Nicotine

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
I find people who eliminate all their vices rather dull.

I'll probably vape until the end. I just enjoy the actions of using vaping to replace smoking (which I enjoyed). My reason for using 12mg sometimes was just to reduce the urge to vape in places where smoking isn't allowed. So far, it's helping to reduce the frequency. I can hit 12mg and go for a while without the nic crave.

3mg is still OK when I can vape at will. I change to 3mg at night and vape 12mg during the day. Doing that easily cut my juice consumption in half or less compared to when I vaped 3mg all day.

Last edited:

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
I'll probably vape until the end. I just enjoy the actions of using vaping to replace smoking (which I enjoyed). My reason for using 12mg sometimes was just to reduce the urge to vape in places where smoking isn't allowed. So far, it's helping to reduce the frequency. I can hit 12mg and go for a while without the nic crave.

3mg is still OK when I can vape at will. I change to 3mg at night and vape 12mg during the day. Doing that easily cut my juice consumption in half or less than when I vaped 3mg all day.
I quit worrying about juice consumption when I realized my mixes were vapable.

Rossum

Eleutheromaniac
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2013
SE PA
I quit worrying about juice consumption when I realized my mixes were vapable.
Sure, DIY makes it immaterial from an economic perspective. But I wonder a bit about the long-term effect of inhaling really large quantities of PG, VG, and flavorings. So it strikes me as less risky to vape say, 5 ml of 12 mg than 20 ml of 3 mg.

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
Sure, DIY makes it immaterial from an economic perspective. But I wonder a bit about the long-term effect of inhaling really large quantities of PG, VG, and flavorings. So it strikes me as less risky to vape say, 5 ml of 12 mg than 20 ml of 3 mg.
I'm good with where I'm at and since sometimes I don't vape much and sometimes I chain vape I doubt raising nic is something that I need to worry myself with. I only keep a 10mg mixed up for when I'm not getting any satisfied period, gives me a headache after a few hits. Honestly when I'm vaping more than usual it's an absent minded habit, did the same with smoking. Empty hand sort of thing.

Beamslider

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 29, 2017
San Francisco
I have been all over the place MTL, DL. levels of nic from 50 mg to 3 mg depending on the device. I now do 4 mg on .5 ohm coils, sometimes MTL sometimes DL. So just find a level that keeps you happy and don't worry so much about it. It is far better than smoking.

Katdarling

I'm still here on ECF... sort of. ;)
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2011
Utopia

:blink:

Rossum, for some reason I believe someone got on your computer and posted as you. That doesn't sound like you at all.

And, as always, I kould be wrong. ;)

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
I actually agree with Rossum. The studies concerning long term vaping just aren't there. What studies that have been done have used small specific pools of test subjects and are short term. I don't believe this is enough for a younger vaper to know what the future consequences of vaping over the years may be. In truth vaping is still very young. Yes it is undeniably less harmful than smoking but what do we really know beyond that.

Last edited:
Reactions: stols001

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
I've wondered about lung health and high vaping volume myself. My doctor has no issues with vaping as long as it keeps me from smoking. I've had one lung X-ray and two chest CT scans over the last three years as part of my physicals and all show clear lungs with two tiny calcified nodules less than 4mm (smaller than a BB). Doc says those usually happen when you have a lung infection from a cold or flu. The lungs encapsulate the spot with calcium. They've remained static and Doc says they are common and aren't an issue at all unless they begin to grow. They showed up after I had the flu with chest congestion several years ago.

3 years, same tiny size. I'm a happy camper.

Last edited:

Rossum

Eleutheromaniac
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2013
SE PA
:blink:

Rossum, for some reason I believe someone got on your computer and posted as you. That doesn't sound like you at all.

And, as always, I kould be wrong. ;)
Why do you think it doesn't sound like me? I've often said that (to me), it makes no sense to reduce one's nic level if doing so means the person ends up vaping more juice. This assessment never had anything to do with the cost of juice, nor should it be construed as me wanting to restrict or limit how anyone else chooses to vape. :)

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I have a nodule (calcium, not a problem) from my 18 months pneumonia and I feel lucky that's ALL it turned out to be.

I'm glad my juice consumption was on the lower side, although to be frank, if vaping super sub0hm worked for me, I probably would have gone whatever route GOT me away from smoking and kept me there, without a ton of worry about how much e-liquid I went through. I agree the studies aren't there-- other than switching to vaping is a HUGE improvement.

So "Whatever it takes" kind of thing. Etc.

Anna

Coyote628

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Contest Winner!
Sep 16, 2017
As i smoked for 42 years, switching to vaping most likely isnt going to hurt me any more than the 782,598+ cigs i smoked over that period. If 15 or 20 yrs down the road we find vaping to be not so good after all, in my case it wont matter much to me anyway. Currently, my lungs are clear but im sure theres some damage from smoking. I still get winded pretty bad on strenous activity. But its still my belief that if someone in their teens and twenties who never picked up the nicotine habit, vaping just for the sake of it is not high on the list of great ideas. And i do get a little offended when these kids come in here with all their questions and problems, knowing damn well what theyre up to. But, i was a kid once too and smoking was the cool thing to do back then.

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
The only fault I find with newbs is some of them refuse to read any links. Happy to help but damn help yourself when you're shown the way. Most annoying is when they only want to hear one answer and feebly attempt to roadblock any other answers.

Coyote628

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Contest Winner!
Sep 16, 2017
The only fault I find with newbs is some of them refuse to read any links. Happy to help but damn help yourself when you're shown the way. Most annoying is when they only want to hear one answer and feebly attempt to roadblock any other answers.
Yeah, that too. What you said. They say no question is a dumb question, but im starting to believe thats not completely universal.

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2010
between here and there
Why do you think it doesn't sound like me? I've often said that (to me), it makes no sense to reduce one's nic level if doing so means the person ends up vaping more juice. This assessment never had anything to do with the cost of juice, nor should it be construed as me wanting to restrict or limit how anyone else chooses to vape. :)
For someone like me who chain vapes I had to lower my mg in order to do so. (I chained smoked also). Mimicking the behavior of hand to mouth apparently is important to me( as part of the addiction). So yes, I do use more ejuice than I would if I had stayed at my original starting place of 12mg, but I found I was still trying to chain vape and making myself nic sick. I had to admit that if I wasn't vaping I would still be smoking. I picked the harm reduction method. And feel so much better for it. My body knows it no longer smokes I always thought I would die with a cigarette hanging out of my mouth(so to speak), so IF it does turn out that 20 years from now people start developing xyz, at least I had those 20 extra years that I know I would never have had with cigarettes.

just my 2 pennies

:)

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
Does anyone "else" here find it "interesting" that @LoneWolf27659 (the OP) hasn't chimed in on this thread since it's inception date? Otherwise, I've personally found your various perspectives most informative. Thank you all.
Can't really say I blame him. Some the first answers he received were pretty rude and judgmental.

Reactions: stols001

SomethingElse

May 8, 2018
30 mi. WSW of CLE
I'm not sure I agree with you @Letitia. After all, his next-to-last post was...

Thanks anna
But I'm not using ohm
I'm using RTA
Anyway I'm fine
But what bothers me why some people can do it, hehehehehe, I'm jealous maybe
See you said you vape 18 Nic, I couldn't tolerate 6 lol

Those first 2 lines (after "Thanks anna") seem to be indicating some "ignorance" and the penultimate line, with the "snide laugh," seem more rude than any of the replies he received. I might be inclined to say a couple of the replies showed a BIT of impatience but, personally, I can't find any fault in that given his comments. When I was young, my parents would tell me "It takes all kinds to make a world." However, after all I've encountered over the subsequent 50+ yrs I've come to the conclusion that there are some "kinds" the rest of us would be better off without.

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
We are constantly telling newbs anyway you want to vape is right for you. I think some of the OP's posts were a bit rude but I also think he was feeling hammered for wanting to experiment with higher nic. I go up in nic with an occasional juice. Body/mind wants what it wants.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread