Nicotine vs Nicotine Salts--

Status
Not open for further replies.

MarkRNY

ECF Veteran
Apr 18, 2016
Rockland County, NY
Thinking of switching to Nic Salts for two reasons--1-I found a place that ships E-juice to NY (don't move to NY, btw...really) and their selection of salts is much better than their options for regular nicotine E-juice and, 2-I'm hearing/reading that nic salts can be better for x smokers (pack + a day) because the levels are higher (up to 50mgs) and it's absorbed quicker. My questions are these--

1\ What do people who use salts think of them? (obvious).
2\ I'm using Aspire Tigons with 0.7 coils. I hear most use pods for salts. Can Tigons be used or should I switch to a pod?
3\ I'm reading that salts give a "smoother" throat hit. Does that translate into "no throat hit"? Because that would be a No-Go.

So much to learn, so little time. All I want to do is stay the hell off "analog" butts, and it seems the whole world's conspiring to keep me on them. Millions are in this position because of police state governments and peoples' willingness to accept it, right across the board.

People here are always great and go the extra mile to help. Any answers would be appreciated. Btw--for any fellow NYers, the company that ships to NY is Vape Juice Depot. They get good reviews online. Spoke with them and they seem like nice guys.

Thanks!

Reactions: smacuser

mj79

ECF Veteran
Jun 29, 2010
mn
Thinking of switching to Nic Salts for two reasons--1-I found a place that ships E-Juice to NY (don't move to NY, btw...really) and their selection of salts is much better than their options for regular nicotine E-Juice and, 2-I'm hearing/reading that nic salts can be better for x smokers (pack + a day) because the levels are higher (up to 50mgs) and it's absorbed quicker. My questions are these--

1\ What do people who use salts think of them? (obvious).
2\ I'm using Aspire Tigons with 0.7 coils. I hear most use pods for salts. Can Tigons be used or should I switch to a pod?
3\ I'm reading that salts give a "smoother" throat hit. Does that translate into "no throat hit"? Because that would be a No-Go.

So much to learn, so little time. All I want to do is stay the hell off "analog" butts, and it seems the whole world's conspiring to keep me on them. Millions are in this position because of police state governments and peoples' willingness to accept it, right across the board.

People here are always great and go the extra mile to help. Any answers would be appreciated. Btw--for any fellow NYers, the company that ships to NY is Vape Juice Depot. They get good reviews online. Spoke with them and they seem like nice guys.

Thanks!

I have a few pods ( caliburn g , and Freemax onnix 2 ) I also have a geek vape hero , which is a a 45 watt aio ( I use the .4 and .6 ohm coil at about 30 watts in that ) .. I vape 25-30 mg salts in all of them. In the pod systems 25-50 mg is fine, in the hero, it gets to be alot stronger , as it produces alot more vapor.

I wouldn't suggest using salts in a bigger , more powerful setup, like a 60-80 watt subohm tank , I have a horizontech falcon and Sakerz. No way in hell vaping salts in that. But anything under 40 watts should be fine. - basically think of it as the higher you go up and wattage the more you want to go to a actual sub ohm freebase liquid. There comes a point when you will just need to adjust for your specific tolerance.. I have a dozen mods , tanks , RDAs, pods , so you just have to test it out to see what works for you. So yes a pod would be a good way to start salts.

Salts will still give you a throat hit, but I think what they're saying is it's less harsh.. I've been vaping for over 12 years off and on so I've had thousands of dollars spent in different liquids, and I think the liquids themselves are what translate to the harshness of the throat hit.. I've had 6 mg free base that I've used in RDAs, that tastes less harsh than a 25 mg Nic salt in a pod

Lots of trial and error

GeorgeS

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
  • May 31, 2015
    Oregon, USA
    1 - salts have less "throat hit" then 'freebase', so higher mg can be withstanded

2 - Yes, salts absorb better then freebase. A buddy once commented to me that he mixed the same mg salts as he did freebase and got a 'rush' off it.

Warning: due to the two items above it is fairly easy to OD using salts.

g.

MarkRNY

ECF Veteran
    Apr 18, 2016
    Rockland County, NY
    So, the responses are fairly negative. I was reading an old post from this forum where the guy was vaping 20mgs salts and was disappointed. The answers he got was that 20mgs was too low for salts, so I was thinking 30 to 50. This place sells them at 30 or 50 (or less). I was thinking of going for those levels, due to that post.

Hey, mj79--I just want to stay the hell off cigs in a state that makes vaping a crime. I don't give a damn about tik tok or cloud chasing or cool smoke rings. The one vape shop here has candy flavored crap at pathetically low nic levels. Shipping to NY's not an option, except for these guys. Their salts have some flavors that look OK. Ideally, I'd be DIYing. Instead I'm looking at salts as a last resort type thing. I asked the question here because I know nothing about them.

Thanks for the replies.

ImperfectFuture

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Feb 5, 2014
    Seattle
    So, the responses are fairly negative. I was reading an old post from this forum where the guy was vaping 20mgs salts and was disappointed. The answers he got was that 20mgs was too low for salts, so I was thinking 30 to 50. This place sells them at 30 or 50 (or less). I was thinking of going for those levels, due to that post.

Hey, mj79--I just want to stay the hell off cigs in a state that makes vaping a crime. I don't give a damn about tik tok or cloud chasing or cool smoke rings. The one vape shop here has candy flavored crap at pathetically low nic levels. Shipping to NY's not an option, except for these guys. Their salts have some flavors that look OK. Ideally, I'd be DIYing. Instead I'm looking at salts as a last resort type thing. I asked the question here because I know nothing about them.

Thanks for the replies.

Get the salts to start, and look into ordering your DIY asap. Get at least 3 liters of nicotine base 100 mg/ml, maybe a gallon or two. You seem to need a lot of nic. Plenty of you tube videos for DIY Get your equipment (scales and squeegee bottles plus amber bottles off amazon), gloves from wherever, pg and vg at best price can find, then flavorings. East Coast tends to like Bull City flavoring. West Coast better for Flavor Jungle.

Best bet is nicbase for your nicotine, but be prepared for hefty shipping. In the end, it is still cheaper than using purchased ejuice forever. You don't want to get hooked on 50mg, trust me.

mj79

ECF Veteran
    Jun 29, 2010
    mn

Thanks for the replies.
    I realize you don't want to make tik.tok videos. That must have been one of those sarcasm jokes that went right over your head... Look at my post above, that's all you need to know

MarkRNY

ECF Veteran
    Apr 18, 2016
    Rockland County, NY
    Thanks for the detailed reply, MJ. It helps a lot. Sorry I took so long to respond. My email made the decision to send your reply to junk mail. It does that frequently. It's alive.

So my Tigon's wattage (a little under 30 watts) should be OK from what you wrote. I'll probably go for a pod anyway with your specs in mind if I like these salts. From what I'm reading about them online, they sound like a good choice. They sound like my only choice for now if I don't want Guava Lollipop or something. I always check here first though. I know I'll get the bottom line.

Thanks again.

JR789

Mar 7, 2022
    Salts are fine in low power devices, MTL mostly. I found I could handle 20mg no problem though I only vape maximum 9mg freebase.
    My only issue with nic salts was after a few weeks I just didn't like them anymore and went back to freebase.
    I have tried hybrid juices. They are pretty good. Have vaped them all day with no problem.

Give them a shot. Just don't buy too many in case you don't like them.

Reactions: MarkRNY

GeorgeS

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
  • May 31, 2015
    Oregon, USA
    And it's also easy to get hooked on 50mg (aka 5%) which is why the disposables pushers love it.

Ahhh... the old addict 'rush'. :)

I got that a handful of times when I first started using salts at high mg levels. However, your body quickly becomes used to it and it becomes then a fleeting moment.

Thankfully I don't vape at high mg levels anymore with 18mg the highest I go. (generally @ 7mg most of the day)

However you hit the nail on the head: that 'rush' feeling is what non smokers are getting hooked on. I recall as early as 6th grade many of us were experimenting with all sorts of mind/body altering things.

g.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread