The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Nicotine intake calculation on vaping

Discussion in 'General Vaping Discussion' started by Mobc1990, May 13, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Mobc1990

Mobc1990 Senior Member ECF Veteran

Jan 18, 2019
    Johor Bahru
    I read somewhere that for a pod system at 15W with a 25mg juice,the intake here is high of course.Lets say I am using sub ohm,60W@6mg,which I read that is equivalent to 6X4 compare to the pod system,so my intake of nicotine per ML is 24mg,is that true even though many people doesn’t care...

• Like Like x 1
  2. sonicbomb

sonicbomb Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Feb 17, 2015
    1187 Hundertwasser
    It doesn't really matter. If don't get enough you will know, if you get too much you will know.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  3. Wow1420

Wow1420 Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Feb 17, 2013
    Somewhere out there
    I don't think watts has anything to do with it. Mg and quantity matter.
    1 ml at 24mg = 4 ml at 6mg

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. DaveP

DaveP PV Master & Musician ECF Veteran

May 22, 2010
    Central GA
    Mobc1990, It's all about the way you hit it. Long drags will give you more of a buzz. Short puffs not so much. 24mg is definitely on the high side for MTL vapers and on the extreme side for DTL cloud blowers.

If you are trying to quit smoking, high nic is what you need. As you get used to vaping and have done away with the cigarettes, that's the time to lower nic. Drop it over time to a point that satisfies and keeps you from wanting a cigarette. You'll know where the sweet spot is as you continue to vape. Satisfaction is key no matter where your nic levels are.

If you lower the nic and start wanting a cigarette, boost the nic back up to a point where you don't think about smoking. More is better until you get a handle on the urge to smoke.

• Like Like x 4
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Love Love x 1
  5. Eskie

Eskie ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

May 6, 2016
    NY
    As @Wow1420 stated, it’s volume and concentration caped per day. I started out mtl with 24 mg juice and caked about 2 ml a day, or 48 mg intake per day. Now I’m a dL or restricted dL of 6 mg juice and about 8 ml per day, or 48 mg per day. Go figure.

Of course that’s not what I might be absorbing per puff or total daily. That would require individually performed blood testing to measure nicotine concentrations as you vape daily. But that’s not really feasible or necessary. You can figure out your intake easily. If you want to know if that is a safe intake, well, unless you’re dizzy, nauseous or other sign if too much nic, you’re fine.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. DaveP

DaveP PV Master & Musician ECF Veteran

May 22, 2010
    Central GA
    Mobc1990, It's all about nic satisfaction. If you vape high nic you might find yourself satisfied with fewer puffs per day unless you continue to vape like a fiend and get used to high nic. Then, it might be that your nic addiction requires you to continue vaping high nic juice and you are back to a cigarette like habit and it's time to taper off over time. The good part about vaping is that you have incremental control over the nic you vape and it's easy to lower the nic over time.

Even then you are better off vaping high nic than you are smoking.

• Like Like x 3
  7. Mobc1990

Mobc1990 Senior Member ECF Veteran

Jan 18, 2019
    Johor Bahru
    I think your right there,on at least I didn’t return to smoking...

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. Vapemesilly

Vapemesilly Super Member ECF Veteran

Mar 21, 2017
    Nevada
    There is much vape stuff, hardware, liquids, types of vaping, nic, nic salts...etc....it's easy to get wrapped around the axle and overthink it. Vape what you enjoy and enjoy what you vape.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Alien Traveler

Alien Traveler Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Jul 3, 2014
    United States
    Nowadays it's the same as with calories uptake: less is better.

10. stols001

stols001 Moved On ECF Veteran

May 30, 2017
    I don't really think it's valid on any level: the uptake and calories.

There are empty calories that don't sustain you, there are vegetables like cucumber and lettuce and celery that not only contain almost no caleries, they actually take MORE calories for your body to process them than are IN the dang food.

No one thinks anymore. As to uptake less is more, I will say my son quit sub0hming with very little difficulty. He wasn't exactly happy but through the worst of it in a couple weeks.

When he relapsed and bought a Juul, he had to TAKE up smoking to quit the Juul, "It was grosser," he said. That is in fact a testament to vaping supper high nic. Like a rat with a pellet less is sometimes not more.

I TOLD him after one puff (and I was a 3 ppd smoker) "I don't know what is in that but it is way too rich for my blood," and handed it back. I had to try it, and to instantly decide, "Do I want all the lovely customizable vapes I have, or the evil demon Juul and be a rat with a pellet until the politicians take away that pellet too."

I didn't even hear that many COMPLAINTS when flavors were banned, the pelleting rats moaned a bit and switched over.

I dearly would like to know the "proprietary ingredients" in that thing they might be used in mind control experiments I think.

Anna

11. vaper1960

vaper1960 Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Apr 24, 2019
    California, US
    Like others have said, only you will know what works for you. A simple way to look at it is how many mg (of nic) do you vape a day? Multiply the nic level (mg/ml) times the amount of ml you vape. 12 mg x 5 ml = 60 mg per day. 6 mg x 5 ml = 30 mg per day. 25 mg x 5 ml per day = 125 per day. Just my personal opinion, but if you are vaping over (or even close to) 100 mg per day it's too much.

• Like Like x 1
  12. vaper1960

vaper1960 Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Apr 24, 2019
    California, US
    When quitting smoking, do what you have to. After awhile, you can reduce your nic level. I needed 18 mg at about 4 ml a day (many people need much more than that)

• Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.