Nicotine Comparisons

Status
Not open for further replies.

MotherNatural

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
It's strange that opinions on Heartland vary so much. I bought a liter in June, I've been using it since then and am completely happy with it. I vape it unflavored sometimes and mixed with a little menthol most of the time. My working bottle of 10mg base has been at room temperature since then and shows, at most, very, very slight tanning.
I've noticed no off taste whatsoever.

This is my experience with Heartland also. There must indeed be a QC issue for there to be so many varying opinions.

Cyrus Vap

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 8, 2011
Bay Area, California
As you recall I had issues with MFS nicotine when they switched to alchem, and recently they've switched back to their old supplier.

I got a 1L bottle of the new batch this week. The solution is very clear with a slight tint only noticeable in a clear glass bottle against a white background, side by side with something clear (VG, PG, etc).

The nasty alchem burnt rubber kerosene odor is no where to be found thankfully. It smells just like MFS used to smell to me, somewhat 'basic' or 'alkaline' and earthy with kind of a caramel thing. Entirely pleasant.

I mixed some down and am vaping it, and I feel its confirmed, MFS has gone back to their old good stuff, and I hope they're sticking with it. I won't repeat what I've said about MFS 'flavor profile' as you can dig it up in this thread, but basically unflavored this has a killing throat hit, burn and kick. This is much cleaner tasting than the 2011 MFS that I have, just like what I was sent last summer in a 'blind test' (MFS vs. Nude) from an ECF user. At 6 mg and 28 watts I can barely taste it, but it very 'full-bodied' for lack of a better term. I love this nicotine, and happy that MFS has returned to their roots.

Thanks TaylorMade!

billherbst

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2010
Columbia, Missouri
www.billherbst.com
As you recall I had issues with MFS nicotine when they switched to alchem, and recently they've switched back to their old supplier.

I got a 1L bottle of the new batch this week. The solution is very clear with a slight tint only noticeable in a clear glass bottle against a white background, side by side with something clear (VG, PG, etc).

The nasty alchem burnt rubber kerosene odor is no where to be found thankfully. It smells just like MFS used to smell to me, somewhat 'basic' or 'alkaline' and earthy with kind of a caramel thing. Entirely pleasant.

I mixed some down and am vaping it, and I feel its confirmed, MFS has gone back to their old good stuff, and I hope they're sticking with it. I won't repeat what I've said about MFS 'flavor profile' as you can dig it up in this thread, but basically unflavored this has a killing throat hit, burn and kick. This is much cleaner tasting than the 2011 MFS that I have, just like what I was sent last summer in a 'blind test' (MFS vs. Nude) from an ECF user. At 6 mg and 28 watts I can barely taste it, but it very 'full-bodied' for lack of a better term. I love this nicotine, and happy that MFS has returned to their roots.

Thanks TaylorMade!

Call me foolish, but I just augmented my 3-liter freezer stash of liquid nic, with a fourth liter in the fridge, by ordering 2 more liters of MFS on the last day of the sale. I tried to weigh the odds of FDA regulation of liquid nic sometime in the next five years, came up with the answer that it's a complete unknown, but decided that 50 bucks a liter (with free shipping for two liters) for the "old full-bodied good stuff" with a hint of "alkaline, earthy, caramel" flavor and ample "throat hit, kick, and burn" from MFS was just too darned good to pass up.

Like investing in a case of fine wine for the cellar. Wait! I don't have a wine cellar, and I don't even drink wine. Oh yeah, what I have is a freezer full of liquid nic. LOL.

Reactions: DaveP

krewblink

ECF Veteran
Mar 20, 2009
California
Well Sorry about the Blurry Labels, In transit both of the liter jugs slightly leaked.

48mg 100 vg ( 4 months old) The throat hit is perfect. was using 50/50 pg/vg as well 48mg and the throat hit was perfect.

20140830_151835.jpg

This is 100mg 50/50 PG/VG 1 week old
20140830_151015.jpg
20140830_150949.jpg

This 100 Mg nicotine was giving an extremely harsh throat hit! I mean super bad..... I vape 6 mg at 30/70 VG.. very little PG. But seems like the nicotine is either bad or tooo potent. I am still confused. The Nicotine is very brownish.... Nude nicotine and vapetek are very Clear and better tasting. This is just my personal Opinion and feelings. others might be different. I Used to think Heartland was my Go to nicotine but this brownish color and horrid throat hit wont make me come back. and it does smell weird... like rubber.. even in a glass container... Again this is just my personal opinion.

JeremyR

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 29, 2012
Oregon, IL
Been vaping the mfs unflavored a lot; by choice. It's coming across really good for a nic base. Good flavor to it, nice throat hit. Being that I reach for this along with my fairly strong Arabic tobacco is really cool.

Well after the alchem scandal... It tastes like they have got the good stuff back! I'm pretty happy with it. Still need to mix some WL up to compare. But from what I remember of WL from a few months back I think the mfs tastes better.... Well tried the WL, and I have to say i think I like the mfs more.

I like a strong nic with a good stand alone light nic flavor to it. I only vape tobacco flavors.

Last edited:

Crunktanium

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 2, 2013
Florida (east coast)
I was about to order Heartland tonight as they always had good reviews ($53.50/L with shipping) now I'm on the fence.

I have a juice rotation that has been in my car and baking in the super hot Florida heat for nearly a month. Each day I vape a bit sometimes I bring something else along in my pocket. None of my juice has gone bad if anything the nic might have dropped to almost nothing. But none of the bottles have turned brown or anything like that. Just the typical red and gold that my juice normally has after a good sun bath. However nic does not degrade as fast at lower dilution so that needs to be considered.

Still I have to wonder how old nic must be for it to turn a brown hue. Hard to believe this stuff is changing color just from the heat in shipping. I took a 6ml vial of 100mg WL nic (completely clear) out with me for a day in the summer heat. No color shift occurred and I even left it sitting outside in the elements on the back of my car overnight. So it had a full day of environmental abuse so far and I will do more testing over the next couple days. I want to see how long it takes before I manage to turn clear nic into brown nic and if shipping may truly be a factor at play.

Cmoke

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 24, 2014
Mokum, NL, Europe
Based on opinions in useful threads like this, I am planning to make some nic orders that will settle me for the years to come. Being limited to those suppliers who still ship to Europe I was about to order some from ECX too, since previous opinions were rather positive. It seems however that ECX has recently changed their supplier. Looks like ECX is now sourcing from Alchem.

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/ecigexpress/591799-new-nicotine-prices.html

Anyone having tried their nic base recently? How is the taste, odor and th in comparison to the previous nic base from ECX?

Ian444

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 26, 2013
QLD, Australia
One thing I did was get nic from different suppliers, to avoid putting "all the eggs in one basket" as they say. I'm not that fussy on taste, but I do want it to be usable when it comes out of storage.

Which nicotine comes from China, just a few brands or many brands? Where is the rest of the nic made? I would rather source USA-extracted nic if I could.

WillyZee

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 23, 2013
Toronto
shout out goes to Kevin ... dude, this VT nic is a game changer for sure.

I literally just dumped out all of my ADVs made with my previous nic ... I wouldn't even feel right to PIF, knowing I can make juice of this quality.

Kevin ... If you hear digging out back ... no worries ... it's just me, digging the tunnel from Toronto Canada :blink:

Cheers

Edit: how about customer service? ... just received a phone call from Kevin @VT

guy calls me long distance to Canada ... I am very happy to meet you Kevin ... I cannot believe how your nic has drastically changed what I thought was good eJuice.

now back to digging that tunnel ... winter will be here soon :blink:

Last edited:

Cyrus Vap

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 8, 2011
Bay Area, California
Call me foolish, but I just augmented my 3-liter freezer stash of liquid nic, with a fourth liter in the fridge, by ordering 2 more liters of MFS on the last day of the sale. I tried to weigh the odds of FDA regulation of liquid nic sometime in the next five years, came up with the answer that it's a complete unknown, but decided that 50 bucks a liter (with free shipping for two liters) for the "old full-bodied good stuff" with a hint of "alkaline, earthy, caramel" flavor and ample "throat hit, kick, and burn" from MFS was just too darned good to pass up.

Like investing in a case of fine wine for the cellar. Wait! I don't have a wine cellar, and I don't even drink wine. Oh yeah, what I have is a freezer full of liquid nic. LOL.

I hope it does good for the RY4 master :)

shout out goes to Kevin ... dude, this VT nic is a game changer for sure.

I literally just dumped out all of my ADVs made with my previous nic ... I wouldn't even feel right to PIF, knowing I can make juice of this quality.

Kevin ... If you hear digging out back ... no worries ... it's just me, digging the tunnel from Toronto Canada

Cheers

Edit: how about customer service? ... just received a phone call from Kevin @VT

guy calls me long distance to Canada ... I am very happy to meet you Kevin ... I cannot believe how your nic has drastically changed what I thought was good eJuice.

now back to digging that tunnel ... winter will be here soon

VT is king of the hill when it comes to clean, neutral, and customer service !

Jimi D.

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 26, 2010
Florida Keys
I only have a couple more hours to ponder this...

So...with MFS' new (old) nic, should I get a liter of that on sale or should I stick with VT. Keep in mind that I can taste VT nic, even at 3mg/ml strength (I'm extremely sensitive to the taste and feel of nic).
Emile, MFS has a very hard TH. I would classify the TH as habanero pepper.

billherbst

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2010
Columbia, Missouri
www.billherbst.com
Ah. I'd better stick with VT, then. :)

Sounds like a smart decision.

Many of the nics discussed on the thread---including MFS---seem to me well-suited to those of us with slightly less-sensitive palates who also like a certain ballsiness in our nicotine experience. That said, I have a 240ml bottle of Vaperstek and find it quite special in its clarity and crisp smoothness. I'm very glad to have it on hand for mixing certain flavors, but overall I actually prefer nics that are a bit more "down and dirty." Vaperstek nic seems ideally suited to more sensitive palates and those who appreciate clean neutrality in their nic.

Emilie

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 5, 2011
Twin Cities, MN
Sounds like a smart decision.

Many of the nics discussed on the thread---including MFS---seem to me well-suited to those of us with slightly less-sensitive palates who also like a certain ballsiness in our nicotine experience. That said, I have a 240ml bottle of Vaperstek and find it quite special in its clarity and crisp smoothness. I'm very glad to have it on hand for mixing certain flavors, but overall I actually prefer nics that are a bit more "down and dirty." Vaperstek nic seems ideally suited to more sensitive palates and those who appreciate clean neutrality in their nic.

Thank you. I just saved me $50 I didn't have because you actually answered a question I've been asking all month long. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread