavoring.

With the XTR, I taste more tobacco, but the tobacco tastes different. More like a cigarette. Especially on a nose hit. The sweetness from the honey was barely noticeable. In fact, I did not enjoy it as much. Quite bland I must say.

uh oh - I'm still finding my way around 'in here'. XTR wasn't in the latest lists of vendors. Who be XTR? Thanks

billherbst

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2010
Columbia, Missouri
www.billherbst.com
XtremeVaping was the first vendor I from whom I ever bought liquid nic, way back in October, 2010, my very first month of vaping. I don't remember anything about the nic, but XTR nic has generally been praised on the thread for its purity, but criticized for its price (1 liter of 100mg/ml is $329.95---yikes!). I still use XTR for Want2Vape flavorings.

Cool_Breeze

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 10, 2011
Kentucky
XtremeVaping was the first vendor I from whom I ever bought liquid nic, way back in October, 2010, my very first month of vaping. I don't remember anything about the nic, but XTR nic has generally been praised on the thread for its purity, but criticized for its price (1 liter of 100mg/ml is $329.95---yikes!). I still use XTR for Want2Vape flavorings.

I recently purchased some VG, 100mg Xtreme Vaping nic...a small quantity to test how I might like VG nic. Xtreme was also the first nic I purchased in 2011. The latter purchase was fine and while clear, it had or gained some color not long after purchase. It was a very pale brownish(?) color. it was as good as ever and helped me not to have concern when my pale gold Heartland Vapes VG, 100mg nic arrived recently.

jensy

ECF Veteran
Feb 10, 2014
Fort Nelson, BC, Canada
In my opinion Vapers Tek is the best nic out there. What I notice most is no pepper taste and now I can pick out all the different nuances in my juice. With other nic that I have used I was using more flavoring to help mask the pepper taste but even with more flavoring you still had a very harsh feel to the juice.

When you have great nic that enhances your juice paired with the fact that Vapers Tek has the best customer service around my search is over.

Cyrus Vap

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 8, 2011
Bay Area, California
There was a time when XTR's prices made sense, in that if you wanted something that pure and clean tasting, you had no other choice. Then wizard labs ice came along at bargain prices. ECX was also incredibly clean, not as clean, but impressive and at a great price before the switch to alchem.

Now Ice and the 'clean' ECX are gone, but VT is here. As I've said before in my opinion the nicotine k3vin first sent me is as clean and likely cleaner tasting then both and Ice and XTR, and at the price point its an absolute steal. I am going on memory as I no longer own any ice or extreme, so anyone that can do a real comparison, I would be all ears.

But my point is XTR's prices no longer make any sense for me. If 'pure tasting' is what sets the price point of nicotine (I realize this isn't true but just a thought experiment), then XTR and VT should be around the same price, and all the rest should be significantly less.

Couple that with the fact that k3vin as an honest, humble and straight forward guy that is unbelievably dedicated to making people happy. They guy will CALL you and do everything in then some to ensure you're happy with his product. And I know for a fact he's mixing and cutting his nicotine in the most controlled, optimized environment, which he proves with photos, etc. The guy is absolutely nutso bananas about perfecting his craft.

Going VT for clean and pure is a no brainer, and dirt cheap at the moment. Even the "more peppery" nic that they sell is absurdly clean in comparison to things we normally consider like WLR, MFS, and RTS, and likely as good as XTR and Ice (again I don't have any anymore so I can't verify this, but I use the 'clean' and 'pepper' variants everyday and barely note the difference unless I'm looking for it). A 120ml sample of the "pepper" variant is going for pennies right now:

Nicotine - Vapers Tek

The price cuts we're seeing at MFS and RTS just tell me that the mark up has always been exponential, as they can clearly afford to go lower. There is no way in hell VT and XTR aren't paying significantly more for their nicotine, and so in a way I understand what Levy at XTR is doing. But k3vin is going above and beyond selling a premium product that he pays out the nose for at prices that are beyond competitive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread