Nicotine overdose tingling cold limbs Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigCap

ECF Veteran
Jul 21, 2014
Earth
Fight flight is the syndrome that causes your body to pull blood from your limbs. It's pretty cool. It's funny having anxiety disorders cause no matter how much you know about it and how educated you are, you're still as susceptible as anyone else. I started smoking because of it and it helped a great deal. Got me through my 20s without having to take meds at least. Switching to vaping, even if only safer than cigarettes, is much safer than living on xanax or whatever for the rest of my life. Anyways, for me, what calms me down the most is music. I blast some Deftones or nofx and I'm good to go a few songs in. I think it's just an adrenaline thing. I'm worse in the winters because I can't mountain bike. I exercise a lot. That helps also. It's a tough disorder...hi, I have an irrational disorder that only exists in my head. Fix it haha

I wouldn't say its pretty cool lol, In fact it's the scariest crap I have ever been through lol. And I have been through a lot! I try to distract myself, and that works most of the time too. It's just something that you just create in your head by fear, and your body and mind make you believe that's what is really happening. Crazy! Now only if I could trick my mind to make it disappear forever ha! Yeah I need to get back to exercising and off of the medication. The Xanax does more hurt than good. I know all about the fight or flight, but the thing is you can't fight it, it only makes it worse. Although that's just our bodies natural way of reacting to a scary situation. Glad to see a fellow vapor who understands :)

herb

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 21, 2014
Northern NJ native , Coastal NC now.
Thank you to everyone who has commented, it really means a lot, and I was worried some trolls/bullies were going to get on here and say crazy things and freak me out even more. I would have went to the ER, or called a doctor as many suggested, I simply cannot even afford it at the moment (thank you obummercare).

I believe what happened here is that I vaped A LOT on Sunday, really a lot in an RDA around 40 watts at 3mg, which I am not really that accustomed to doing all day. I didn't get nauseous from that or dizzy or anything. But I definitely took in a lot of nic that day.

I usually just chain vape my subtank at around 12-15 watts at 3mg. Yesterday, I was up very late and I wanted to get a few recipes steeping. I also don't think I vaped nearly as much as I did Sunday. I think I could of had nicotine withdraw symptoms (which some can feel the same as an overdose), pair that with my wonderful disorders, and I had a full blown panic attack (which I have had hundreds of times in the past and have always been able to control with my medication). For some reason, I was unable to get myself under control because I was having all of these crazy feelings that I assumed were associated with OD symptoms. I think maybe just knowing some of the nicotine overdose symptoms, I started to believe that it was actually happening to me, even though I have made thousands of ml's in the past without any problems except whenever I open my nic, it ALWAYS burns my eyes, I have noticed the burning more so with PG nic, than the VG nic. I always hold it about a foot away so I am not directly over it.

Anywho, today I am feeling a little better, I am kind of out of it, va bit fatigued, and still a little on edge, but nothing like yesterday. The cold tingling numbness in my arms and legs had went away for the most part after about 4 hours, as well as the rapid heart beat, right before I was finally able to calm myself down and finally get some sleep. The mind works in mysterious ways I suppose. Today I have mainly just been Vaping 0mg just to be on the safe side, although I am extremely irritable! I have taken a few puffs here and there of 3mg at 12 watts, seems to be helping me some with my irritability.

Again, thanks to everyone who commented and tried to help me in anyway possible. It really means so much. I cannot thank you guys and gals enough. For anyone that has anxiety/ptsd/panic attacks, or has any loved ones suffering from these conditions, I thank you greatly for your kind understanding.

Mental health issues are one of the most common things in society today with anxiety disorders being a very large part . Nothing to be ashamed of or need to apologize for , fact is, the overwhelming majority of people suffer with some type of ailment .

On the rare occasion you do come across a proper functioning individual you got to get the he_ _ out of there in a hurry , they are ridiculously boring and no fun to be around.

Besides, people who aren't working with a full deck tend to gravitate and get along with others who are missing a few marbles as well , thats the way it should be.

BigCap

ECF Veteran
Jul 21, 2014
Earth
I'm a little late to the game, but I'm really glad you're feeling better. I suffer from panic attacks as well - and yes, you feel like "this is it" every time. Chest pain, palpitations, hell, my body dropped to 95.4 F during my last one and I was convinced I had septicemia. The internet doesn't help - but I'm the worst hypocrite ever, I scour the internet every time I start to feel tingly until I have to FORCE myself to stop (and accept death is what it feels like). The downward spiral happens quickly and is devastating while you're caught up in it.

Please take care of yourself. I have an emotional support animal (greyhounds are notoriously CHILL dogs - lol) and a playlist of songs that help me. I have learned how to meditate and I practice several times a day when I'm not having an attack, and I draw from those techniques when I'm having one, and it helps as well. When I can get back to the doctor (thanks Obamacare, same boat) I will ask for 5mg diazepam again for "as needed" which I am very careful not to take unless NOTHING else is working.

Take care of yourself, BigCap!

Thanks so much, I just sent you a pm :)

BigCap

ECF Veteran
Jul 21, 2014
Earth
Mental health issues are one of the most common things in society today with anxiety disorders being a very large part . Nothing to be ashamed of or need to apologize for , fact is, the overwhelming majority of people suffer with some type of ailment .

On the rare occasion you do come across a proper functioning individual you got to get the he_ _ out of there in a hurry , they are ridiculously boring and no fun to be around.

Besides, people who aren't working with a full deck tend to gravitate and get along with others who are missing a few marbles as well , thats the way it should be.

Lol, thanks for the laugh Herb! I think you're correct :)

disallowedword

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 12, 2010
Smokane, WA
Next time you have a panic attack, grab a clean 10ml or larger syringe and try to blow on the end hard enough to move the plunger, do this several times, and it will put light pressure on your heart and get it back to beating productively which will alleviate a lot of the symptoms.
Another thing that helps is a cold rag on your face, and sipping cold water.

This is just knowledge gained by having a wife who has occasional panic attacks and a friend who is a paramedic.
I have had 100mg nic on my hands and have vaped 50mg and have not had the symptoms you describe.
Hope you feel better soon!

Breezy Dawn

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2015
Virginia
I did skip a dose last night, but earlier today, and tonight I took my normal dosage. I just don't understand how the tingling started in my pinky, and now has shifted to other places, almost 3 hours later now since that started. I am sure my anxiety disorder has a lot to do with this.
I have horrible anxiety too,i know how it works. In fact in keeps me from even trying to diy juices. I sometimes watch my battery way to much when it charges even. I do think anxiety may been kicked in on you,but i also know the "checklist" of things it can be just sometimes has to be done. I hope it is straightens itself out fast.

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
angryvaper.crypticsites.com
Fight flight is the syndrome that causes your body to pull blood from your limbs. It's pretty cool. It's funny having anxiety disorders cause no matter how much you know about it and how educated you are, you're still as susceptible as anyone else. I started smoking because of it and it helped a great deal. Got me through my 20s without having to take meds at least. Switching to vaping, even if only safer than cigarettes, is much safer than living on xanax or whatever for the rest of my life. Anyways, for me, what calms me down the most is music. I blast some Deftones or nofx and I'm good to go a few songs in. I think it's just an adrenaline thing. I'm worse in the winters because I can't mountain bike. I exercise a lot. That helps also. It's a tough disorder...hi, I have an irrational disorder that only exists in my head. Fix it haha

If I can find something that REALLY makes me laugh, it can help a GREAT deal. Most of my "attacks" now are fairly mild, thank goodness, but laughter can really help. Problem is, nothing seems very funny when you're wigging with anxiety... so it has to be something REALLY funny. :D

Andria

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread