Nicotine overdose tingling cold limbs Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigCap

ECF Veteran
Jul 21, 2014
Earth
Well next time, even if it's cold, open the garage door a bit on the bottom is that possible?

Though, it strikes me a bit that you can vape ~3mg but not smell a multiple of 4.
I've got here a bit of 100mg, or 10%, and unless you cram your beak into it, it does not evaporate to the ambient air. Even then, sure, you can smell it a bit, but hardly.

I am not sure either bud. I think my conditions have a bit to do with it psychologically. Although it definitely is odd that I have a lot of the Nic OD feelings that I have read about. I know I couldn't go 4+ hours without a few puffs since I started vaping, and I still am not craving any Nic, just the thought of vaping right now turns my stomach a little.

Not finding all the information out on how long these cold tingling feelings all lasts for, just can't wrap my finger around it.

Man, I enjoy diy'ing so much too, I really don't want to go back to them stinkers. I wI'll definitely open the garage up a bit next time, and I'll have to get me a fan too.

Toronnah

ECF Veteran
Jan 10, 2012
Canada
I was just curious if anyone had OD on nicotine from diy'ing in an unventilated area before, that's all. And I hope you don't ever have to walk in my shoes.

No one does, but please, please call your local poison control center next time. If you are in distress you will have an answer much sooner.

Reactions: YoursTruli

Spencer87

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 24, 2014
Jakarta- Indonesia
  • Deleted by Spencer87

Boden

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2012
Lexington KY
I was just curious if anyone had OD on nicotine from diy'ing in an unventilated area before, that's all. And I hope you don't ever have to walk in my shoes.
The dosage you might get from 12mg/mL fumes would be very low in comparison to vaping any strength.

If you can take Asprin I recommend taking a low dose and visiting your primary phiscian as soon as possible. Describe your symptoms to them over the phone before you go.

Reactions: BigCap

twgbonehead

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Apr 28, 2011
MA, USA
BigCap,

The problem as I see it is that your symptoms just don't make sense, not coming from inhaling fumes from a 12mg bottle, or even from skin exposure to 12mg liquid.
You say you vape a lot of 3mg, which should give you a lot more nic than just breathing fumes from a bottle, or a couple drops on your skin.

So, although your symptoms might match nic overdose, they also match a number of different poisoning symptoms, and it probably isn't nicotine at all. The fact that it "comes and goes" is not at all symptomatic of your exposure. Because of this, I strongly suspect that it is something else entirely in your environment. Do you have a CO detector (and does it have good batteries?) Anything else new in your environment (new cleaning supplies, new diet, anything like that?)

In any case, I think you're wrong about the cause of your symptoms, and if you jump to the conclusion that it's from your DIY (particularly when you've done this many times before with no problems) you could be overlooking something else which is much more serious.

I do not mean to trigger your anxiety any further, but perhaps you might try getting out of the house for a while, and see if your symptoms go away?

edyle

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2013
Port-of-Spain, Trinidad & Tobago
I did cut the grass earlier today, and my sons bounce house is deflated in there with one of those blow up machines that was just taken out of the box today and used for the first time, There is also a gas can, Thats pretty much it aside from my vape supplies on the shelves.

The sugar seems to help a little bit I have noticed. I would head over to the ER if it, but unfortunately I can't afford that at the moment. The symptoms are all still the same, sometimes it's more intense, sometimes hardly any cold tingles. Right now I guess with the sugar it's helped a bit where it's certainly less intense.

I'm thinking it was something else in that unventilated garage.

gas can ?

Reactions: AndriaD

papergoblin

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 16, 2013
alabama
My ex wife had anxiety and that in and of itself can cause things on its own. She would feel like she was having a heart attack, asthma attack, dizziness, nausea, etc.

I'd seek medical attention, then get a good carbon monoxide tester, maybe do a radon test, check for any gas leaks (since you said there was a water heater in the area, assuming it's gas).

Doors being shut does not stop fumes, smoke, water, etc. Doors are not air or water tight, so being shut means very little when talking about leaks.

You could be sensitive because really at your mg, many people vape more at higher levels a day. I have sensitivity in my eyes but never had it happen with nic fumes. Do not lean over the bottle, loosely put the cap on in between fills and keep it as far away as you can when mixing, that should help some. I would also look into buying nic from a different source to see if that alleviates some issues.

Go to the doctor, let them run tests if need be, put hands and eyes on you. Do not take health advice from gremlins on the internet, lol. (Joke ppl) Relax and go get checked out, this might be a sign of something else.

twgbonehead

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Apr 28, 2011
MA, USA
Btw, I am freezing cold and not hot or sweaty at all. It seems to dim down some, and then all of the symptoms seem to come back. That happened about 3 or 4 times now. I have scoured the net and can't reallyfigure this all out. I really didn't want to come on here and bother anyone with something silly that could be a slight nic od & major panic. I just would like some reassurance that I am not dying (as crazy as this may sound) I am super paranoid when it comes to handling the nicotine that's why I always get the lowest possible concentrate when I order....

The fact that it is coming and going makes it almost certain this is not coming from exposure to anything in the garage. A much more plausible scenario (if you live in a climate similar to mine) is that your furnace has started to come on, and it's putting out carbon monoxide. This is fairly consistent with the symptoms described. There are also many other possibilities. Your symptoms seem severe enough that you shouldn't just wait for them to go away.

Jumping to the conclusion that this is nicotine-related is dangerous!

bluecat

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 22, 2012
Cincy
I believe I did get a nicotine OD (slight) from DIY before or at least I think. Never had it before or again. I was using 12mg as well. I do it by my sink with no gloves. It got pretty messy and I was having an awful time not getting the base everywhere including my hands. I did not wash them as I wasn't concerned because 12mgs is low stuff. I did not get the tingly in my finger or hands but I got a very strange feeling and the sweats. Felt lightheaded and other things. I washed up hands got a glass of ice water and sat down on the couch. The feeling lasted around an hour and dissipated.

This was 3 years ago. I still DIY the same.

Just my experience with it and I am not a doctor nor do I play one on TV.

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
angryvaper.crypticsites.com
Does anyone know how long this nic od will last? Or if I should worry about very serious OD problems kicking in (such as sick feeling, dizziness vomiting)? I wish I could fall asleep, but My mind is wandering and my panic seems to come in spurts with all of the symptoms as well.

It sounds more like an anxiety attack than a nic OD. 12mg is really not that much, 1.2% -- I work with 100mg, often get it on my fingers, which I just rinse in cold water (warm water opens pores, so cold is best for nicotine removal). Just normal home ventilation, nothing out of the ordinary.

I'm thinking you need to just vape less... which might require slightly increasing the nic in the juice you're vaping. Even 3mg could cause nic "OD" symptoms if you never set it down, or you're vaping at high wattage/low ohms.

Andria

ETA: usually the FIRST sign of "nic OD" is nausea, and/or stomach pain -- not tingling.

crxess

Grumpy Ole Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2012
Williamsport Md
I am VERY concerned you have an underlying issue.

I work with 100mg and have gotten it on me many times with -0- effect. I'm only 128lbs and 62yrs so the body isn't real resistant.:cool: My work area is not Vented and I see no reason it needs to be.
None of the products we mix are High evaporation, except a few flavors.(fruits)

You almost sound Diabetic, or pre diabetic.
I would strongly suggest you have some standard testing done. Blood work, etc.

mattiem

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I am thinking your mind sent you to places you really didn't need to go and blew a super tiny event (the tip of your pinky) way out of proportion. I have ptsd and I know how the mind can make small things into humongous things. Thoughts can start echoing in the mind and just keep growing. I hope you are feeling better this morning. If not then it sounds like time to start checking your home for the cause. I can't see it being the nic at only 12mg.

Only you know yourself and only you can know if your panic attacks are something that happens on a regular basis and if you have or should see a doctor about it. Good luck.

Pushbutton

ECF Veteran
Dec 7, 2014
Vienna, Austria
I would also suggest seeing a Doctor.
Nicotine absorption through the skin is very slow and i'd say nothing to worry about with 12mg juice, unless you cover very large portions of skin with it and leave it there for an hour or more.
I've never seen any 'fumes' when mixing juice for the last year and a half. Evaporation at room temperature should be fairly low.
Your issues seem unrelated to the DIY'ing to me.

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
angryvaper.crypticsites.com
I would like you to see a doctor. I have neuropathy (tingling hands and feet). I know some causes are:

Carpal tunnel
Lyme disease
Diabetes/hypoglycemia

I'm sure there are many others.

I'm thinking a panic/anxiety attack could do it, too. Those stress hormones can do awful and unexpected things.

Andria

roxynoodle

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 19, 2014
Ohio
I'm thinking a panic/anxiety attack could do it, too. Those stress hormones can do awful and unexpected things.

Andria

Never underestimate the power of your mind.

I'm too embarrassed to say on the internet what I found out last month my brain has managed to train my body not to do. I didn't know it was possible.

YoursTruli

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2012
Ohio
so about 2 hours ago I was making a bunch of 30 mil bottles of Ejuice. I chain Vape pretty much all day at 3mg. I have a 500ml bottle of 12mg nic that I was cutting down to 3mg in 7 bottles. I usually make 3-4 and I am fine. But I had the bottle opened for about 15 minutes. And I wore gloves and I was in my garage (but no ventilation). I made sure nothing spilled on me, however some did get on the tips of my gloves and I do sweat when I am DIY'ing...oh I washed my hands after handling the nic also. Well about 15 minutes after I was finished with the nic, I noticed my left pinky started tingling/cold. I didn't think anything of it. Then about 20 minutes later it traveled up my left arm. I started freaking out. Now I have a severe anxiety disorder so I'm in full blow panic as I am typing. It has also traveled now to my right arm and right hand, and both feet. I do not feel nauseous or dizzy at the moment. (About 2 hours later). I seem to be getting better, then I will get a fast heart rate and start going into panic mode. This has happened a couple times now. I really would appreciate if any fellow friends and vapors could help ease my mind a bit.

I have drank plenty of water, I just now managed to eat 5 crackers and a spoonful of sugar as I read that helps.

Hopefully someone can ease my mind over here as to how long this usually last for as I amfreaking out.

I just don't get it, and I have been DIy'ing for over a year now, never has this happened before.

Thank you in advance, any help is greatly appreciated.

I would go see your doctor. The signs and symptoms of a panic attack develop abruptly and usually reach their peak within 10 minutes. Most panic attacks end within 20 to 30 minutes, and they rarely last more than an hour.
A full-blown panic attack includes a combination of the following signs and symptoms:
  • Shortness of breath or hyperventilation
  • Heart palpitations or a racing heart
  • Chest pain or discomfort
  • Trembling or shaking
  • Choking feeling
  • Feeling unreal or detached from your surroundings
  • Sweating
  • Nausea or upset stomach
  • Feeling dizzy, light-headed, or faint
  • Numbness or tingling sensations in the hands and fingers
  • Hot or cold flashes feeling sweaty or having chills
  • Fear of dying, losing control, or going crazy
  • Sense of terror, or impending doom or death

MattyTny

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 8, 2013
New York
If you're feeling anxiety symptoms like heart palpitations or similar effects it's most likely from something else. It sounds like you were careful enough to not get any nicotine on your skin, which can cause odd feelings like the tingling skin.

It's possible you triggered an attack too, but you already know that. I would take suggestions from other members and see your doctor if you're worried, always good to hear from someone you trust. Try not to obsess until you get checked out either, totally works against you.

Make sure you eat well too, doing anything including vaping on an empty stomach isn't good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread