Nicotine overdose tingling cold limbs Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigCap

ECF Veteran
Jul 21, 2014
Earth
Thank you to everyone who has commented, it really means a lot, and I was worried some trolls/bullies were going to get on here and say crazy things and freak me out even more. I would have went to the ER, or called a doctor as many suggested, I simply cannot even afford it at the moment (thank you obummercare).

I believe what happened here is that I vaped A LOT on Sunday, really a lot in an rda around 40 watts at 3mg, which I am not really that accustomed to doing all day. I didn't get nauseous from that or dizzy or anything. But I definitely took in a lot of nic that day.

I usually just chain vape my subtank at around 12-15 watts at 3mg. Yesterday, I was up very late and I wanted to get a few recipes steeping. I also don't think I vaped nearly as much as I did Sunday. I think I could of had nicotine withdraw symptoms (which some can feel the same as an overdose), pair that with my wonderful disorders, and I had a full blown panic attack (which I have had hundreds of times in the past and have always been able to control with my medication). For some reason, I was unable to get myself under control because I was having all of these crazy feelings that I assumed were associated with OD symptoms. I think maybe just knowing some of the nicotine overdose symptoms, I started to believe that it was actually happening to me, even though I have made thousands of ml's in the past without any problems except whenever I open my nic, it ALWAYS burns my eyes, I have noticed the burning more so with PG nic, than the VG nic. I always hold it about a foot away so I am not directly over it.

Anywho, today I am feeling a little better, I am kind of out of it, va bit fatigued, and still a little on edge, but nothing like yesterday. The cold tingling numbness in my arms and legs had went away for the most part after about 4 hours, as well as the rapid heart beat, right before I was finally able to calm myself down and finally get some sleep. The mind works in mysterious ways I suppose. Today I have mainly just been vaping 0mg just to be on the safe side, although I am extremely irritable! I have taken a few puffs here and there of 3mg at 12 watts, seems to be helping me some with my irritability.

Again, thanks to everyone who commented and tried to help me in anyway possible. It really means so much. I cannot thank you guys and gals enough. For anyone that has anxiety/ptsd/panic attacks, or has any loved ones suffering from these conditions, I thank you greatly for your kind understanding.

HazyShades

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Jan 7, 2015
Sandbox, USSA
so about 2 hours ago I was making a bunch of 30 mil bottles of Ejuice. I chain Vape pretty much all day at 3mg. I have a 500ml bottle of 12mg nic that I was cutting down to 3mg in 7 bottles. I usually make 3-4 and I am fine. But I had the bottle opened for about 15 minutes. And I wore gloves and I was in my garage (but no ventilation). I made sure nothing spilled on me, however some did get on the tips of my gloves and I do sweat when I am DIY'ing...oh I washed my hands after handling the nic also. Well about 15 minutes after I was finished with the nic, I noticed my left pinky started tingling/cold. I didn't think anything of it. Then about 20 minutes later it traveled up my left arm. I started freaking out. Now I have a severe anxiety disorder so I'm in full blow panic as I am typing. It has also traveled now to my right arm and right hand, and both feet. I do not feel nauseous or dizzy at the moment. (About 2 hours later). I seem to be getting better, then I will get a fast heart rate and start going into panic mode. This has happened a couple times now. I really would appreciate if any fellow friends and vapors could help ease my mind a bit.

I have drank plenty of water, I just now managed to eat 5 crackers and a spoonful of sugar as I read that helps.

Hopefully someone can ease my mind over here as to how long this usually last for as I amfreaking out.

I just don't get it, and I have been DIy'ing for over a year now, never has this happened before.

Thank you in advance, any help is greatly appreciated.

Hello. Relax.
I read the first page of this thread and so far I think
a. Don't forget to take your meds
b. If your med is Xanax it's time to switch meds.
c. Have you been tested for diabetes or hypoglycemia?

See, I DIY and get 24mg nicotine on me all the time.
I also vape a lot and used to smoke 3PAD when I quit. I've never had the symptoms you described
from ingesting nicotine or getting it on my skin.
However, I have had the symptoms you describe
and have been known to deal with it in a similar fashion. SUGAR.
In my case I'll throw a couple of tablespoons of sugar in a glass of oj
and pour it down my throat. (for some reason oj gets the sugar into your system real quick)

Either hypoglycemia or a pancreas that's not making enough insulin
will give you those symptoms. you say you busted .... in the sun with your lawn then went in your hot garage and played chemist. Heat and low sugar from overexhaustion.

So, relax you're OK. You'll live but you might go get a blood sugar test.
If you're prediabetic it's not too late to correct the problem (PM me for details)
If you're hypoglycemic you can deal with it by watching your physical activity in the hot sun
and staying well fed throughout the day.

Hope this helps.
Regards,
Hazy :cool:

Last edited:

BigCap

ECF Veteran
Jul 21, 2014
Earth
Hello. Relax.

I also vape a lot and used to smoke 3PAD when I quit. I've never had the symptoms you described
and pour it down my throat. (for some reason oj gets the sugar into your system real quick)

will give you those symptoms. you say you busted .... in the sun with your lawn then went in your hot garage and played chemist. Heat and low sugar from overexhaustion.

If you're prediabetic it's not too late to correct the problem (PM me for details)
If you're hypoglycemic you can deal with it by watching your physical activity in the hot sun

Hope this helps.
Regards,
Hello. Relax.

Hope this helps.
Regards,

Thanks Hazy, I will send you a PM now

Ou2mame

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2015
Long island
Panic attacks and anxiety can cause your body to pull blood out of your limbs in anticipation of damage to them. Look up fight flight. They go numb, you get dizzy, tunnel vision, temp fluctuations, etc. I've dealt with panic attacks for the past 15 years. It used to be pretty crippling. The worry changes your breathing, your breathing causes physical effects, the physical effects cause worry and the cycle just spirals from there. You end up half naked under a coffee table with tingling toes eating pretzel rods wondering if this is it lol

Racehorse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 12, 2012
USA midwest
Although it definitely is odd that I have a lot of the Nic OD feelings that I have read about. I know I couldn't go 4+ hours without a few puffs since I started vaping, and I still am not craving any Nic, just the thought of vaping right now turns my stomach a little.

Not finding all the information out on how long these cold tingling feelings all lasts for, just can't wrap my finger around it.

Man, I enjoy diy'ing so much too, I really don't want to go back to them stinkers. I wI'll definitely open the garage up a bit next time, and I'll have to get me a fan too.

I doubt very much that 12mg nic "fumes" would cause any of this.

I will say that you really should be evaluated for Raynaud's Syndrome though. That would explain the tingling, etc. and if you have that, it can be triggered by emotional upset/stress. Also, w/Raynaud's you REALLY want to cut down on your nicotine intake. My brother has it so I know alot about Raynaud's.

Reactions: BigCap

BigCap

ECF Veteran
Jul 21, 2014
Earth
Panic attacks and anxiety can cause your body to pull blood out of your limbs in anticipation of damage to them. Look up fight flight. They go numb, you get dizzy, tunnel vision, temp fluctuations, etc. I've dealt with panic attacks for the past 15 years. It used to be pretty crippling. The worry changes your breathing, your breathing causes physical effects, the physical effects cause worry and the cycle just spirals from there. You end up half naked under a coffee table with tingling toes eating pretzel rods wondering if this is it lol

Lmao, spot on my friend, except they weren't pretzel rods, they were chocolate wafers! :D

I will have to check fight flight out, I usually watch a video on YouTube that calms me

This usually works good for me if I am in my house.

BigCap

ECF Veteran
Jul 21, 2014
Earth

I will say that you really should be evaluated for Raynaud's Syndrome though. That would explain the tingling, etc. and if you have that, it can be triggered by emotional upset/stress. Also, w/Raynaud's you REALLY want to cut down on your nicotine intake. My brother has it so I know alot about Raynaud's.

I will definitely look into this, but it was the first time I experienced anything like this. I would have to say I am 99% sure now that this was anxiety related, and not nic related.

BigCap

ECF Veteran
Jul 21, 2014
Earth

Honestly, I don't think that is it, although I have so many issues, I will add this to my list of "maybe's".

Ou2mame

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2015
Long island
Lmao, spot on my friend, except they weren't pretzel rods, they were chocolate wafers! :D

I will have to check fight flight out, I usually watch a video on YouTube that calms me

This usually works good for me if I am in my house.

Fight flight is the syndrome that causes your body to pull blood from your limbs. It's pretty cool. It's funny having anxiety disorders cause no matter how much you know about it and how educated you are, you're still as susceptible as anyone else. I started smoking because of it and it helped a great deal. Got me through my 20s without having to take meds at least. Switching to vaping, even if only safer than cigarettes, is much safer than living on xanax or whatever for the rest of my life. Anyways, for me, what calms me down the most is music. I blast some Deftones or nofx and I'm good to go a few songs in. I think it's just an adrenaline thing. I'm worse in the winters because I can't mountain bike. I exercise a lot. That helps also. It's a tough disorder...hi, I have an irrational disorder that only exists in my head. Fix it haha

issy

ECF Veteran
Jun 22, 2014
Between Timid and Timbuktu
Just an update, I am pretty sure I am writing this off as once of my more severe panic attacks. I am back to normal (not really normal, but as normal as I can be lol) thanks again to all for your concerns, and kind words.

I'm a little late to the game, but I'm really glad you're feeling better. I suffer from panic attacks as well - and yes, you feel like "this is it" every time. Chest pain, palpitations, hell, my body dropped to 95.4 F during my last one and I was convinced I had septicemia. The internet doesn't help - but I'm the worst hypocrite ever, I scour the internet every time I start to feel tingly until I have to FORCE myself to stop (and accept death is what it feels like). The downward spiral happens quickly and is devastating while you're caught up in it.

Please take care of yourself. I have an emotional support animal (greyhounds are notoriously CHILL dogs - lol) and a playlist of songs that help me. I have learned how to meditate and I practice several times a day when I'm not having an attack, and I draw from those techniques when I'm having one, and it helps as well. When I can get back to the doctor (thanks Obamacare, same boat) I will ask for 5mg diazepam again for "as needed" which I am very careful not to take unless NOTHING else is working.

Take care of yourself, BigCap!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread